Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

WARNING: The Dera'Xo is sick!

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
This is not IC knowledge, it is simply a warning, telling you to avoid me if you do not want to risk your character being sick.

The Dera'Xo got drunk, and tried to avoid accidentally hurting someone, but he ended up falling off the docks of Port Silver, and landing in the filthy waters below. He's lucky that the tides pushed him to the beaches nearby, but when he woke up the next day, something was different. He had missed his ship home! Wait... he also had smallpox and fuming fever!

Yes, this is leading up to an event, and yes, AVOID ME if you don't want to risk character sickness.

You have been warned, and don't blame me if your character gets sick.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
So, my character Syr runs the risk of being infected. One day IRL until the pox begins forming, two until it gets bad, Gamemonster said. Unless he finds a capable doctor, of course (aha- any volunteers?).
That's my OOC warning in case anyone really doesn't want it, though he'll also be avoiding people IC for their sake until he visits a healer.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
Infected characters:
@Mitch
and a few rodents.
Dead characters:
@gamemonster55
RULES! If you come near a player, have them warned OOCly before you walk near them. If you come within a few blocks of a player, they are to roll a D6. 1 Being that you do not see notice anything, and are not infected at all. 2 Being that you notice the infection, but you aren't completely sure. You also aren't infected. 3 Being that you notice the infection RIGHT away! You also aren't infected. 4 Being that you notice the infection RIGHT away, but you are infected. 5 Being that you notice the infection, but you aren't sure, you are infected as well. 6 being the worst, you notice nothing, and you get infected.

ALSO: Another warning, the dead body of any earthspawn lays just behind the dockmasters office. That is where some rodents were infected too. The rodents aren't a problem really, but the infected characters are.

Last edited:

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
Sidenote: The rumors of Pox spreading through port silver have rapidly spread, and your character will probably know about it tomorrow, or later.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
.. Er, I'm pretty sure just walking past someone isn't going to infect them.

Prolonged contact, touching thing they've touched, blah blah, sure.

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
.. Er, I'm pretty sure just walking past someone isn't going to infect them.

Prolonged contact, touching thing they've touched, blah blah, sure.
For the mechanics of the game though, I think the rolling is the simplest, fairest way to go ^_^

Also, Gamemonster, this is awesome!

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
For the mechanics of the game though, I think the rolling is the simplest, fairest way to go ^_^

Also, Gamemonster, this is awesome!
.. I don't think something that can kill quickly, leaves terrible scars in many cases if you survive, and is generally horrible should be spread by just walking by a person. But I suppose I see your point.

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
On the thread regarding Fuming Fever, all of the contraction methods seem to be caused by saliva on saliva or blood on blood. Nothing there says anything about walking past someone and contracting this illness, it's not airborne.

Edit: using my knowledge, if I'm not mistaken, smallpox CAN be contracted through face to face contact, but it'd need to be prolonged.

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
.. I don't think something that can kill quickly, leaves terrible scars in many cases if you survive, and is generally horrible should be spread by just walking by a person. But I suppose I see your point.
Hmm, that's true~ Hmmmmmm

Jupa15

Settling in Altera
On the thread regarding Fuming Fever, all of the contraction methods seem to be caused by saliva on saliva or blood on blood. Nothing there says anything about walking past someone and contracting this illness, it's not airborne.

Edit: using my knowledge, if I'm not mistaken, smallpox CAN be contracted through face to face contact, but it'd need to be prolonged.
* Imagines a earth spawn sneezing everywhere he walks *
Hmmm...