Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1.3 and the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevey

After a bit of turmoil amongst the admin team and some disagreements on how to do things - we are once again moving forward.

Plugins
Our plugin developer Barry has returned a few weeks ago from taking a break to deal with some real life things - this opens a lot of potential for the future in terms of plugin development. His first order of business was to update the Nobility plugin to fix some annoying bugs that were floating around ! We are now working with him to create a profile plugin where players are able to create their character profile in-game, and then also view it on a website. We plan to let this page show all characteristics, artwork and stories. Here is an early alpha picture to gain an impression:

1.3 is closing in and with that we want to take the opportunity to streamline a lot of things on the server. In general things need to be a lot easier to do and require less admin or moderator involvement. We will also be looking to simplify the structure of the kingdoms/wilds/frontier worlds to adress some of the issues that are going on with them. We want to make most unobtainable items like decorative stone bricks available through either quests or shop.

The lore
Part of the disagreement was about the lore. Nothing is going to be thrown away just yet, we are still discussing things but in general it will be less restrictive and allow for more player input.

The Capital
It has been progressing slowly, but it is starting to look really good and it is all legit too !

Transport
The designs are there for a new transport hub so we can all have boats again and not be stuck with the bedrock portals forever.

Game of Crowns
It is coming, guys !

Nicknames
We're looking into it !

Pandas
Still no :(

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
The pandas!!! :'(

but yay everything else

except the lore. i was finally getting used to the lore.

Lemon

Loyal Servant of Altera
Yeah I can't wait for 1.3 because we can see if other people have enchanted things.

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera

We want to make most unobtainable items like decorative stone bricks available through either quests or shop.

[/quote]

idea from a very old thread

well we have the northern kingdoms, the southern wilds, and the eastern frontier. maybe we can introduce the west , and this exotic world be called the western seas or the west swamps or something neat, that way they cover all the diff things(n s e w), the western seas world could be small and constant also, like there is the set world and the set npc towns(no resetting of the map), and those rare items are from chestshops in the towns, and they randomly get run out or restocked, that way theres no need to world reset just have a king make... luxury good shortages or something,

ps can we buy sponge in the western seas pls! :D

i edited it a bit :) to make it relevant to the current worlds

also i dont know if this is possible, just a thought there might be a plugin that will do this since well be getting villagers with trading in 1.3
but is there a way to edit what the villagers trade and for what, then you wouldnt have to use chestshops for my idea

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
also i dont know if this is possible, just a thought there might be a plugin that will do this since well be getting villagers with trading in 1.3
but is there a way to edit what the villagers trade and for what, then you wouldnt have to use chestshops for my idea
Dunno... The Minecraft API isn't in 1.3 so Bukkit needs to be updated first. Then we will see what we can and can't do...

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Yes it is :)

I sense your sarcasm! ;) *Goes in a corner and is shamed about his design skills...*
Hehe ;) .. Nah, it's fine :) Though I don't get the "Logout Fool!" and "Killed: Alive!".
Also, will it have it's own kind of site like the auction house or will there be a "button" on this site which links to it?

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
Hehe ;) .. Nah, it's fine :) Though I don't get the "Logout Fool!" and "Killed: Alive!".
Also, will it have it's own kind of site like the auction house or will there be a "button" on this site which links to it?
It will have it's own site, just like the auction house. But I think a button will appear here too (just like the auction house :))

Also the "logout fool" is just a test message. You need to login to be able to access and edit the profiles. Also the "Killed: Alive!" is already changed :) But if you want to start a new RP profile you have to 'kill' the previous one first.

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera
Dunno... The Minecraft API isn't in 1.3 so Bukkit needs to be updated first. Then we will see what we can and can't do...

i know nothing updated yet but i just wanted that idea in your mind so you can keep an eye out for a plugin to do that if it sounds like a good idea

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
My thread Love! :3

But anyway. I'm very curious on how the RP character web page and plugin will work. When you die in SW or Nether, is that really the end of your RP char? I hope not ._.

Edit: I failed at quoting there... And I didn't read enough >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.