Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wutgeist

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1632611037385.png
[ ART CREDIT ]
1603294233713.png

- WUTGEIST -

"[vʊt ʤiːɪst / voot-geist] literal translation from Reve - Fury ghost aka -- Hound of Theodra "
-=[]=-
[ Limited to Event Staff ]

H A B I T A T
Primarily found in the North West of the Eastern Continent, North of the Deserts and South of the Tundra, the Wutgeist reside in temperate to cold woodlands. Notably a Wutgeist pack may transition ranges in either the pursuit of more preferable prey or more favorable climate, the Wutgeist will travel North in the Summer and South in the Winter, to maintain a comfortable temperature. Some individuals have been noted to travel More than 500 miles during this range transition, reaching as far South as Eldpoint.​

P H Y S I O L O G Y
Often mistaken for large wolves, not at all related to the canine family, though related to ursine. Notable for their short snouts and a sharp set of 84 black needle like teeth. Averaging 150 lbs [68 kg] their weight is not too noticeable difference between the sexes, though females tend to have a slightly bulkier build, carrying a larger fatty deposit along their shoulder blades. The pelt of the Wutgeist varies along the grey spectrum of black to off white, including some dark browns. Spotting of dark pigments are shown throughout, in larger concentration around their shoulder. This feature is less noticeable as their base fur tone grows darker in pigment. The pelt of individuals will often match their surrounding woodland range. The eyes of the Wutgeist vary from yellow to orange baring elliptically-shaped black pupils and black sclera. Aiding in night-vision, akin to the sight of a feline. The most noticeable difference between Wutgeist and the common wolf, besides their monstrous size is an unusual darkened bone like protrusion coming from their elbows and extending parallel to their forelimbs. This feature occurs only on the front limbs, ranging from roughly 12 inches [.3m] for females and 6 inches [.15 m] for males. The protrusions indicate that the entire skeleton of the Wutgeist is of a dark brown or black color.​
Diet: The Wutgeist is exclusively carnivorous excelling in both ambush and pursuit predation, in addition they are primarily pack hunters, reaching speeds of 30 mph [48 kph]. This being the case they most commonly will target herbivorous mammals, specifically wild ungulates. Focusing on large yields such as deer, elk, and moose. Though lack of prey has lead individuals or groups to encroach on small hamlets or villages, leading to the Wutgeist becoming a primary antagonist in many bedtime stories.​
Lifespan: The average Wutgeist will live 8-12 years, reaching sexual maturity in their 3-4 year. Wutgeist will gestate for roughly 60-70 days before delivering a litter of 3-5 offspring. The litter will then be primarily cared for by the male, who will begin lactation shortly before the delivery of the pups while the female will support the nursing father through hunt. Wutgeist reach relative independence from their parents after approximately one year and reach full independence at three years.​

B E H A V I O U R
Wutgeist is a social animal. Their populations varying from the from lone individuals to group of up to seven. The pack of a Wutgeist most often consists of a mated pair and their adult offspring. The Wutgeist will remain with their pack until finding their prospective mate, at which point they will split off from their birth pack and venture into a new range with their newfound mate. They will remain with their mate until their death if able, hopefully rearing a few litters of pups in the process. Wutgeist are highly territorial and generally establish large home ranges identified by scent markings, this though is dependent on the prey dispersal and age of the pack’s pups. The strange bone protrusions of the Wutgeist are almost exclusively used for mating displays (Showing the relative health of an individual} or inter/intra group conflict allowing the Wutgeist to stab at an assailant if they are attacked from behind or pinned at specific angles.​

A B I L I T I E S
[Bite]​
[Claw Slash]​

W E A K N E S S E S
-​

Y I E L D S
[Wutgeist Pelt] A warm and often unique pelt​
[Teeth] Maximum of 84 needle-like black teeth​
[Claws] Maximum of 28 black claws [seven per paw]​
[Bone] Maximum of Two Bone Spikes -- Female 12 inches, Male 6 inches​
[Black Bones] holding the relative same anatomy as the common wolf​

Original Writeup: Tideborne