Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

✿ A Guide To Use Of Magic In RP ✿

Hello all. Yes we are working on MAGIC as we speak. Although it may not seem like it, (because I am always doing tricks and things.) I really believe the magic should be more about talking and gathering knowledge then spell hurling and fighting.

With all of these Lore changes we are working on making something that is cohesive and fun for the player base.

Thank you for stepping up Qri.
Your Welcome, Bellon

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Yes, this is a big problem, I for one, find myself doing this occasionally. The human brain has a natural inferiority complex of power...if thats the right way to word it. If one is deemed to strong the other will try and overthrow that person and in sense causes this *strikes [enternamehere] and kills him immediatly*. The only way we can stop this is by teaching ourselves control and skill proficiency administration. We need to show these people, regarding Zane's comment on apprentices, that we are "in terms" better then they are. If everyone was a prodigy then what would a school be? Nothing but a waste of space.

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
I remember in 1.7/1.8/(1.9?) there was a /roll thing we had on HW, and it rolled a number between 1 and 100 or something, if we had that back, we could use it. Not too sure what happened to it.

Hilter

Legend of Altera
I don't like the idea of dice rolls because then you have to worry about skill modifiers and circumstance bonuses, and its too complicated. I like the system we have now where one person says their attack and the other one says their reaction to it (including if it hit or missed)
If someone is powergaming just point out that they are controlling your character (by saying you got hit) which is not allowed. If they persist then they are a jerk :/

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
Dice can still can open a chance for an archwizard to be killed by someone thats been on for 5 minutes.. Ive always disliked the roll idea, reguardless of how affective it is

Hilter

Legend of Altera
Dice can still can open a chance for an archwizard to be killed by someone thats been on for 5 minutes.. Ive always disliked the roll idea, reguardless of how affective it is
I hope you aren't implying an archwizard should be unkillable. If he gets stabbed in the throat or something he should still die, right?

I think that every person that is new and didn't go to the university for classes, should have two basic spells and nothing more, cast time should be 1-5 seconds or more, casts will miss and can only do around 1-2 hearts of damage and they should only be able to get more spells and damage on them when they go to university, (An idea)

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
And crm is a bit op..
He can take me on when he became a lich just yesterday.. I killed him yesterday, and a killed him again today :p

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
Mate.. We try not to bring up old posts..

Try and check the date of the previous post before performing "necro", as we call it. :)

GrimReaper98

Lord of Altera
Why, This topic is still quite relevant for the moment. As people do see magic as another way to fight, not open up role-play opportunities and ways to experience your character. So selfless bump for sexy magic post

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
I didnt ask for an argument.. Its been dormant for a while, lets keep it that way. There are plenty of posts that are still relevant that I could necro, but dont because i dont enjoy breaking the rules, let alone questioning them. Read all you want, but please dont post.

Dont reply to this either. If youd like to question me about something more, we can take it to pms.