Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

World of Tanks

matyio

The original mute
Polo I was looking at the whole game, don't tell me I'm wrong when I've read everything about every tank. The Russians have overal as a faction, the fastest tanks and largest guns, whereas the germans overall (and this was something I couldn't say clearly ealier) take longer to take down. The French, as I have experienced also, have very tough armour, one guy got 11 shots that hit deflected. As I said I don't know their other advantage cause I don't play em often enough. The americans, as you yourself pointed out in more words are the most balanced.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
You guys should play Silent Hunter 5. Submarines a way more sneaky than tanks :-p

matyio

The original mute
You guys should play Silent Hunter 5. Submarines a way more sneaky than tanks :-p
Is it an mmo and free? If the answer to either of those is no, then I think you're at a loss, though there is a world of battleships planned so maybe subs will be in that.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Is it an mmo and free? If the answer to either of those is no, then I think you're at a loss, though there is a world of battleships planned so maybe subs will be in that.
Silent Hunter Online is coming soon. Its completely web based and players can form German Wolf Packs against the British convoys in the Atlantic during World War II.

http://silenthunteronline.com

matyio

The original mute
Silent Hunter Online is coming soon. Its completely web based and players can form German Wolf Packs against the British convoys in the Atlantic during World War II.

http://silenthunteronline.com
I'll have to watch out for that, though the lack of being shot back at or shot from where you can't see will mean many people don't like it, it's also a bit of a niche genre as is wot. I take it you might be playing that?

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I'll have to watch out for that, though the lack of being shot back at or shot from where you can't see will mean many people don't like it, it's also a bit of a niche genre as is wot. I take it you might be playing that?
Ever heard of a periscope? Ever heard of a sonar station? Ever heard of deck guns?

lol.... Your perception of submarine warfare needs sorting out!!

Submarine simulations offer the most fun you can possibly have with a game against other players and AI. The sheer thrill of the cat and mouse chase is an experience to be had.

Yes I am looking forward to it. I have been playing Silent Hunter games since Silent Hunter 2 came out many years ago.

But I won't go on about it and de-rail your thread.

matyio

The original mute
Ever heard of a periscope? Ever heard of a sonar station? Ever heard of deck guns?

lol.... Your perception of submarine warfare needs sorting out!!

Submarine simulations offer the most fun you can possibly have with a game against other players and AI. The sheer thrill of the cat and mouse chase is an experience to be had.

Yes I am looking forward to it. I have been playing Silent Hunter games since Silent Hunter 2 came out many years ago.
Hey, I was merely pointing out the fact that submarine warfare is naval stealth warfare. You aren't meant to get sunk, but do the sinking. And as I said, I'll have to try it out, especially with a veteran to play with eventually... If you wouldn't minted me that is. Anyway, perhaps we should let this lovely little thread get some semblance of topic back? Or should we let another do that?

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Hey, I was merely pointing out the fact that submarine warfare is naval stealth warfare. You aren't meant to get sunk, but do the sinking. And as I said, I'll have to try it out, especially with a veteran to play with eventually... If you wouldn't minted me that is. Anyway, perhaps we should let this lovely little thread get some semblance of topic back? Or should we let another do that?
My post was tongue in cheek. No need to get all fricking grumpy about it.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Ahh! Silent Hunter! I have Silent Hunter 2, 3 and 5, though I need to install my 5. However, on the 3rd one, the feeling of travelling through the Atlantic, and the thought of finding a convoy after spending hours in front of maps was just amazing.
As for submarine warfare, I got thrilled quite a lot when the convoys noticed the little periscope and destroyers came towards me. Be it the use of torpedoes or spamming with Deck Gun, or even shooting down enemy planes with AA guns, I always found Silent Hunter very fun. Even waiting to arrive at your destination was great fun, because you never know what you may find. There are even fishing boats out there :D
Cherbert, you just made me want to install Silent Hunter again :D

On a side note: I never have and never will play the 4th one because a game based around subs cannot be based around US rustbuckets from the war in the Pacific, but proper German U-boats :/

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Ahh! Silent Hunter! I have Silent Hunter 2, 3 and 5, though I need to install my 5. However, on the 3rd one, the feeling of travelling through the Atlantic, and the thought of finding a convoy after spending hours in front of maps was just amazing.
As for submarine warfare, I got thrilled quite a lot when the convoys noticed the little periscope and destroyers came towards me. Be it the use of torpedoes or spamming with Deck Gun, or even shooting down enemy planes with AA guns, I always found Silent Hunter very fun. Even waiting to arrive at your destination was great fun, because you never know what you may find. There are even fishing boats out there :D
Cherbert, you just made me want to install Silent Hunter again :D

On a side note: I never have and never will play the 4th one because a game based around subs cannot be based around US rustbuckets from the war in the Pacific, but proper German U-boats :/
I agree. A sub sim without Germany U-Boats isn't a sub sim IMHO.

Silent Hunter 5 really needs Mods to be any good though. Visually its a treat but without Mods to fix things its a very buggy and not complete compared to III which some still consider the best. But 5 with Mods is close to the best now.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I agree. A sub sim without Germany U-Boats isn't a sub sim IMHO.

Silent Hunter 5 really needs Mods to be any good though. Visually its a treat but without Mods to fix things its a very buggy and not complete compared to III which some still consider the best. But 5 with Mods is close to the best now.
Can't really comment on that because I only just installed Silent Hunter 5 :p
I never needed any mods for previous titles but I know that moderner games seem to have bigger problem with bugs.