Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Song Of Ice And Fire

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Of course quite a few people on here have read them, or currently reading them, might aswell discuss it.
So which one is your favourite book? Mines Storm of Swords. (Try not to spoil anything)

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I'm only on the second book, and I really can't say which one I prefer more. They're both great reads.

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
I've read the first one, which was a very good read. I'm probably going to take a break from my Redwall crusade to start reading these.

Menel

Carpet Monkey
Well i already read all of them and i must say i won't see them book by book but only as the whole story they are. Though there might be books i like less then the others because the kind of stil to always use other chars and their point of views on the things leads to the unpleasent moments when you think "when do i already get to know what happend with "......" :D

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
"when do i already get to know what happend with "......"
I thought the same thing, like when a certain someone was going to take over a certain place in the second book, if you know what I'm talking about.

Menel

Carpet Monkey
yeah and that is only one example of many :D of course the person with the most spotlight in the one book has only short appereances in the next one that follows ;) was realy the only thing that annoyed me about the whole story, too many point of views or mabye too detailed point of views of ones that appear to not realy be importan for the story. And as some of the chars from the first books die it gets worse later on^^

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
I'm only half-way through the first book, although I love the series so far, they have the series at my local library

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
I believe I like the fifth book the most, or the second, the third and fourth are a bit... slowed down. And it gets split into so many story-lines I lost track of it all... Can't wait for the sixth book though!

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Ohhw i cant say why i like it cause it'd be a spoiler but has to be A dance with dragons. A game of thrones was amazing too though :p

kaza125

Lord of Altera
So any speculations for The Winds of Winter? I'm not sure if it would count as spoliers though....

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I have read them all. Enjoyed them all, but I found the one before the most recent to be hard going. The most recent book is amazing in its audacity.

(I don't rememeber which name goes with which book!)

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
1 - Game of Thrones
2 - A clash of kings
3 - A storm of swords
4 - A feast for crows
5 - A dance with dragons
6 - The winds of winter
7 - A dream of spring

There you go Rau ;). For the old minds among us who tend to forget stuffz.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
1 - Game of Thrones
2 - A Storm of Swords
3 - A clash of kings
4 - A feast for crows
5 - A dance with dragons
6 - The winds of winter
7 - A dream of spring

There you go Rau ;). For the old minds among us who tend to forget stuffz.
You have 2 and 3 the wrong way around. :p

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I'm around 400 pages on the fourth book, but unfortunately, a lot of my favourite characters don't have PoVs in this one. However, it's made up for by the introduction of new characters with PoVs, or old characters who haven't had any yet. I will admit, though, it is a bit slow. Might be I'm still too early on, though.