Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Response to my Challengers [IC Letter]

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
To the godless sodomites who dare make demands of their betters,

To contest a claim, one must first demonstrate capability to contest. Your ranks include merchants, priestesses, a confessed guild of brigands, and for some strange purpose unknown to all but God and perhaps yourselves, a group of dwarves twice. If it is an attempt to pad your numbers and put fear into my heart, then it has failed, but I shall be sure to notify you the day that these frighten me and mine own band of just knights into ceasing our claims. In short, to your first request, my answer is return with a warband to challenge my noble retinue before I view your demand in any serious light.

Your second demand is for me to relinquish lands that my leal bannermen have shed far too much blood to police and make orderly. I truly don't know what Scira is, but now that you've told me about it, I've decided that I want it. If you want to die defending it, then I wish a peaceful passage to the heavens for you. To deny my right to claim and conquer is to deny the divine right the Lightbringer has put upon me as King.

I've come upon now your third and fourth demands, and I must say that you've really put your heart and your soul into this piece of writing. Will it offend you when my hounds have pissed upon it and it crumbles to ash in my hearth? By right of conquest any land I deem mine belongs to me and my faithful vassals. And as to your baseless and undeniably false accusations of xenophobia and distrust for foreign nations, there are none I love more than those orderly, God-fearing sorts who have the might to establish a nation and to command the fear that is behind xenophobia. If you come across some, could you send them my way? I'd love to make their acquaintance.

As to your final statement, which is an open declaration of war upon my heavenly kingdom bestowed by the Lightbringer- I say this because there is no force known by man or God that could drive me to endure a trip to your den of degeneracy, witchcraft, and heresy to treat with you, and none that could possibly make me treat you as equals demanding fair judgement and respectful political discourse – I believe my response can be summed up in two short statements :

Come throw your corpses upon my city gates. I've not had a good fucking fight in ages.
Best Wishes and Warm Regards,

The One True King, Peter the First of House Hallon, Graf von Breakwater, loyal servant of the only God

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
well damn, also, just makin sure, the Blacksmith's guild being listed as allies is untrue, as that has never been ICly done and whatnot, I just wanted to make that clear

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
im taking glados' mistakes in the letter as IC sorry
sall good, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any false information being used

Edit: Wait... you mean you're actually using that as IC information? That's... kinda metagaming

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
THE SECOND LETTER -

(The following was sent by courier to all vassals of Anhald : de Courtnay and their minor vassals, Varyn, Bayard and their minor vassals, Valmoore, Beaumont, and de Rieu. This letter is not IC common knowledge like the first letter was. Paint Jasper151627237 Archbishop ForestRose Deathmoron dogbew)

To my leal vassals and trusted friends,

A foreigner seeks to disturb our God-given peace. He seeks to send an army down upon the gates of Breakwater, but seems to forget that a breakwater is built to ward against and weather through the mightiest waves. I seek your aid in defending the capital, the home of your King and the source of the Divine right we noblemen have over the land. He has also been ever so kind as to provide us with a list of his foreign aggressors. All parties listed in this registry are sinners, and for their most heretical and Godless crime, must be put to death.

Priestess Vevila Draugus
Lord Laerornor of the Grey Isle
Lord Daeron Eldrin
General Tennand Eldrin-Draugus
Admiral Alexander Wise, of Seven Warships
Commodore Kharn ‘Stormbringer’ Sicarus
Commander Rex Lonmar
Commander Vaeril Semori
Commander Dayter Arretez of the Rangers
Jaden Seeker, of the Rangers
Scribe-Sentinel Kethron Dramaign, of the Hospitallers
Eltsir Alcantra, of the Mortal Accord
Cymic Seymour of Tambry
Nikolche of Tambry
Procurator Omriel Usuyl, of the Hospitallers
The Dwarves of Aeroch Rimtar
Lord Septimus Aetherson and all of Renatus
Lord Illthilior Athrendu
The Dogs Guild of Thieves and Killers
Lord James McGuffin of the Merchants’ Guild of Altera
Sir Roy Beledrent of the Blacksmithing Guild
Sir Thordil Barumur of the Blacksmithing Guild
Sir Kalrag of the Blacksmithing Guild
Khorug
Sir Borgan Anguta of the Blacksmithing Guild
Doctor Ater Impes of Nirawyr

Although I have not the eyes of God and as such I cannot witness the execution of all the degenerates that are captured, I trust in the abilities of my vassals. If the sinners are found with women and children, make sure they watch as their families are flayed alive before you slay them. No animal breeds with more speed than the rat, and the children of these rats will be raised as rats. Putting down animals is no sin.

