Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Anime

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Danganronpa 3 is continuing to impress.

Mirai(Sequel) is apparently meant to be the propr mystery DR 1 never was, and actualyl does a pretty good job at it too, while Despair(Prequel to 1) is pretty much like sitting in a plane and being super happy about your coming holiday just to realize that the plane is crashing with you right in the middle of it lol.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Looking ahead to the Fall anime season, I'd like to bring the show Drifters to everyone's attention!

Drifters is an action/fantasy show about heroes transported to an alternate world when they are near death.

If any of you liked Hellsing Ultimate, the Drifters manga was by the same people who did the Hellsing manga, and the Drifters anime is by the same people who did the Hellsing Ultimate anime. In other words, if you liked Hellsing Ultimate, you'll probably like Drifters!

There's an OVA out already that's a compilation of parts of the first two episodes, if you'd like to get a taste of Drifters right now. I've watched it myself, and it has me pretty hyped for Drifters come next season!

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Looking ahead to the Fall anime season, I'd like to bring the show Drifters to everyone's attention!

Drifters is an action/fantasy show about heroes transported to an alternate world when they are near death.

If any of you liked Hellsing Ultimate, the Drifters manga was by the same people who did the Hellsing manga, and the Drifters anime is by the same people who did the Hellsing Ultimate anime. In other words, if you liked Hellsing Ultimate, you'll probably like Drifters!

There's an OVA out already that's a compilation of parts of the first two episodes, if you'd like to get a taste of Drifters right now. I've watched it myself, and it has me pretty hyped for Drifters come next season!
Ya had me at Hellsing.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Guys. I've hit the wall again. I been watching stuff for years and have watched pretty much all the classics and the 'standard' must-sees. I avoid some of the super popular ones that have no depth. But the wall is large this time. I don't know what to watch.

I like:
Mecha
Fantasy
Slice of Life
Adventure
Period pieces

Looking for suggestions.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Guys. I've hit the wall again. I been watching stuff for years and have watched pretty much all the classics and the 'standard' must-sees. I avoid some of the super popular ones that have no depth. But the wall is large this time. I don't know what to watch.

I like:
Mecha
Fantasy
Slice of Life
Adventure
Period pieces

Looking for suggestions.
So here is a few, i'll post some later also.

Banner of the Stars? its a nice Sci-Fy, well put together. Some drama, some action, it tells a nice story.
Haibane Renmei. Slice of Life/Fantasy found this one interesting.
Kemono no Souja. fantasy, second season has some action i believe

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff

I like:
Mecha
Fantasy
Slice of Life
Adventure
Period pieces

Looking for suggestions.
Usagi drop or something like that?

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
So here is a few, i'll post some later also.

Banner of the Stars? its a nice Sci-Fy, well put together. Some drama, some action, it tells a nice story.
Haibane Renmei. Slice of Life/Fantasy found this one interesting.
Kemono no Souja. fantasy, second season has some action i believe
Haven't watched the first, I'll check it out.

I have, however, seen a good chunk of the second. For some reason I lost interest around the time she was in the academy. I really need to pick it back up, I watched too much not to.

Usagi drop or something like that?
Will look it up.

i watched one punch man once so now im a weeaboo :(
One of us. One of us.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Looking for suggestions.
Highly underrated! I also fully recommend Banner of the Stars! Just don't expect amazing animation quality...

Hoshi no Koe is a quick one episode OVA that I think you'd probably enjoy that involves sci-fi, mecha, and a bit of romance.

Last Exile. Anyone who hasn't seen this yet, watch it now. NOW. This is my #1 underrated anime that doesn't get nearly as much recognition as it deserves! Last Exile is a steampunk adventure that is just so much fun to watch! Oh, and the music is FANTASTIC. There are two seasons, but the first half of season two is terrible; if you want to watch the second season, skip ahead to around episode 10 (I think; not sure), watch the mid-season recap episode, then continue on to watch the second half of season two.

Trinity Blood is a good action and supernatural adventure with some steampunk elements. Unfortunately, it only has one season, but it's still a good watch. The show builds as it goes along and becomes better the more you see of it!

Seirei no Moribito is a good action adventure set in a fantasy world similar to a meld of medieval Asian cultures. To give a quick idea of the plot, a lone female warrior is tasked with being the bodyguard of a young boy as they are both forced to go on the run. I think you'd thoroughly enjoy it, based on your listed preferences!

Planetes is a great slice-of-life in space about space debris collectors (aka garbage men in space). Trust me when I say that this is an incredible enjoyable show to watch, and it has superb animation quality for its age, as well!

Below is a quick list of other shows that I'm assuming fall under your "classics and 'standard' must-sees". If you see something listed that you haven't watched yet, prioritize it over my other suggestions (except Last Exile; still watch that!).

