Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1.6 Vanilla Server

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
Actually its self moderated. Cherbert is the only OP. And there isn't any plug-ins that will help find the griefers/ thieves.. By the way cherbert. I got on today and it said the server was outdated. I even put the :25566 at the end.

Taelyn Adelei Saeradan

Lord of Altera
Snapshot 1.6.1 has come out, so you can close and restart your launchers to update! :)
Edit: Yeah, you don't need to downgrade any more but if you ever want to, you can go to the "Profile Editor" tab, click your name, then "Edit Profile" off to the side. From here, you can choose your version. :)

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
Exactly what Sonicar has stated, I can say I was spear heading Party B. What happened was that James_Power and myself had been building, we got really bored and realized this was survival multiplayer. So we decided to make some Gear/potions/food etc for PvP. We did this for almost one hour and decided it was time to go. However, we had some doubts if people would allow us to kill them. We asked, "Everyone, PvP is ok right?". They replied, "No, unless its consented". James and myself where confused, as we thought survival multiplayer was about surviving, this includes PvE and PvP. So we asked why, many things happened, so we clarified that items would not be lost/stolen. Party A did not seem to see that. The argument kept going, until PvP was banned for good, (that was the impression we got). From this, James decided to leave, but I kept going, Confused about why it wasn't allowed. Instead of "we don't want to die and lose our stuff" (which is what I thought would have happened). They stated that it changes the format of the server, But then they want to bring in RP, which obviously changes the format, after a long while, it was decided that majority would rule, in this time, people where annoyed with us and left (which we are very sorry for). But after this kept going, the majority changed (of those who where online). So I clarified again, no items lost, there will be safe places, i.e Southerana and where your building. But it was still disregarded. All in all, it was eventually decided as most people sadly left. Signs where left in southerana, clearly explaining what we had said, as it appears no one heard all items returned, only killed outside of spawn.

This is what Myself and Party B believes. However, since we think they misunderstood what we said. I can agree that there is a very big chance, that we did as well. So I personally think, this whole thing was a big misunderstanding, and hopefully, we can clarify this, and set up rules/boundaries to help both parties.

Spark

Broken
Personally I think that PvP should only happen if someone is griefing or stealing from you. I like the current survival experience the way it is but if PvP is disabled someone could just run into your house and start taking your stuff and you can't do anything.

That being said since it is a survival server I don't think RP should be an aspect of it. The main server is an RP server, that should be enough. Same goes with PvP, there's the Sorrowlands for that.

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
I agree sparky, the pure fact was we where just bored of horses and building, and since its survival multiplayer, asked if anyone wanted to pvp and that it was ok

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Technically it is wat it is, self moderated.

You can do what you like, your actions have no effect on Altera. But do keep in mind everyones feelings about you will follow you back to Altera...