Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Now [Wouldn't you guess it it's really violent] [Public] The Fuvur-Sangrian War

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff

“It is the responsibility of empire, that for its sake, even our moral compunctions must be ignored to preserve it and the prosperity of its peoples.”
“Th' lives of our kin sit threatened by th' southern snakes, a threat is met wit' no more a fittin' response but war. To arms, me littl' cherubs.”

Though there is no formal declaration, anyone would be able to surmise the state of things between the peoples of Sangria and Fuvur. With the claimed attempted assassination of Nwalme Fuvur on the part of the Fuvurian Empire, and with Sangria espousing their grievances for their supposed protest being met with violence against their king, the two states have gone to war whether it be declared formally or not. In lieu of this, members of the faction are invited to attempt the capture of one another, and to exercise caution when outside of their own sovereign territory, because by mere involvement with either faction you put yourself at risk of the other’s ire.

The two DMs that are going to be overseeing the conflict are going to be me (hello) and Cymic. We’re not going to be involving our mains much outside of the really big battles that will be led up to by a bunch of smaller skirmishes between a small number of mains and a handful of temps played by faction members that wouldn’t reasonably be there. Alongside, if any third parties are interested, volunteers and mercenaries from other factions.

There are some rules, guided by the honor of the characters involved and an informal agreement on the part of the two factions. These are in character rules, and meant to be guidelines. If everyone involved is alright with it out of character, then they don’t necessasrily need to be followed to the letter.

1. Capture people who surrender. Neither side is out to genocide the other, and if the intention of an event is wanton slaughter, it will be explicitly stated.
  2. The idea of capturing a settlement is that you don’t take it, burn it down, or depose their local ruler to make it your own thing. If a local ruler of an occupied settlement is uncooperative, you capture them, but you don’t take the territory and make it yours. If worst come to worst hold them hostage with potential ransom, but it’s generally much more profitable and sensical to capture a local nobleman and use them as leverage than to kill them and try to impose your rule over an unwilling populace - it’s ahistorical.
  3. Try not to randomly show up as gank squads somewhere. If it turns out that a lot of both sides of a faction are going to be in some neutral territory at once, then we can try to be there to moderate the ensuing fight. But if at all possible, arrange the violence beforehand. Cymic and I can only guess how many of our people are going to be at spawn at any given time.
There are some some rules that are explicitly out of character, to make it easier to organize things between me and Cymic.
  1. Use a DM of some kind if you’re going to be fighting. When possible, I want there to be two DMs at any given event where the two sides are skirmishing or otherwise fighting. Third party DMs are hard to come by. But sometimes, only one member of a faction’s DMs are online, when there stillneeds to be conflict resolution anyway.
  2. Both sides have one or more auxilliary leaders, in the event that something absolutely has to be done when one side’s leader can’t make it. Cymic has a job, I have college, but we don’t want things to be like the Queensport-Southern Alliance War where one side lost because the other side had their leaders go afk for over two months. These leaders can’t do things like decide the ultimate victor, and if it’s a major event, then they need to abide by the guidelines given to them by the main leader. Mostly they just act as stand-ins - like if an army needed an IC, main character, general then they stand in for the absentee OOC leader. Or if there’s a siege that needs a DM from both sides to be fair, they can act as the DM for the absentee leader and ultimately decide the fate of just that event.
  3. The ultimate outcome of the war isn’t going to be the utter annihilation of either faction. Like the ideal of the “gentlemanly wars” that were idealized before the first world war, neither faction is going to be completely wiped from the server forever as a potential outcome. This is going to be over minor territorial gains (for example, Fuvur’s vassals on the southern coast), embarassing the other faction (something that would humiliate the leader of one side), imposing unfavorable treaties (“give us IC tribute but be otherwise nominally independant), or at absolute most, the absorption of one faction into the other without actually changing the ownership of the regions of the people involved. I.E., becoming the vassal or “forced ally” of the winning faction.
  4. Cymic and I are going to be posting recruitment threads shortly after this event. If you want to formally join one side as a permanent fixture as an alt, post on it. If you have a main character in the faction, post on it. If you want to be actively involved as a player but don’t have one involved, make an alt or a tempt and post which side you want to be considered as a member of. People who don’t post on here can participate, but won’t enjoy the same protections as this agreement, and will be treated as expendable and third party/temporary participants regardless of their character’s status as a main, alt, or temp.
One big rule.
Let’s just keep this to the two major factions for the moment. Hawklight is on the other side of the world, and while Fuvur has taken issue with them, they don’t fall under the same rules as this arrangement and neither side are going to be fighting eachother directly outside of perhaps a handful of Hawklight recruits fighting in the skirmishes on Sangria’s side. This is for the practical reason of, for one, Hawklight is so far away from the capitals of the other two nations they would not be able to support a massive incursion, and because they wouldn’t be able to do that as well as stay at home to defend themselves from things like the budding Anhald tensions. It also means that instead of three or four people involved in the orchestrating of this whole thing, it’s only me and Cymic. It makes arranging events a million times easier. Members of third party factions can join, but they would be joining not representative of their faction as a whole. Dwarven mercenaries, Kanite volunteers, Linlean opportunists, and so on - not an entire third faction throwing their whole weight behind the war.