Blessings of Ignis Synnove upon you,

The King

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
sall good, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any false information being used

Edit: Wait... you mean you're actually using that as IC information? That's... kinda metagaming
dude it's a letter
he gave me a list of all his combatants
it's perfectly legal

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
dude it's a letter
he gave me a list of all his combatants
it's perfectly legal
it's a letter working off of bad information of which Glados was mistaken about, thus wouldn't apply IC, therefore, what's going on is you're including information you'd only notice OOC due to the fact that Glados didn't recheck over if things were true or not, metagaming

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
glados made a mistake including you
i copied the mistake in my letter
i don't see the problem

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
glados made a mistake including you
i copied the mistake in my letter
i don't see the problem
how did I make a mistake? I misread what you wrote due to the fact that I actually thought you weren't using that as information, pardon me for thinking you'd actually only involve those who are actually involved

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
THE SECOND LETTER -

(The following was sent by courier to all vassals of Anhald : de Courtnay and their minor vassals, Varyn, Bayard and their minor vassals, Valmoore, Beaumont, and de Rieu. This letter is not IC common knowledge like the first letter was. Paint Jasper151627237 Archbishop ForestRose Deathmoron dogbew)

To my leal vassals and trusted friends,

A foreigner seeks to disturb our God-given peace. He seeks to send an army down upon the gates of Breakwater, but seems to forget that a breakwater is built to ward against and weather through the mightiest waves. I seek your aid in defending the capital, the home of your King and the source of the Divine right we noblemen have over the land. He has also been ever so kind as to provide us with a list of his foreign aggressors. All parties listed in this registry are sinners, and for their most heretical and Godless crime, must be put to death.

Priestess Vevila Draugus
Lord Laerornor of the Grey Isle
Lord Daeron Eldrin
General Tennand Eldrin-Draugus
Admiral Alexander Wise, of Seven Warships
Commodore Kharn ‘Stormbringer’ Sicarus
Commander Rex Lonmar
Commander Vaeril Semori
Commander Dayter Arretez of the Rangers
Jaden Seeker, of the Rangers
Scribe-Sentinel Kethron Dramaign, of the Hospitallers
Eltsir Alcantra, of the Mortal Accord
Cymic Seymour of Tambry
Nikolche of Tambry
Procurator Omriel Usuyl, of the Hospitallers
The Dwarves of Aeroch Rimtar
The Blacksmiths’ Guild of Altera
Lord Septimus Aetherson and all of Renatus
Lord Illthilior Athrendu
The Dogs Guild of Thieves and Killers
Lord James McGuffin of the Merchants’ Guild of Altera
Sir Roy Beledrent of the Blacksmithing Guild
Sir Thordil Barumur of the Blacksmithing Guild
Sir Kalrag of the Blacksmithing Guild
Khorug
Sir Borgan Anguta of the Blacksmithing Guild
Doctor Ater Impes of Nirawyr

Although I have not the eyes of God and as such I cannot witness the execution of all the degenerates that are captured, I trust in the abilities of my vassals. If the sinners are found with women and children, make sure they watch as their families are flayed alive before you slay them. No animal breeds with more speed than the rat, and the children of these rats will be raised as rats. Putting down animals is no sin.

Blessings of Ignis Synnove upon you,

The King
I honest to god don't have the time or the drive to be involved in the conflict, purely because of OOC, saying that now so you know before hand.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
aight fine don't have time to deal with drama i'll remove the blacksmiths

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog