Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Application; Volki Nevissén [Declined - Jase]

Volkyrian

Villager
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Volkyrian.

2. How old are you
?
Just turned 16 this December in 2019.
3. What country are you from?
Sweden, but I'm fluent in English.
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, several times actually.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I think it seems to be boring not only for the person to do but for the people affected. It's just unecessary.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko.
8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Stella and I'm a 16 year old female from Sweden. I've lived my whole life in this country together with my mother and 3 siblings. I currently have 7 cats, 2 parakeets and one bearded dragon. I really like animals a lot. I love listening to music and I do it pretty much all the time and I don't really have a specific genre I search for but I'm mostly drawn to rock,punk, metal, indie pop, regular indie and anything else in that genre, emo rap, old school rap, and a lot more. In my free time I usually play League of Legends or Sims 4, and Hearthstone on my iPhone while I'm travelling to and from school, and during school.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm a self-taught artist that currently draws traditionally, my profile picture is my OC Volkyrian as I picture her myself but for the purpose of using her in this server, she doesn't look like that in this story.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I googled for a medieval minecraft survival server.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Volki Nevissén.

Character Age:
Nineteen.

Character Race:
Moor Elf.

Appearance:
Volki has a long diamond shaped face with a pointy long chin and high defined cheekbones and her jaw being smoothly shaped leading to her chin. Her nose is small and button shaped as if it's only purpose is to be for decoration. She has very big doll-ish eyes with the outer corner very high up and the inner corner quite far down, thus creating a very defined cat shape. Her eyebrows are long and bushy as a statement which compliments the shape itself which is high up and quite arched, thus causing many people to assume that she's angry. Her eye color itself is bright purple usually, but cloudy purple when she's upset. Her lips aren't that small, but her bottom lip is a little bigger than the top one. Body wise, she stands at 5'9 with a slim yet quite smoothly curved body. Her waist is slim and her hips are quite wider, and her chest side is on the medium to smaller size. She has very long legs which makes up a large percent of her body's height. Weight wise, she is 60lbs, so a lot of the bones closer to the surface like her clavicles are quite visible.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
I felt like people were staring at me through the wall as usual when I had woken up in the middle of the night. This happens a lot and I don't really know why, but ever since I had to move into a shared house with strangers due to my mother throwing me out, it had gotten worse. So bad in fact, that I usually don't get more than 5 hours of sleep. I guess I'm used to it by this point, but tonight didn't feel normal. I stretched my legs out as I groaned softly in a deep voice, then letting out a yawn. My body felt sore from the hard wooden bedframe but I guess it could be worse. I shift my body and put my feet down on the floor, continuing to now stretch my arms out and crack my knuckles, when all of a sudden.. ''HIYAAAH!'',i heard a young boy's voice scream as I felt a hand grab each of my ankles tightly, and the hands were barely fully going completely around them. I'm quite scared of the dark so.. I instantly jumped up in fear, but I knew exactly who was hiding under my bed, like usual... Jacob.
''JACOB MATTHEWS!!'', I raised my voice as I brought down my hands to catch the little boys hands and pull him out. ''WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS!?'', I was shaking him now, holding him by the sides of his shoulders, but he was just giggling at me. He had a wide smile as he kept on giggling right in my face with his brown medium long, messy hair covering his eyes.
''You have to wake up Volki! I'm lonely..'', he frowned now, his facial expression had shifted so quickly and at that moment so had mine.

Volkyrian

Villager
Oh and yikes I misunderstood the question about metagaming and powergaming. If i can reply to it here, then, powergaming is playing any type of game with your own goal in mind. And Metagaming is playing a roleplay game with little to no knowledge about the rules or the lore, or anything about your own character.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Volkyrian!
Thank you for your application to Holloworld! I really like what you have so far, especially your character description. It is detailed to the point that I can already picture what they look like in my head which is a really good thing! However, there are a few issues that you will need to fix, before getting whitelisted.
  • Your metagaming/power gaming definitions are not quite right. You can find definitions that you can base your answers off [here.]
  • Your written test is a little short! Please ensure it is at a minimum of 400 words! Be creative and show us what your character is like and how they interact with others!
  • Also, you said your character is 60lbs but also 5'9. This gives a BMI of less that 9.8 aka severely, extremely underweight. You may want to fix this.
Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes by replying to this thread!

Volkyrian

Villager
Hey Volkyrian!
Thank you for your application to Holloworld! I really like what you have so far, especially your character description. It is detailed to the point that I can already picture what they look like in my head which is a really good thing! However, there are a few issues that you will need to fix, before getting whitelisted.
  • Your metagaming/power gaming definitions are not quite right. You can find definitions that you can base your answers off [here.]
  • Your written test is a little short! Please ensure it is at a minimum of 400 words! Be creative and show us what your character is like and how they interact with others!
  • Also, you said your character is 60lbs but also 5'9. This gives a BMI of less that 9.8 aka severely, extremely underweight. You may want to fix this.
Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes by replying to this thread!
I was going to write 60 kilos since i dont really go by LBS irl, i guess i forgot LOL

Volkyrian

Villager
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Volkyrian.

2. How old are you
?
Just turned 16 this December in 2019.
3. What country are you from?
Sweden, but I'm fluent in English.
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, several times actually.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is when the person who is doing exactly that is playing a game of their choice with a clear goal in their head. Metagaming is when a person is playing in a roleplaying server or roleplaying without any clear idea of the lore of the roleplay, nor the lore of their own character and they might not even have an idea of their personal character that they are roleplaying as.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko.
8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Stella and I'm a 16 year old female from Sweden. I've lived my whole life in this country together with my mother and 3 siblings. I currently have 7 cats, 2 parakeets and one bearded dragon. I really like animals a lot. I love listening to music and I do it pretty much all the time and I don't really have a specific genre I search for but I'm mostly drawn to rock,punk, metal, indie pop, regular indie and anything else in that genre, emo rap, old school rap, and a lot more. In my free time I usually play League of Legends or Sims 4, and Hearthstone on my iPhone while I'm travelling to and from school, and during school.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm a self-taught artist that currently draws traditionally, my profile picture is my OC Volkyrian as I picture her myself but for the purpose of using her in this server, she doesn't look like that in this story.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I googled for a medieval minecraft survival server.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Volki Nevissén.