The DMs for both sides are as follows:
Me. (Fuvur)
Mitch. (Fuvur)
Elz. (Fuvur/Staff)
---
Cymic. (Sangria)
Kam. (Sangria/Staff)
---
Lannis. (Uninvolved/Staff)
Solus (Uninvolved/Staff)

Last edited:

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
how about instead of continuing to escalate things by taking jabs at each other we all calm our collective shits and keep the thread civil?

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Mfw you use “Kanite” but not my awesome term that I coined, you know, “Kanish”.

I am personally slighted, Blargy!

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Instead of going immediately to bear for another person, people should actually read the post and then proceed to reply with a concise reply.

MrMine

Lord of Altera
(Back onto the point of this thread)
Considering how House Fuvur and Sangria have the largest and wide-ranging nations (if I do believe), I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out!
Possibly going to be trying out a concept character I've been thinking about more and more interesting. Only time will tell.
Until then, wish you guys (the DMs) luck in organising/structuring the war! Should be there! ^.^

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
A few days ago, Lana wanted to wait until Balatro's judgement in order to make a chronicle based on the Rebellion of Rogues Hearth.

Now I'm just sat here thinking it would be Hell to write an IC Chronicle of everything that has transpired O_O
It's so complex! I love it! I absolutely adore this conflict! :eek:

Though, ah... I'll try and keep far away from it as possible :heart: watch it from a safe distance... right here, ja?

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
If it is myself and JoeJoe you're talking about logging on mid-fight, I can explain that I had been "hanging out" with my father. We were having a rather personal moment together, but I still wanted to attend the event. I will admit I was aware of a fight going on, but Joe and I had no intention of involving ourselves, and didn't at that. We were attacked as our two characters were perched on the walls, but no retaliation was made - even with both of them having armed crossbows. Beyond that, I have no recollection of other people joining in on the fight.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
If Halbed is attacked, I think it's safe to say it would make sense for their immediate neighbors a.k.a. the Dwarves of Kharuz-Korum to come to their aid as soon as possible, since it's about a day's walk or less away? Not that it comes to Halbed being attacked soon, but in RP this would be what Kublai agreed upon with king Cymic I believe.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
If Halbed is attacked, I think it's safe to say it would make sense for their immediate neighbors a.k.a. the Dwarves of Kharuz-Korum to come to their aid as soon as possible, since it's about a day's walk or less away? Not that it comes to Halbed being attacked soon, but in RP this would be what Kublai agreed upon with king Cymic I believe.
that's fair, if ever it comes to a siege of halbed or the ilk this is an interesting option