Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1.5 Snapshots, Rumours, Tweets ETC. (KEEP IT ALL IN HERE)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
True dat. Creating textures for rectangles is much easier than for photorealistic characters.

JasonK94

Hylian Thing
It's the simplicity of it that allows for skin creation to be so easy when compared to other games >_>
And, honestly, the easy skin system is a big part of the appeal of minecraft in my opinion. It's kind of like having your own "Hello, my name is____" nametag, but much more personalized :3
All adding joints would do is make animations look better and you're only adding is 64 pixels to color.

JasonK94

Hylian Thing
Yeah out of the 64 you only colour 16.
Actually it would be 4 4x4 parts for the whole thing. The legs and arms are mirrored, so that means you're only doing the top of the elbow, bottom of the elbow, top of the knee, bottom of the knee. In all that's 64. But I digress. lets get back to the actual topic of 1.5 updates :)

JasonK94

Hylian Thing
sky_demon said:
Yes indeed they are, and because of that i dont like this :/ I would love to add something on one arm or leg that wouldnt be on other one.
I heard something about this. They might not be mirrored soon.

sky_demon

Lord of Altera
Poor squids ;_; I saw in upcoming bug fixes that they wont fly anymore... :/ Damn you mojang! Taking awesome moments out of poor squid and our boring days :/

W

wakerman4

1.4 Vanilla server, went into canyon, saw two squids on a waterfall. Pushed one out, it started to hover over stone and hovered into lava ._.

sky_demon

Lord of Altera
I hate this... If it'll be gone than... *insert not nice word* Mojang!
  • BUD designs will be affected, not not fully removed (yet)

C

Cubey

New and improved redstone, minecart, some new block for redstone work and no mob planned for 1.5

That what i watched on panel at the nether

I have proof photos :D