Character Age:
Nineteen.

Character Race:
Moor Elf.

Appearance:
Volki has a long diamond shaped face with a pointy long chin and high defined cheekbones and her jaw being smoothly shaped leading to her chin. Her nose is small and button shaped as if it's only purpose is to be for decoration. She has very big doll-ish eyes with the outer corner very high up and the inner corner quite far down, thus creating a very defined cat shape. Her eyebrows are long and bushy as a statement which compliments the shape itself which is high up and quite arched, thus causing many people to assume that she's angry. Her eye color itself is bright purple usually, but cloudy purple when she's upset. Her lips aren't that small, but her bottom lip is a little bigger than the top one. Body wise, she stands at 5'9 with a slim yet quite smoothly curved body. Her waist is slim and her hips are quite wider, and her chest side is on the medium to smaller size. She has very long legs which makes up a large percent of her body's height. Weight wise, she is 70 kilos, so a lot of the bones closer to the surface like her clavicles are quite visible.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
I felt like people were staring at me through the wall as usual when I had woken up in the middle of the night. This happens a lot and I don't really know why, but ever since I had to move into a shared house with strangers due to my mother throwing me out, it had gotten worse. So bad in fact, that I usually don't get more than 5 hours of sleep. I guess I'm used to it by this point, but tonight didn't feel normal. I stretched my legs out as I groaned softly in a deep voice, then letting out a yawn. My body felt sore from the hard wooden bedframe but I guess it could be worse. I shift my body and put my feet down on the floor, continuing to now stretch my arms out and crack my knuckles, when all of a sudden.. ''HIYAAAH!'',i heard a young boy's voice scream as I felt a hand grab each of my ankles tightly, and the hands were barely fully going completely around them. I'm quite scared of the dark so.. I instantly jumped up in fear, but I knew exactly who was hiding under my bed, like usual... Jacob.
''JACOB MATTHEWS!!'', I raised my voice as I brought down my hands to catch the little boys hands and pull him out. ''WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS!?'', I was shaking him now, holding him by the sides of his shoulders, but he was just giggling at me. He had a wide smile as he kept on giggling right in my face with his brown medium long, messy hair covering his eyes.
''You have to wake up Volki! I'm lonely..'', he frowned now, his facial expression had shifted so quickly and at that moment so had mine. I slowly placed my right hand on the little boys cheek and smiled, ''I know,Jacob. Your parents will be back, you know?'' I tried to reassure him. You see, the shared house wasn't just any ordinary house but it was considered a community orphanage in the little village I had found myself in. Jacob's parents brought him here, telling him that they were going to adopt a sibling for him. But they left him here as he was playing with a little girl named Mia. My mind came back to reality as I felt my hand become wet, and I realized it was the boy's tears. I frowned,''Jacob listen to me, I promise that even if they don't come back, I will take care of you. And if anyone hurts you, I will hurt them, okay?'', I said while staring into his eyes as I said that, trying to let out a reassuring smile. ''Okay, Jacob?'', I proceeded to ask him again. He started shaking his head up and down in a nod while smiling back at me,''Okay Volki, I trust you!'' he smiled back at me. I brought up his little body into a hug when suddenly the old wooden door to my room burst open with a loud creak.. ''MISS NEVISSÉN!.. BOY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!'', Mrs Claude who was running the orphanage was a strict lady and would never, under any circumstances, let a boy into a girl's room, not even if it was a little 10 year old boy innocently playing with a 19 year old girl. I love kids and I always have, but I can't stand adults who have decided that they can control me. Mrs Claude was only a human you see, and I was a Moor elf. Even if we weren't able to be physically strong, I had the agility of an assasin. The old hag has no idea that I've been trained by a secret society to be a killer machine, you'd never even consider that thought if you saw me playing with a little child.

Volkyrian

Villager
Changing the answers to the powergaming and metagaming question, please read:
Powergaming: Playing as an overpowered character such as using the idea of having invisible guards with you or instantly killing someone, removing the choice of the other person you're roleplaying with to make a choice in the matter.
Metagaming: Hearing about an attack on a town, or a planned secret event over skype, on the forums, or anything other than in Roleplay and reacting to the information in roleplay is Meta-gaming. Since your character can't read on the forums considering it is OOC, it is metagaming to use that information while roleplaying since your character couldn't possibly know.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Looking at your story, I am going to have to get you to change a few elements within the backstory of your character. Going on what you have written, we strongly discourage the mention of orphanages, assassins, any sort of "secret society" and advanced skills beyond what is reasonable. In Hollowworld, we pride ourselves in being a relatively mature roleplay server, and quite frankly, these tropes don't often happen in the real world (except for orphanages- which we don't allow as it is an overused trope), and as such we don't allow them in the backstory of a new character.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Volkyrian

Villager
Looking at your story, I am going to have to get you to change a few elements within the backstory of your character. Going on what you have written, we strongly discourage the mention of orphanages, assassins, any sort of "secret society" and advanced skills beyond what is reasonable. In Hollowworld, we pride ourselves in being a relatively mature roleplay server, and quite frankly, these tropes don't often happen in the real world (except for orphanages- which we don't allow as it is an overused trope), and as such we don't allow them in the backstory of a new character.

Let me know if you have any questions!
No problem!