Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Aydin/Aydor/aydorthegreat) - Application [Approved - Somnastra]

Aydor

Villager
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?
aydorthegreat (not zero)
This is the name you use to sign in on minecraft.net. Please make sure this is your own account, account sharing can cause complications with griefing so is prohibited in the HollowWorld. Please specify whether it is the letter 'o' or the number '0' (zero) as they are almost identical with this font.

2) How old are you?
Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.

3) Where are you?
Canada eh!
HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.

4) Have you read our guides yet?
Yes
Before you start playing we recommend that all of our users consult our Survival Guide and take a look at the Tome of Citizenship to look for answers to any questions you have. Looking here first saves a lot of time and keeps our busy staff much happier!

> The Survival Guide is a helpful, user friendly guide set out in a step by step format to help you get started in our world.

> The Tome of Citizenship is a thorough, detailed document listing all server basics. It must be read and agreed to before your application can be accepted.

> For guidance on what races the server has available for new places consult the Core Races Synopsis.

If you have a question that isn't answered on either of these guides we -hope- that the answer would be somewhere on our guides linkedhere.

5) Introduce yourself!
I am a guy of curiosity, I enjoy finding out how things work. I enjoy building computers and am learning how to program. Currently I only know simple batch programming. I enjoy Roleplaying and have done so on multiple other servers and even games! I have roleplayed other Fantasy servers and even a Fallout server, I have also roleplayed GTA: San Andreas Multiplayer.
I enjoy Apocalyptic Movies, Games, books etc, and have quite enjoyed James Dashner's The Maze Runner series.

Some examples of things to tell us:
> About your education/work
> What is your favourite part of your job or study?
> hobbies and other games you play
> What kind of games do you enjoy the most?
> Why?

Talking about yourself isn't always easy and we understand that. We would like this section to be a minimum of 5 sentences but if you want to talk for longer then please go ahead! Please don't fill this answer with things about Minecraft, as that tells us nothing about who you are as a person.

6) Got any examples of your work?
Skip.
Are you a builder? Are you an artist? Do you love to write? If you have a talent then we'd love to see it. Please use the "upload a file" button or provide us with a link to your work so we can take a look.
This is an optional section, if you don't have anything to show us then don't panic!

Everyone is good at different things and we hope we can encourage you to create new things and find new skills while you're with us. We are not a creative server, there's no penalty if you don't want to build. However, HollowWorld is always looking for good builders to help with on-going projects and add their own ideas to our growing community.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
Somewhat yes
HollowWorld is explorable before applying for whitelist, have you seen some of the towns; did any places leave a good impression? Tell us a bit about your exploration!

8) Referrer: (Optional)
Skip
List a minecraft username if someone has referred you to HollowWorld and they may get a reward.

*** We'd like to remind all players that the use of xraying, xray texture packs and mods to locate ores are banishable offenses. We have a dedicated team supervising our logs and once caught using any of the above your account will be banned from the server. (you can delete this bit from your application)***

----

About your character
Name: Huor Nólatári

Character's name here! Nice and simple. If they go under multiple aliases, let us know.

Character's age here! This can be an approximate age if you're not entirely sure.

Race: Elven

HollowWorld has a list of approved species that you can learn about on the Core races synopsis if you haven’t already done so. There are no half-breeds of races.

Appearance:
my_skin.png
He's an elf but has a Labcoat Jacket because I plan on being a study elf thing. Somewhat like a scientist.
What does your character look like? If you have a picture or skin of your character post it here. If not, we'd like a brief description of the design you have in mind.

PLEASE NOTE that some features are exclusive to races or character traits. Your application may need reviewing should our staff feel that details do not fit with the existing lore. Ignoring these suggested changes will result in your application being declined.

---

The test

I was just finishing my latest book when I heard a knock a the door, I dropped the pen in hand and walked over to the door, the floor creaking as I did so. I grasped the handle and pulled open the door, only to reveal nothing. Thinking it was just some local kids playing a trick on me I returned to my work. I heard several other knocks on my door until I stood up frustrated, marched over to the door and almost pulled it off it's hinges. What happened next caught me by surprise. I was hit over the head with something hard and that's all I remember. I woke up next to the creek in my small town with a banging sensation in my temple. I walked over to my house to find my door wide open and all of my work gone. Cursing under my breath I walked over to my desk and grabbed a pencil and paper from the cupboard inside it. I wrote a letter to my loved ones that read, "Dear Family, I am writing this to inform you all that I was robbed. Don't panic as I have backup funds but I have decided to go away for a while. My life is dull and boring and I want to spruce it up a little, so I have decided to go to the lands of (Altera?) to taste adventure. I do not know when or if I will be back but know this, you are all dear to me and I am not running away, just running to, I guess you could say." I walked over to my room and pushed my dresser a couple feet to the right. I then bent over and pulled a trap door open to reveal a small chest with a large sum of money. I went to my parents mailbox with caution that nobody saw me and opened it, I placed the letter inside it and closed it, again with caution. I sprinted to the stables and rented a horse with some of the money I had pocketed from my secret chest. I had also bought several carrots and apples to share with the horse. With nothing but some food and a horse I started down the trail that lead to these promising lands. I traveled for about a week stopping only at inns and taverns along the way for some rest. Suddenly a group of barbarous goons jumped in front of me and my horse, I turned around but they had us surrounded. I spun around one more time and charged but it was no use, they had got my horse and I was falling. I fell to the ground with a thud my coin purse was knocked open, spilling all of my money onto the trail, half of the goons jumped for it giving me an open path, looking down at my horse I knew it would be too much work to get him free so I just sprinted down the path until I reached (Altera?). Spending most of the money I had hidden under my floor and being robbed for the rest I arrived in (Altera?) to start my new life.
It doesn't have to be very long (between 400-1000 words) and you can always come back and change it for your character profile at a later time using the edit button. However, without this section we cannot get a good understanding of your character.
An application without this section will result in your application being declined.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So "Altera" is the world, and the area we center on is the Northern Kingdoms. That being said:

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.