Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Youngone2002's app [Approved - Somnastra]

About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

youngone2002

2) How old are you?

I am 22

3) Where are you?

Australia

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yes I have

> For guidance on what races the server has available for new places consult the Core Races Synopsis.

5) Introduce yourself!

I started primary school in a small school just up the road from me, there was about 30-40 children so i knew everybody, I moved to another small school with about 100 kids. When I was in the secound school my Dad got a job in Papua New Guinea so I had the fantastic option of learning about another culture. I went to Glenunga International High school and learnt more about other cultures. I have worked on our families farm and in nearby shops/cafes. I enjoy playing Minecraft and games like Robocraft and Rust.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

I had a small look around but only quickly.

----

About your character
Name
:

Barric Smith

Between 20-30

Race:

Human

Appearance:

Barric is dressed in a dirty grayish shirt which is close to rags with a simple black belt. He has short black hair, a mustache and a beard. He also has two simple black bracelets making him look somewhat like an escaped slave.

---

The test

Finally the time had come... The time in which he could prove his farming skills to all his friends. Barric had worked year after year for the last decade trying to cook a basic meal.

Barric had grown up a slave... Born into a poor family he was sold at the age of 4 to the local land lord. Working every day of his life until he was 19. The time in which he escaped.

It was 10 years since Barric had escaped, barely scratching a living on a small farming property in the outskirts of a dry, arid town.

It was the end of the harvest season and Barric decided to have a simple harvest festival. He invited all his friends and used some of the year’s crop on soups and roasts. It was around midnight when Barric was completely drunk from drink ale all night. He wandered off along a dirt track that he thought led to his home… But did it?

He woke up with a jamming headache in a shallow ditch on the side of a forest. “How had he got here?” He asked himself. Barric looked around deciding whether to go left or right. He must have walked for hours as the desert town was not in sight. Not even its fearsome watch towers that towered over the town, protecting it from an attack from the plentiful raiders that the land was known for.

Barric decided that he would head through the forest as he thought the town must be hidden on the other side, blocked from view by the tall pines. AS he ventured through he stumbled across a murder of crows pecking at a decaying body of some misshapen humanoid-like thing. His heart skipped a beat. “Was this the correct way?” He said, not noticing that he said it out loud. The crows flew in horror as they saw Barric standing in the middle of the path with a small dinner knife held out in front of his tremoring body.

Barric ran without taking notice of the hours ticking by, Sprinting into the forest trying to get out as fast as he could until he stumbled on the root of the biggest tree in the forest. Dominating the landscape was a tree with a trunk 10 metres in diameter and stretching up into the skies. Barric stumbled around the tree until he came across a strange shape. With a startle he realised it was a door cut into the tree. He heaved on the door, pulling it right off its hinges and stepped inside… But what was inside? Will we ever know?

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Hey there! So your test isn't long enough, although the rest looks like it's in order. We ask for at least 400 words to get an idea of how well you've read the lore, what sort of RP you'll bring to the server, etc. Lemme know when you've bumped it up, and I'll take another look!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Am traveling for the holidays, will have to take a look at this when I am settled.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I am conferring with my colleagues.

Hey there! So your test isn't long enough, although the rest looks like it's in order. We ask for at least 400 words to get an idea of how well you've read the lore, what sort of RP you'll bring to the server, etc. Lemme know when you've bumped it up, and I'll take another look!
erm i just realised that you dont need to do all the quests to get the wool needed on the first quest line- I will explain if needed

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So, here's the thing - I know that we don't have a whole lot for you to go on for a Dwarven backstory, but this one is... well, it's basically Tolkien lore verbatim. While our Dwarves are a salty lot, they've not been in a war with the humans for 200 years, and "Thorin"? We generally ask that people change such distinctive names, although there is sometimes a bit of wiggle room. In this case, however, particularly with the temporal proximity of the release of the final installment of the Hobbit trilogy, "Thorin" isn't gonna cut it.

I apologize that it took a while to get back to you; I was conferring with my staff members on what we should do. I need to ask you to rewrite your test, please.

So, here's the thing - I know that we don't have a whole lot for you to go on for a Dwarven backstory, but this one is... well, it's basically Tolkien lore verbatim. While our Dwarves are a salty lot, they've not been in a war with the humans for 200 years, and "Thorin"? We generally ask that people change such distinctive names, although there is sometimes a bit of wiggle room. In this case, however, particularly with the temporal proximity of the release of the final installment of the Hobbit trilogy, "Thorin" isn't gonna cut it.

I apologize that it took a while to get back to you; I was conferring with my staff members on what we should do. I need to ask you to rewrite your test, please.
Sure, I was planning on re-writing my whole character profile... You just made it easier for me. Thanks

Is this better than the old 1?

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I'm going to presume the tree is entirely mundane. Otherwise, it becomes a problem.