Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_Wasp`s Application [Approved - Snerus]

Wasp

Villager
Hello staff of Hollow World, I would like to apply for your Roleplaying server.

Here are the official questions (with my answers of course):

1. What is your Minecraft username?
_Wasp
2. How old are you?
I am currently 18 years old, and I will be turning 19 in December this year.
3. What country are you from?
I am from the Netherlands and I currently live there. However, I am fluent in English and will only speak English on all official server communications.
4. Have you read the King`s Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have read all mentioned guides.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming would be taking knowledge from outside your character, and finding a way to "accidentaly" learn this knowledge in character. Powergaming would be to take actions for other players by stating their actions in yours. An example would be: "I`m selling this beer to you, which you are going to buy", even though this is of course an exeggerated example. In usual cases this is way more subtle.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, you do not.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tempy_ is one of the current 6 mentors.
8. Tell us about yourself!
I`m currently a student following an IT study. In my spare time I like to play videogames, Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer 40.000. Warhammer is a more recent hobby of mine, but I`m really enjoying making the models for my squads and armies and putting in the time to make an original paintjob. For Dungeons and Dragons I have made a campaign before which, luckily, really enjoyed my players. It was focused on a place called Ravnica, one of many "Planes" from the Magic: the Gathering lore. Magic is still a game I really like to play, even though I am on kind of a hiatus from the game at the moment. I spend a lot of time at my local game store, sometimes with my laptop sometimes without, and I felt that playing on such an immersive roleplay server could really fit my hobbies.
9. --
10. Did anyone refer you?

Yes, someone did. Grapegranate (also his IGN). He has only recently started to play on the server, but hearing about all the established lore and professionality of the server really motivated me to place an application for myself!

About my character!
Character name:
Festus
Character Age: 71
Character Race: Caparii Greathorn
Appearance: Brawny, but with a bit of a tummy from all the drinking. My fur is coloured brown, with some hues of orange throughout. Both my horns are comparable to a ram`s, and have one complete curl that ends in points facing backwards. I have a short, neatly kept beard, resting on my jawlines.

Written test.
For the past two decades, I have struggled. Struggled to make a place for myself amongst strange people. But alas, as much as I have difficulty adapting to the new city life, so much do I need the residents.
I come from a community of Greathorns, where rivalry and drinking were order of the day. A fight here, a barrel of mead or wine there. Some say the two complimented each other. But there was one time each year that pitched every household against each other.
The contest that caused this rivalry was a brewing contest. Every household in the community tried to brew their best concoctions to prove that they were indeed worthy of being amongst the Greathorns. It was one such contest that started my journey, allthough not in the fashion that one might expect.
Depending on the yield of our crops, we would place higher or lower. But we always played fair. Unlike some other people out there. On the day of the testing, our mead was cloudy, with a strange hue to it. It turned out to be filled with the spores of a poisonous mushroom. Luckily, our clan isn`t about banishment or killing, but our honour took a great blow. To restore this, I ventured far and wide in search of better techniques and experience, so I may one day restore the honour of my family and me. Hopefully, once I have done this I will not have dissociated myself too much from the Greathorn clan that I was once a part of. We will see.
For now, I`m planning on setting up shop in a city. There, I can adapt my brewing ever so slightly whilst always finding new people to taste it. This will ensure that my brews will keep improving over time. The good part about being a bartender is picking up gossip. Maybe someone will pass me some knowledge that is usefull for furthering my quest to brew the best booze in the land. Futhermore, making allies that will stick with me through thick and thin will ultimately prove invaluable to my goal in life.

I am motivated to seek help in furthering my brewing techniques. Advice is always helpful. It doesn`t matter for me if it is from a neighbouring bar or venue, or from a guild that specializes in this kind of production. I have heard of a town in need of a new barkeep in an important oceanside town, so I will try my dearest to fill in their needs and as such starting my quest in this new world.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Great work with your application. There's no terrible issues to note, so I'll just go ahead and approve this.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.