Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

What Comes Next

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Hey fellas,

I know it’s been a tumultuous several weeks for a lot of folk. I don’t think this comes as a surprise, but I decided I was done a few weeks ago and that I’d be stepping down. I had hoped to leave it in good hands, but the reality of the situation is that we have about two months of server costs left in the bank, and we’re just about out of experienced staff willing to deal with the drama.

It is with this in mind that I’ve had some long conversations, and have decided to close the server down. With what money we have, we’re going to focus on winding down and giving people a satisfying conclusion for their characters. It’s been a good run, I have a lot of good memories of being here, and I hope most of you can say the same.

On current events:
I think Dee’s a jackass and I do not need to contrive further reason to want him gone. There are certainly parts here that I’ve fumbled, but it has not been with the characterization he has portrayed, and I do not regret the stance I took.

I think as a server we have a long history of vocal protest, of feedback threads and callout posts, so much so that I think there are some that have normalized being vitriolic as a suitable form of expression when there’s passion behind it. It is not; this is a game we play on, and if there’s not some semblance of respect at the end of the day there’s something wrong.

I think the bulk of you all are quite lovely; that we’re all here to have fun and do the best we can. I’ve gone ahead and banned the people I think are toxic. If for whatever reason you can’t abide this, you’re welcome to seek harbor elsewhere.

On what comes next:
For the rest of you, we’re going to focus our energy on giving your characters a good conclusion, wrapping up any loose ends, and sending off Hollowworld’s narrative with a bang. We’ll have some more to come on what that looks like and how to get involved, but for now:

If you want schematics for any of your builds: Make an IGT ticket, and we’ll get them out for you.
If you want anything off the forums, grab it, they’ll be up as long as possible.
If you have ideas or suggestions for any big events you’d like to see, post them {here} or express support for ones already in there. We’ll try to get through as much as we can, especially if there’s a lot of support.
Otherwise, if you have something your character would like to accomplish, no matter how far out there, or have a conclusion in mind for their arc, please either post it {here} or in a ticket, and we’ll do our best to have it happen either in an event or as a personalized epilogue. If it’s a group thing, that works too. The only real rule here is that your good ending shouldn’t interfere with someone else’s.
The plan is also to end things in a way that has a ‘canon’ reason for your character to show up elsewhere if you’d like to continue playing them in another setting or server.

If you’d like to help with any of this, please let us know too.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
and to think I just stopped grinding my levels in smithing until the drama is over....

Lana's story has been one that I've become extremely proud of.

If she could have an ending, if any interest, by some manner by traveling to the stars with the help of Magic, I'd... greatly appreciate that.
Lana's goal of meditating on mountaintops and so forth was to be a reflection of her God. An outsider. I made my spells to try and prolong her life so that, if the server did a timeskip, I could try and keep Lana hundreds, if not thousands, of years from now as a much different individual. An outsider, pure and simple.

Whilst I am sad that HW is closing, I understand.

I was here near the start.
I am here at the end.
That is something to be proud of.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I strongly urge you to reconsider. There are absolutely people who would be willing to take command of the server, myself included.

TidalTerror

Lord of Altera
Patron
TidalTerror
TidalTerror
Patron
Hey guys, I dont go here-most people tend to like write full on like responses that address a bunch of things in a nice tone and all that, but I'm not staff and don't have that level of energy. Well no, I do, but just not that level of energy to devote to this. Anyways, if we're being real and honest here, this is a long time coming sorta scenario and I'm sad for some of the players but at the same time I really do hope this influences some solidarity and communities to be formed amongst players who've become friends through this server to get to enjoy their friendships WITHOUT the context of Hollow World and Altera. I think those whom wish to keep those relations will thrive and those whom couldn't? Well, maybe they weren't meant to be.

AND WITH THAT NICETHING SAID AND DONE, GOODBYEEEEE HOLLOW WORLD AND LANNIS-I CANT THINK OF A MORE PATHETIC WAY TO GO OUT

Vinnycall

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
VinnyCall
VinnyCall
Hero
I do not often comment on these, but I'd like to put in my little piece. My older brother attempted to invite me in 2020 however I was too intimidated to actually join. But after many years of him trying to convince me to join, I finally joined in 2023 in February. And it was probably one of my best choices, as I met a lot of good people here. Some that I would now consider good friends. I often preferred to stay out of bigger things due to being nervous about interacting with people, but this place certainly helped me get pulled out of my shell. Leofwine, my wonderful wanderer. He has possibly become my favorite character out of... Well any character I have ever played, none could top him and the moments I have had with him. From his genuine mental anguish he had from his time in hell, to his times being the mentor to new adventurers giving them the combat training they needed, and of course... Those days where he would just ramble about his love. He was my special lad, and if this is the end and I hope its not. I'm at least glad Its ending with him finally recovering from his trauma, of course there is so much more I wish to do with it. But atleast he'll finally be able to be happy and be able to recover.

I hope you all have a good day or night.

TLDR, I have had great times here and am sad to see it go.

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
12 years and one week ago I decided to sign up for a Minecraft server and write a whitelist application (It was terrible). Now that server is shutting after 13 years.

12 years. I was 15 when I applied. In the time since, I went to university, went back to university and have nearly finished a masters degree, went through mental health struggles, met a girl who I'm now engaged to, and in all that time, the character I thought up for that whitelist application has remained the only character I've played on Hollowworld.