Spice and Wolf [Romance, Fantasy, Drama, Adventure]
Wolf Children [Romance, Fantasy, Slice-of-Life]
Tengen Toppan Gurren Lagann [Action, Sci-Fi, Mecha, Epic, Adventure, Ecchi]
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion [Action, Mecha, Alternate History, Supernatural, Drama, Military, School]
Arslan Senki (2015) [Drama, Epic, Military, Action, Historic]
Legend of the Galactic Heroes [Drama, Sci-Fi, Space Opera, Epic, Military, Historic]
Princess Mononoke [Supernatural, Epic, Romance, Adventure]
Rose of Versailles [Romance, Historic, Drama]
No Game No Life [Comedy, Ecchi, Gaming, Adventure, Fantasy]

Also, while I'm giving suggestions, I'd also like to throw Serial Experiments: Lain out there as an anime to take a look into! It's a very psychological kind of show, and it doesn't really mesh with your list of preferred genres, Archbishop, but I can't NOT say something about it. Serial Experiments: Lain is the anime that has impacted me the most, and I wish more people would watch it because it speaks to some of the philosophy and impact of the internet, and it goes very deep into those themes. As a disclaimer, Serial Experiments: Lain is VERY confusing, so if you watch it, make sure you're paying attention! Also, while watching, focus on the implications and presented themes rather than the exact plot, as the ideas and lines of thinking presented in the show are what give it its value.

For evidence of Lain's impact, just look at my signature below:
v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight

I like:
Mecha
Fantasy
Slice of Life
Adventure
Period pieces

Looking for suggestions.
Mecha: Code Geass, Muv Luv series
Fantasy: Overlord, Log Horizon(What SAo should have been lol), Horizon in the middle of nowhere(different anime than the other one entiurely), re zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu; Gate, No Game no Life, Spice and Wolf
Slice of Life: Kimi ga Nozomo Ein; Shirobako(Anime bout making anime),; If you want good ones I generally suggest looking for PA work animes here - they kinda specialize in Slice of life. Shirobako is a PA work anime btw
Period Pieces: 91 Days (Mafia anime)

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
The 2016 Fall Anime Season has officially begun!

I've already mentioned Drifters, which begins next week, but there are two other shows starting up this season I'd like to put on everyone's radars: Shuumatsu no Izetta and Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku.

Drifters, for those who missed my previous post, is an anime made by the studio that made Hellsing Ultimate based on a manga made by the same people who made the Hellsing manga. In short, if you liked Hellsing Ultimate, odds are you'll like Drifters.

Shuumatsu no Izetta is a show about a princess, a witch, and nazis. As you can guess, the show is set during WWII in what is essentially Lichtenstein. Based on the show's description and what I saw in the first episode, this looks to be very similar to Maria the Virgin Witch. I have a couple of concerns, but those concerns are mostly founded on my distaste for the characters from Maria and my fear that the characters in Izetta may share the same flaws. So far, though, I'm impressed!

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku, though, is the show that really should be on everyone's radar, in my opinion. It's only one episode in, so it's entirely possible that it won't be what it's expected to be, but most everything thus far points to this show sharing key similarities with Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. As aforementioned, it's still a bit early to confirm if this will hold true, especially when you consider that Madoka Magica also had a slow start, but I see a lot of potential in this one! For those looking for a quick synopsis of the show, I'll just say that some people are nicknaming this show the lolli hunger games, and the description definitely supports this nickname.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
The 2016 Fall Anime Season has officially begun!

I've already mentioned Drifters, which begins next week, but there are two other shows starting up this season I'd like to put on everyone's radars: Shuumatsu no Izetta and Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku.

Drifters, for those who missed my previous post, is an anime made by the studio that made Hellsing Ultimate based on a manga made by the same people who made the Hellsing manga. In short, if you liked Hellsing Ultimate, odds are you'll like Drifters.

Shuumatsu no Izetta is a show about a princess, a witch, and nazis. As you can guess, the show is set during WWII in what is essentially Lichtenstein. Based on the show's description and what I saw in the first episode, this looks to be very similar to Maria the Virgin Witch. I have a couple of concerns, but those concerns are mostly founded on my distaste for the characters from Maria and my fear that the characters in Izetta may share the same flaws. So far, though, I'm impressed!

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku, though, is the show that really should be on everyone's radar, in my opinion. It's only one episode in, so it's entirely possible that it won't be what it's expected to be, but most everything thus far points to this show sharing key similarities with Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. As aforementioned, it's still a bit early to confirm if this will hold true, especially when you consider that Madoka Magica also had a slow start, but I see a lot of potential in this one! For those looking for a quick synopsis of the show, I'll just say that some people are nicknaming this show the lolli hunger games, and the description definitely supports this nickname.
@Izetta: Liechenstein doesn't exist there at all. Its the western part of Austria where it is set in. Namely Tyrol, Vorarlberg and a part of Salzburg.
From the Map it actually looks like for Austrias counterpart in that world, only the eastern (the big one) part of it became a republic while the Habsburgs' counterpart kept the western part.
The more interesting thing regarding Izetta is how they Hitler-counterpart ever managed to grasp power in an empire as a huge part of it was standing up during parliament sessions, essentially voiding them.

to Compare:

Elystafdt being the thing between the western part of Austria and Swirtzerland here.

Spark

Broken
I rewatched Tokyo Ghoul again.... For the 3rd time... So good. By far my favourite... Uuhgh I need to watch it again. Also there's this edgy shop in my city that has a Kaneki mask.....Need.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Yuri on Ice is already gayer than Free! and so am I, this show is too great