Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Willowcat - Application [Accepted - Sodium]

Willowcat362

Villager
1. Your Minecraft username: Willowcat362
2. Age: 18
3. Gender: Male
4. Country: United States
5. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?

I have spent the time to read through the "Tome of Citizenship".
6. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?
I am here specifically FOR this aspect. I have played Dungeons and Dragons as a player and run the game as a dm, for a few years. I've engaged in quite a few varieties of roleplay, in most settings from science fiction to horror, high and low fantasy to historical re-enactment. suffice to say I know how to play a role,"in character".
7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.

Greetings to you who read this post,
My name is Talen Ross. I have been playing minecraft for the better part of 2 years, and have played Roleplaying games since i was about 4. I have a great love of sailing, Card games like Magic, and Table top roleplaying games. I am quite fluent in English, and have a halting proficiency with German. I enjoy writing lore and stories, have been working on a campaign for my D&D group for about 6 months, and Love the Colors green and Grey(or Gray, if you use the American English version).
I have had a dream of building a giant tree in minecraft since I first began playing, but have only ever achieved a modicum of success on my first home server, which has been down for about 6 months. I am graduating high school in 4 months, and so do not have nearly as much time to play games as I used to. It is my sincere wish to add only positive experiences to the players of the server, and have good times with good friends.
8. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
My previous work? Well, I have the lore I authored as the head priest of a religion based around one of the server admins of my old server. I'll post that if you wish. It is quite lengthy, however. I do not want to crowd up the application,so I will post it below the rest of the application.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?

I have read through the plans for the server and want to help make them a reality. I will abide any rules placed upon me by the admins and moderators. I have not played on a real RP server in a while, and miss it. this will be the first time I have played on a serious RP survival server in 3 months, since my previous home server lost its hosting service and had to look elsewhere for affordable hosting.
I enjoy playing a druid-like character that deals with magic, nature, alchemy, and forests. the setting is High Fantasy, so there should be plenty of room for that here.
10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?

