Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ban appeal- __EdwardElric__ - Reason: Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
It appears I've been banned for advertising Lar's server, by Cherbert. I don't believe I've EVER committed this crime. I may have told people that it existed, and if they were getting mad at this server for the things going on now, which I wouldn't blame them for, they could come over. I actually recommend being on both servers, for some dual RP experience, and seeing old friends that may've gone over. If this is such a crime, keep me banned, but I still don't understand the full extent of what I've done. Why can people not play on both, why can't people leave if they truly want to? It's a server, not a prison. That is all, most of my words probably did not help, but I still wanted to make a point. I don't see the error in my ways, and talking to Sally about it last night had said it is fine to play on both, stay, or leave. That is all, please look over it...and please, no insults...

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
Do I get a second chance, I mean, I love the server- and all I did was really tell people about Lar's server, there's no real advertisement there, it's more like...well...informing, I guess?

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
A quote from the rules..

Citizens are required to protect the harmony of the Hollow World community and ensure that they contribute positively to it. This means players must behave in a manner befitting an upstanding Hollow World Citizen, refraining from activities which could be construed as damaging the community by admin staff. They must not over use capital letters, curse/swear or spam in-game chat, must not advertise other servers, must keep the various worlds free from half-chopped trees, free from single block towers of dirt/cobble/sand, pixel art etc. Ensure that player property is respected and not damaged or stolen and that any cheating or rule breaking is reported to the admin team.

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
Well, what's wrong with it? I mean, I've never seen such a problem when people told eachother about, say, a Survival Games server, or someone elses's server that's small. This seems the only one that has had a big fuss on it in terms of this...

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Last night around 11:30pm my time, you joined the TS channel I was in, and at the time of your entry, you began to talk quite a bit about playing on Lars' server, following that you offered several times to give me the IP, and I believe at one point, if not more, made the suggestion of "You should come over here, the RP is so much better."

I don't want to be involved in this whole matter, if at all possible, but in my opinion, neither side should be promoting themselves or trying to steal members from either side, it's childish. Let people make their own choices then judge and act upon what they themselves do if you judge them at all.

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
I didn't recommend, Akari. You asked if the RP was better- it's only that way because everyone's in one place at the moment.

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
I'm not looking to argue, or create drama, Dplatz, at no point did I ask about the RP, I've been trying considerably hard to stay out of the entire matter regarding the two servers. You told me the RP was better. I have at least one person that pending he/she is willing could back me up on the fact.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
You don't seem to care that you broke the rules or even be willing to understand what you did was against the rules. Normally with things like survival games servers we don't mind as they aren't long term servers, it's just a break for people to play something different for a bit. With this server though, it's direct competition and considering the drama that's happened recently, most people would have the common sense to just leave the two servers separate let alone bring it up here.

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
I agree with you, basically the reason to make this appeal. It's not a war, I don't mean to advertise... I just want a second chance and to be let on. I love both servers, I don't have much of a defense, and you're looking at me as an idiot with a ban appeal, which, I can't blame you for, I would do the same... I sound like one, but I really just wish for a second chance and such...

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
What you did was a little daft, there's a bit of bad blood right now between people, small minority are trying to cause problems and frankly failing miserably. Admins on BOTH servers have asked them to stop, so hopefully it will. I don't consider myself an admin on HW any longer, but hopefully your appeal will be considered fairly and without bias, however right now doing this sort of thing could well lead to permanent bans on either or both servers - you've been warned. The admins on these servers do talk to each other you know!

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
I know, and I want this type of stuff- the fighting done, possibly people coming back here, or...some..truce, or something....I hate all of this conflict. I'm feeling horrible now that I was banned.

Edit: Thank you :p

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
I know, and I want this type of stuff- the fighting done, possibly people coming back here, or...some..truce, or something....I hate all of this conflict. I'm feeling horrible now that I was banned.

Edit: Thank you :p

There is no conflict. Stop trying to dig up the past. It is you causing drama by doing what you did. It is against the rules to advertise ANY server.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I don't see the error in my ways, and talking to Sally about it last night had said it is fine to play on both, stay, or leave. That is all, please look over it...and please, no insults...
I love it when people have selective hearing on things I say.
I said it was fine to play on both, but you can't advertise or create drama about it. Which you successfully did both.

*slow sarcastic clap*

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
C'mon Edward.. This isnt about being rival servers and stealing people from HW.. If someone asks about it, simply have them contact me, out of their own personal interest. Dont go around and advertise the server..

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
C'mon Edward.. This isnt about being rival servers and stealing people from HW.. If someone asks about it, simply have them contact me, out of their own personal interest. Dont go around and advertise the server..
:confused:
We are starting to issue official forum warnings for posting on ban appeals while you are not involved. Warnings stack, and may lead to a (temporary) forum ban. Those points are not something you want to collect!
Zane, I know you are trying to help here, but you aren't even apart of this server anymore... please don't post on ban appeals...​

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
I love it when people have selective hearing on things I say.
I said it was fine to play on both, but you can't advertise or create drama about it. Which you successfully did both.

*slow sarcastic clap*
I don't mean to cause these troubles. I don't wish to start fights or make anyone angry, cause drama, or advertise...or I at least I didn't see it like that!

People were asking, I answered myself :l

There is no conflict. Stop trying to dig up the past. It is you causing drama by doing what you did. It is against the rules to advertise ANY server.
Well, I'm sorry. I just don't want conflict or any of this, even.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Look.. Eddie-boy.. Bert's word is law.. No advertising about other servers, telling players to go to other servers, and most defiantly not telling that that server is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better in RP. It's an insult to the community, and a disappointment for you to be telling players that it's better. It's like telling your mother she's ugly.. to her face... You shouldn't even say she's ugly.. You should learn to keep your mouth shut. 'Cause if ya don't.. guess who's computer flew out the window.

Yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.