Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

What type of PC you use for gaming.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Custom built PC, spec'd and assembled my own since 1995 :p I tend to use second hand parts whenever possible to keep costs down though, I dont overspec as I've no need for an extra 10FPS if it costs me twice as much.

I'm more into the parts I use/stare at. so I've got a decent 27" HDTV for 1080P and a Logitech G19 keyboard with Logitech G9 mouse for pure comfort.

Alec

Lord of Altera
Ah my father made the Computer I am using at the moment. He has made computers for 20 years now.
He is now making military standard Chips for their electrical equipment.

Levaunt

I think I might like it here
Intel Core i7 - 3.07 GHz 2 TB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
ASUS 1080p 24" Monitor

About a year old.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Intel Core i7 - 3ghz 8gb Ram @ 1333ghz
ATI Radeon 6870 1gb Video
24" 1920x180 Benq LCD

Skyrim on max baby!

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Haha, how funny. People gaming with Macs... xD
I'm running a 64-bit Vaio with an Intel Core i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz
6GB of RAM and a 550GB hard-drive.

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
This looks like a good place for advice. I'm looking to buy a new desktop for around £300 to £400. What would anyone recommend?

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Post your current specs mate, honestly it's surprising how easy it is to give a PC a boost and now is not the best time to be upgrading especially hard drives..

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
My own PC (almost all second hand)

Intel Quad core Q9450, 8Gb RAM (neither overclocked, nothing seems to tax it)
Gigabyte GTX 460 Super Overclocked
Samsung P2770HD (27" monitor/HDTV)
8x 1TB drives on a PERC 5i in various raid configurations.
2x 60Gb SSDs
1x 500Gb Hybrid
Bitfenix Colossus Venom
I use a Logitech G9 gaming mouse and a Logitech G19 gaming keyboard (With Aida64/LCDhost for real time readouts from PC).

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
It's a laptop, and can't really be upgraded. I mainly need a bigger screen and more processing power with a Graphics card. Nothing sup really.

Dell Inspiron 1545

120GB hard drive
4GB Ram
Integrated graphics
1.8ghz Intel Celeron Processor
15 inch screen
Also optical disk drive doesn't work any more.

The main reason for a new computer (a desktop) is for a larger screen,as the current one is absolutely ruining my eyesight. Also the option for a decent computer would be good too (to play minecraft without lag...). Even a Pentium processor as they are going for pretty cheap these days.

Bigdanick

Legend of Altera
My PC just makes fun of all of yours.
  • I run an Acer Quad^7, 539TB RAM.
  • A 44.223+5ghz Intel 70086 v2 gfx card with illegal coolant (This is some high quality stuff).
  • I run it on a 1700 foot SonyHQ4000 model - 54980ggqbatmansymbol922.
  • Disk Drive holds around 48 CD's.
  • It also sings country and cuts fresh slices of cheddar cheese all at one time! THE BEST!!
I only joke, i'm a Mac guy.