Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Amalfian Announcement] Amalfian Boycott and More :3

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
This entire thread is one big spelling error....Also wedding is reason enough to celebrate.
English isn't everyone's first language :)
Though I totally understand where you're coming from- watching this thread puts me in full Grammar Nazi Mode.

Etow

Lord of Altera
This entire thread is one big spelling error....Also wedding is reason enough to celebrate.
so youd go to a wedding of a person not related to you, and that used to be a friend but who killed your father? :p . as an example to relate how we feel likee.

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
Basically from what I understand is:

Cap's group made this other Group B butt hurt and killed their people.

Therefore, since this Group B doesn't like them anymore, and knowing that Cap's group literally follows a divine that represents nobility, (among other things), Group B chose to abolish their titles to piss off Cap's group.

Idk where the banned people come in, but that's just a simple run-down version....I think?

Etow

Lord of Altera

Therefore, since this Group B doesn't like them anymore, and knowing that Cap's group literally follows a divine that represents nobility, (among other things), Group B chose to abolish their titles to piss off Cap's group.

Idk where the banned people come in, but that's just a simple run-down version....I think?
were also a republic..so it was coming..its also less off a piss off and more of a reaction..we were fine with nobles so far..just having a kaiser whom we treated as equal..whom we negotisted a pact with that we signed suddenly randomly attack our leader and kill peoples..kinda changed our perspektive on nobles xd

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I shall, as a more or less Third Party- regale you all with some clarification!
A couple days ago- Almafia invited Anhald over to talk about an issue revolving around an Anhalder knight assaulting the Doge. Things turned ugly and Anhald slaughtered most of the Almafians present.

So, the Pact in which Almafia was Anhald's vassal is gone with the death/dethronement/whatever of the old Doge, and now Almafians want to flaunt their independence and unhappiness.

In other news, Azerwind has broken the record for creating the largest mug of ale.

Back to you, Fred, for the Alteran weather forecast :p

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
so youd go to a wedding of a person not related to you, and that used to be a friend but who killed your father? :p . as an example to relate how we feel likee.
Sera killed your friend? Damn I must have been out of it that day....

Etow

Lord of Altera
I shall, as a more or less Third Party- regale you all with some clarification!
A couple days ago- Almafia invited Anhald over to talk about an issue revolving around an Anhalder knight assaulting the Doge. Things turned ugly and Anhald slaughtered most of the Almafians present.

So, the Pact in which Almafia was Anhald's vassal is gone with the death/dethronement/whatever of the old Doge, and now Almafians want to flaunt their independence and unhappiness.

In other news, Azerwind has broken the record for creating the largest mug of ale.

Back to you, Fred, for the Alteran weather forecast :p
well the pact was gone cause kaiser replaced it. :3

Djiboutian

Lord of Altera
DJiboutian
DJiboutian

No its more like group A said there boycotting and doing something more to what group B is doing (did you read the title of this post?)

Then group B can do whatever they want with the information in this thread.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'd like to make a mild realism complaint.

When the proletariat overthrows the nobility - they don't tend to just.. abolish titles.

In all previous extant happenings the nobility tends to end up dead. (See - Guillotine, Firing Squad, etc)

There should probably be an internal civil war or purging happening.

This is an interesting set up, politically speaking, as the existing 'nobility' (Mind you, I suppose this more refers to.. NPCs, than anything else?) aren't exactly going to take this sitting down, and could have presumably read the writing on the wall previously.

Said nobility would thence likely go to their extant allies/overlords in Anhald, and as per client state things, could probably get them to justify an invasion and annexation with the casus belli of 'Overthrown state, thrown off vassalage agreement.' and get themselves semi-cushy nobility positions in exchange for the downfall of their overthrown state.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I'd like to make a mild realism complaint.

When the proletariat overthrows the nobility - they don't tend to just.. abolish titles.

In all previous extant happenings the nobility tends to end up dead. (See - Guillotine, Firing Squad, etc)

There should probably be an internal civil war or purging happening.

This is an interesting set up, politically speaking, as the existing 'nobility' (Mind you, I suppose this more refers to.. NPCs, than anything else?) aren't exactly going to take this sitting down, and could have presumably read the writing on the wall previously.

Said nobility would thence likely go to their extant allies/overlords in Anhald, and as per client state things, could probably get them to justify an invasion and annexation with the casus belli of 'Overthrown state, thrown off vassalage agreement.' and get themselves semi-cushy nobility positions in exchange for the downfall of their overthrown state.
The reason the proletariat hate the nobility is because of Anhald's actions (i.e- overthrowing the Doge, slaughtering their soldiers). They don't exactly hate all nobility, more, just Anhald.

Btw, I know this because I was there- just to cite my sources :p

What I think would be interesting is to see another nation take over Amalfia, considering it's weakened state. I'm surprised Anhald hasn't actually taken it over for realsies this time.

Also I've been told that it isn't "Almafia" but "Amalfia"- I've been misspelling it for four months or so now. :-:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I mean, I don't consent to death- why should I?- I'm not really apart of this whole shindig anymore. As of now, I'm simply a witness to the event- nothing more.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
The reason the proletariat hate the nobility is because of Anhald's actions (i.e- overthrowing the Doge, slaughtering their soldiers). They don't exactly hate all nobility, more, just Anhald.

What I think would be interesting is to see another nation take over Amalfia, considering it's weakened state. I'm surprised Anhald hasn't actually taken it over for realsies this time.

Also I've been told that it isn't "Almafia" but "Amalfia"- I've been misspelling it for four months or so now. :-:
consent is kind of an issue

Etow

Lord of Altera

honestly i think exactly the same ^^ I personnaly dont mind of they put a lord in charge..there is the palace and all for it..but they dont..ic i dont ofc. then again could de external politics..but whoo knowss