I am aware, through the tome, that the use of said godmoding devices are ban-able offenses and vow not to use such uncouth devices. I will say that I do use zan's mini-maps, and have been since 1.4. knowing which way is north, and being able to make way-points, has been long overdue for vanilla, and i hate getting lost *_* I'd rather find my way back than use a port if i cant find my home.
11. How did you find out about our server?
I found your server on the google rp survival server search.
12. Have you voted for us?
Yup ^_^
Revesis
By Talen Ross​
In the beginning, there was naught in the world. The entirety of the Craftiverse was empty void. Time and space were meaningless, and nothingness reigned. Then, a great power erupted from this nothingness, and this event left a notch in the center of existence. This power created Chaos and Order, Light and Dark, and all of the elements and energies that hold them thus. In this contrast, the mixture of energies grew and expanded, moving ever outward. The ever increasing pressure upon the center of the Craftiverse proved so great, that the notch left behind by the great energy filled perfectly with all of the elements, a figure shaped from purest Adminium. This figure stepped out of the notch, and decided to test his new-found existence and power on the coalescing Craftiverse. To better shape the world, He took order and chaos and all of the elements and smote them together with a great force. They came together, and out of the energy, The Great Pickaxe came to be.​
With this tool in hand, He began to mine the Craftiverse, making The Nether Forge and an End Table to craft with, and lo was Mundus formed. Deciding his creation was finally complete, He rested for a time. During his absence, though, the elements touched by Him grew conscious, and rushed to the notch in which he was created. They did not have his great power however, and so they were imperfect in form and function.​
One was too unstable and was quick to anger. It tried once to mold itself to His image and failed. In shame, It hid in the darkest areas, and allowed its rage at itself and the world to overtake it. Another tried to mold itself many times, ever being persistent and nimble, rushing to mold itself. It too failed, and glared at any who were more perfect in form. Yet another tried, and came ever so close to a balance. This one was slow, and took its time in molding itself to what it knew to be the perfect form of Him. Too much Darkness and Chaos insinuated itself into it’s mold, though, and so it was marred and shambled away shamefully, fearing the light. One tried to copy the slow one’s attempt. This one was quick witted, and decided to make itself smaller than Him in order to match body with wit. It failed in its form, but retained its speed and learned to use a weapon. It slid into the darkness, resolved in hunting those that walk in the light it fears. The final made no attempt to model itself after Him, but instead molded itself to the shape of the foundation of the world, and so found solace there in its multitudes.​
When He woke up, He found these strange creatures looking upon him enviously. They asked him to mold them in his image, that they would be as perfect as He. He refused them, for to un-form the elements would be to destroy them. The misshapen beings mistook His message to them, though, and tried to destroy Him. Their attack was futile, though, and He dashed them far into the corners of his world, in the hopes that they might lose their anger. The creatures would not give up their hatred and envy, though, and vowed to destroy Him and all of his creations. They found their way into the void through cracks in the Darkness made by Chaos, empathetic to their cause. They brought the secret to their own creation into the world, and made more of themselves to spite Him.​
The creatures had intrigued Him though, and their creation was a mystery as He had not seen them make themselves. He made His first creation with dust of the End Table, tempered in the Nether Forge to be resilient and quick. He taught them the secrets of molding the world, and gave them immense strength to protect them from the other creatures, lest they attempt to destroy His First. He modeled them after the greatest aspects of each of the creatures. These End beings sought meaning for their existence, but none could be found with His answers. Nothing challenged these beings, so great was their strength and speed.​
Their ability to create was limited to what He had made, and their essence called out to the The End, the place from which they came. Secretly, they stole away to the imperfect creatures and learned the secret to creating more of themselves and traveling through darkness. The Endermen, as they began to call themselves, named all of the other creatures and subjugated them, using The End and the secrets taught by Him to create amazingly powerful and unnamed beasts, and prepared to wage a war against Him. By this time He had acknowledged that the Endermen were imperfect, made from an impure substance and given too much.​
He decided to create once again, taking the purest of all elements, evenly, and casting them into the place in which he sprang from. He made them in the shape of himself, and gave them all a small portion of himself, to remind them of his guidance. He gave them the gift of inspiration, and the ability manipulate the natural world around them. He gave them all of the gifts of the other creatures, but did not perfect them, deciding to allow them to hone themselves, should they eventually learn to. He gave them the knowledge of the makings of the world, and finally He gave them the secret of altering the world’s properties.​
He then withdrew from the world for a long time, and His second children, who began to call themselves Humans, built great societies and centers of learning. They had a great love of creation, of learning, and of making themselves better. They delved deep into the world He had made, and eventually, they encountered the Endermen and their servants. The Humans admired The Endermen’s abilities, who so freely used their power to make their own lives better. The Endermen, however, saw the shards of Him inside the humans, and decided to eradicate The Humans. Their rage was great, and they brought low the great human civilizations, killing indiscriminately with the world itself, and with their servants. The Humans had nearly given up on Yeti, as they had begun to call him. At their darkest hour, on the brink of extinction, The Yeti returned, bringing with him The Umbral and Astral Lords. Yeti commanded them to defend Humanity, and they beat back the tides of Endermen. They took the strength from the endermen, and made harmless all but the greatest of the beasts made by the Endermen. They finally blinded the Endermen to the humans, unless a human looks directly at them. Yeti took pity on them, and left them to their home in The End. Yeti left the world to his creations, and began his next great work.​
Fin​

Sodium

The Lunarch
It's so nice to see strong applications like this, it is clearly evident that you are enthusiastic and willing to participate in server activities. I'll gladly accept you, don't let me down. ;)
When you log in, you will spawn in Brustenburg - the starting town. A guide on what to do next can be found here You go back there at any time by typing /spawn. However, do not abuse that privilege (i.e /spawning out of pvp). There are a number of vibrant towns on the server, and you must be part of one before you can build - you can become a resident of a town by applying to the town of your choice here, on the forums. You can view all towns on the census here. If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to seek help either here on in game in the /ch ooc channel
Welcome to Altera!