Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

xVigil's Application [Approved - IceandFire]

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
xSneekz's Whitelist App:

Minecraft Username: xSneekz

Country & Timezone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming - Utilizing knowledge within roleplay that your character has not actually learned IRP (often to create an unfair advantage). Metagaming is a harmful practice because it A. creates an unbalanced RP environment for other participants, and B. delegitimizes an RP scenario because the knowledge it is based on was falsely acquired.
===
Powergaming - Very annoying. Powergaming is the (often constant) act of emoting actions that are either more powerful than they should be or are unblockable/unavoidable. Often times 'would' is used to help prevent powergaming by turning an emote into a possible action, rather than a definitive one. Powergaming is harmful to roleplay because it generates a toxic roleplay environment for those who are playing fairly. Powergamers generally exude narcissistic emotes that focus on making themselves better & more powerful than those they are against. Not only is it unfair, but it's also toxic in general.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: I have a long history of roleplay server involvement, so I'm pretty excited to join this community. I haven't participated in a fantasy setting for over a year but I have recently become interested in the genre once again, along with several friends. I enjoy comedy but I equally respect reverence toward the RP theme & the story that I'm participating in, so I do my best to balance them. While I am joining the community with several friends, I am always open to meeting new ones & I am looking forward to my time here. I'm a fan of superheroes, and I make all types of skins too.

Referral: Arget Istalri

{Character Section}
Character Name: Laicelem

Race: Forest Elf

Appearance: Laicelem's physical composure is normal for his kind. Standing at 6'3 he maintains a slim but toned build; a testament to his lifestyle. Laicelem has developed a somewhat tan complexion through his time spent in the sun, and it pairs nicely with his bright, green eyes. Due to the nature of his interests, Laicelem commonly wears a set of lightweight leather padding over cloth garbs.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words): Drip.
The sun seemed dimmer than usual today. What day was it anyway? As a Forest Elf Laicelem was poor at keeping track of time, but his mind seemed 'fuzzy' when trying to conjure up specific details.
Drip.
The wind, where was it? He thought he remembered feeling it recently, though now he couldn't feel its gentle touch. Feeling... What could he feel? This was another 'fuzzy' area in his mind.
Drip.
What was that? Nothing, surely. He was on his way to... to something important⁠—no time for distractions. What was it though? Where was he going?⁠—Drip.
There it was again, it was clearer this time. It sounded like water. It must be water⁠—right? But where? If only he could recall what he came here to do. He tried his best to push his mind through whatever block was making his thoughts so fuzzy.
Drip.
He felt a new sensation now. Each time he pushed his mind he could feel something getting stronger. It felt cold, slick even. Suddenly the sun he'd imagined was gone, everything was dark. Laicelem gasped, causing him to slightly inhale some of the mud he was laying in.
Mud? Where had that come from? He did his best to sit up, but he only managed to roll onto his back. Suddenly everything was back. The sun and the wind were tangible once more, and Laicelem could feel the cool mud beneath him. A jolting irritation emerged in his chest—water ejected itself from his lungs. Laicelem gripped his ribs as he sputtered and coughed for half a minute. As he recovered, so did his memories. He wasn't sure how long he'd been unconscious on the shore of the cool, blue river, but that was irrelevant to him. Before he retraced his memories Laicelem took a moment to analyze his surroundings. This was not only natural for him—as a Forest Elf nature was sacred—but also a habitual action developed through years of practice.
Drip.
A nearby trail of water had eroded a new branch from the main stream. An occasional droplet of water slowly grew and fell a short distance, abruptly ending its lifecycle. That was the source of the noise he'd been hearing. Laicelem took a deep breath, it was time to remember. Slowly but surely the memory crept back into his mind.
He was running—that was normal, Laicelem enjoyed running—through the thick forest. It wasn't an easy task, but for a Forest Elf, it was possible. He'd spent plenty of years in this forest, slowly studying and learning its features, after all.
Running; then what? The tree! He climbed a tall one, hoping to take in the view of the area. Laicelem remembered finding a suitable branch to perch on, one that reached high above the river below. That's when things went wrong. As he neared the end of the branch it snapped with a sudden and violent crack. Laicelem plunged into the cold river below, but as he landed his head hit a rock. That is where his memory ended, he must've floated off onto the bank—that's where he woke up.
Now that he thought about it, he could feel an aching pain at the back of his head. "I'll need to be more careful next time, although the view was certainly worth it." He said to himself with a smile. Laicelem closed his eyes and clasped his hands behind his head, careful to avoid the tender spot. The cool mud felt good on his back. He took another deep breath and decided he'd stay like this for another hour or so.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Good
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.