Storm has developed far beyond my original idea, which to be perfectly honest was just a rip off of Aragorn. It is only in hindsight that I realise a character so unlike myself may have been an escape from my reality as a teen who both had a disability and a speech impediment, and suffered horribly from a lack of self confidence as a result.

Storm will likely never leave my mind, nor will you fine people. Even though things have been tense lately, I think of you all fondly, and some of you have become great friends. To any of you I have roleplayed with, or will roleplay with before the server closes for good, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your time and energy.

If I keep going, I'll either ramble even more or get wildly emotional, so I'll leave you with another thing taken from Tolkien: "Blessed are the legend-makers with their rhyme of things not found within recorded time."

Hollowworld
2011-2024

MelodyMusica

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
I've been lurking around for the last few years but I've been watching and chilling with some of the people I used to RP with back when I was active (much love to the Astrakhan homies). I joined this server at 16 and it was a large part of my high school years and into some of my college years. This server gave me one of my best friends and I will forever appreciate it for that.

I do think that this was an extremely pathetic way to end the server but I hope people will be able to hold onto the good memories of everything.

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
Everything comes from a choice, and in this case we’re seeing that Hollow leadership would rather choose closing the server over making the changes people have been begging for all this time. Dissent doesn’t come from nowhere, but instead of making decisions to improve the place, they chose to burn people’s work away and prove those dissenters right. It’s a sad way to go.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Retired Staff
On a more constructive but still brief note, it is said to see things go. It's been a long time coming, and I don't agree with every decision that's ever been made. It's not like anyone as individuals here is dying, though. Collaborative storytelling, worldbuilding, whatever is still something I at least have not lost any interest in. Even if it has, by and large, not been an interest I've expressed on Hollowworld in a long time. I expect I'll still see many people around in other circles, working on other projects, now that this one is finally coming to a close.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Lannis,

I don't think anyone truly knows the effort that goes into running this server. I heard the news and logged on here to say that I loved this server when I was here, and that I'm sad to see it go, even if I'm not here and Minecraft is behind me. Regardless, all the memories and the time spent on HW are precious to me and to many people.

I remember coming here in 2014 after a cataclysmic collapse of my old server and just wanted something... normal. I found more than that here. I found family. I found people that I still talk to even to this day. Some of my best highs with characters were here. From Henri and the Lavoyard crisis and my building of cities, to Sigmar, the golden-haired youth that found a home, I have no regrets of this place. Even my time on staff was great (except when it wasn't).

Goodbye Hollowworld, I loved you and always will.

FjordOfFrosthill

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Prince_Akuma27
Prince_Akuma27
Patron
If there is someone who is more than willing to take the reigns from you and has the experience for such then I'd recommend passing it onto them if they so want to. Others and I would hate to see this server close over some major bumps in the road that come with running a roleplay server.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
shoot, I'll have something better to say later but I didn't expect this.

I guess I've flip flopped on what I've wanted for Frost over the years. I guess If anything I'd like her to zero sum into a higher existance. Move to a new hub world in my head, and say goodbye cconsidering this turn of events.

I guess on the bright side I won't have to finish Frostlight. God damn.

But now I guess I can go for some sort of ending. Just bittersweet it's gotta come with the end of the server

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Lannis give someone access to the map and rights to lore if you're not willing to see this through yourself. There's a lot here who are still looking to rp for long and want to look past any conclusion.

Even if you don't, I guarantee somekind of similar iteration of HW will pop up, private or public.

The post here screams you're out of passion and just want to dip, I would commend making that smoother and just letting folks choose new management.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Lannis give someone access to the map and rights to lore if you're not willing to see this through yourself. There's a lot here who are still looking to rp for long and want to look past any conclusion.

Even if you don't, I guarantee somekind of similar iteration of HW will pop up, private or public.

The post here screams you're out of passion and just want to dip, I would commend making that smoother and just letting folks choose new management.
Big agree, please, Lannis, do the right thing. There’s still a chance

LuxTop

Legend of Altera
12 years and one week ago I decided to sign up for a Minecraft server and write a whitelist application (It was terrible). Now that server is shutting after 13 years.

12 years. I was 15 when I applied. In the time since, I went to university, went back to university and have nearly finished a masters degree, went through mental health struggles, met a girl who I'm now engaged to, and in all that time, the character I thought up for that whitelist application has remained the only character I've played on Hollowworld.

Storm has developed far beyond my original idea, which to be perfectly honest was just a rip off of Aragorn. It is only in hindsight that I realise a character so unlike myself may have been an escape from my reality as a teen who both had a disability and a speech impediment, and suffered horribly from a lack of self confidence as a result.

Storm will likely never leave my mind, nor will you fine people. Even though things have been tense lately, I think of you all fondly, and some of you have become great friends. To any of you I have roleplayed with, or will roleplay with before the server closes for good, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your time and energy.

If I keep going, I'll either ramble even more or get wildly emotional, so I'll leave you with another thing taken from Tolkien: "Blessed are the legend-makers with their rhyme of things not found within recorded time."

Hollowworld
2011-2024
Never realized it, -- wild "Aragorn" had rather decent bromance with Sauron's rip-off