Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming Winter Bonfire Night

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
(Totes competing for warp point and planning ahead while I'm away. Response may be infrequent. And I'm still 3 weeks away. +-+)

They say the Moors gather some times to burn the corpses of those fallen.
Or they burn creatures still alive, their screams howling in the night over the flames.
Doors and windows are shut tightly.
Barred and Locked several times over.
And they stand still, in quiet horror, as the grey skins gather in the streets.
The flames of a large bonfire is said to be burned.
But of what- No one knows.
..or was willing to tell.

Come find out.

------

The night is cold,
The wind freezing.
The waves are chilly,
The fog is spreading.

In times of winter,
A fire is needed.
One tall, one large,
One filled with wood and heated.

Where: The Grey Isle
When:
Postponed
What: Bonfire Night - A get together of sorts
Edit: A gathering for Grafjell Dwellers and Moors.

( @Estes241 because Isle. @People of Grafjell because Grafjell happenings)

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
(Totes competing for warp point and planning ahead while I'm away. Response may be infrequent. And I'm still 3 weeks away. +-+)

This event looks really cool. Don't think my Moor will be old enough to go to Grajfell for it, but still. Very awesome. Though, that bit about competing for the warp point- Sounds like we've got some competition brewing!

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Can't wait but I believe The Wolfstadt Festival is also scheduled for this Saturday-

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Mm. Yea- I noticed. Seeing as they seem to have a few people applying for the event, I suppose people can choose where they want to go.
I've had past events where other events occurred at the same time as well. Wish people looked through the event times- but hm.

- It's on the same hour, too..

Edit: Enjoy either event, then!

Last edited:

Spark

Broken
Wish people looked through the event times- but hm.
The thread was inactive for almost a month. Having the prefix of "upcoming" in the event title is helpful to people having to look for the times of other events, so we know it's status. I'd also kindly suggest bumping your thread at least once a week to ensure it doesn't get put on the bottom of the list.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
- It's on the same hour, too..

Edit: Enjoy either event, then!
No need to be so gloomy! We intend the festival to last into the late hours of the evening as myself, Patriot and the other leaders of Wolfstadt have many a plot and event to occur during the event, so fret not about the timings, as the tournaments will not begin straight away, so you will hopefully have time!

I do apologise for the unfortunate mistiming of our own event, however we've too been planning it since practically the birth of Wolfstadt - and it is rather difficult to keep track of every event if particularly they aren't bumped!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I don't plan my own event to last long- and I assumed the other would be the opposite. Was debating on making it earlier- but since it was a simple event, I didn't mind having two events running along side. Unfortunately could not bump frequently as I would have liked- or at all. Nothing I could do about that.

As I said- Enjoy the two events!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Eta: 9 is hours.

*Does things last minute* It's a hobby of mine.

I totally forgot how to put the grey 'upcoming' on threads. Mhm- go me.
Also- there's a post on the Grafjell notice board as well as the Crossroads explaining the location shall be at the docks. A large bonfire is ready to be lit.

"A gathering of the majority of the Isle's citizens and those curious of it- in order to create links, familiarity.. and explain the reasoning behind Bonfires created during the Winter. Golden Rum shall be served." (Thanks @Ced ! That stuff is stronk)

Edit: Probably a very bad idea to serve drinks at a bonfire.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Eta: 9 is hours.

*Does things last minute* It's a hobby of mine.

I totally forgot how to put the grey 'upcoming' on threads. Mhm- go me.
Also- there's a post on the Grafjell notice board as well as the Crossroads explaining the location shall be at the docks. A large bonfire is ready to be lit.

"A gathering of the majority of the Isle's citizens and those curious of it- in order to create links, familiarity.. and explain the reasoning behind Bonfires created during the Winter. Golden Rum shall be served." (Thanks @Ced ! That stuff is stronk)

Edit: Probably a very bad idea to serve drinks at a bonfire.
:3 it is a very very good idea to serve drinks at a bonfire
It keeps the redneck population in order

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I uh- killed it. *sinks away apologetically*

I blame my tablet. Jshcndj

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Delayed: 2 hours.

If I'm still home in like - two hours. I'll still host the event. I was debating delaying it- apologies for last minute-ness.

Now go watch that tourney and listen to the podcast.

Edit: Also- it's not specific to grafjell or Moors~! Crossroads has a note welcoming anyone interested.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Yep- didn't last long. I won't be able to host this today or tomorrow.
Life is strange like that.

Postponed until further notice.