Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ban appeal for Joe_Exp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Exp

Lord of Altera
Look, I'm sorry. As well as:
Concerning Bans: Because it seems that some people just can't learn, we'll be implementing a Three Strikes and You're Out system. Anyone Banned more than two times is permanently banned from the HollowWorld Server. What does this mean for you players? It means if you get a Third ban, you're done. You have shown that you can not adhere to the rules that we expect you to uphold. HollowWorld just isn't the place for you. *New
I've never had an issue with anyone on this server until this event. could we not just consider this a final warning?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
You misunderstand that sir.
That is a 3 ban MAX. We are still perfectly able to ban after a single offence.
Now if you had just killed someone or stolen something minor, we give you a tempban and this would apply.
But you went against server rule, destroyed the spirit of the game, cheated and x-ray is a serious offence.

Joe_Exp

Lord of Altera
I'm quite sure that I did not misunderstand it considering:

Theft : First of all, you will be jailed. Length of Jail time will not be less than four hours. Upon their release, The thief will earn the actual title of Thief, which will remain for no less than twenty four hours. Once PvP has been engaged, other Players are allowed to kill the Thief while they hold the Thief rank, without punishment. A thief can bail themselves out for 1000.00 Silver plus the value of what they stole. Another player may bail the thief for 3000.00 Silver plus the value of what they stole. A second offense will result in a Ban. This includes stealing from players in your town whether you are mayor or not! *New

Griefing: Instant Ban. May be appealed in the Ban Appeal Section on the Forums.

PvP : PVP is now controlled by towny. It is up to each town owner to choose whether pvp is turned on or not. Turning pvp on in your town is not an excuse to murder players who enter. If you wish to engage in pvp other players must be warned and given fair warning! *New
PvP and theft have their own category, so I believe my offense is unspecified and falls under "concerning bans".

Steelcryo

King of the north!
I'm going to comment here and suggest a 3 day temp ban and removal of ALL money/diamond/gold he has IF someone can find in the logs that he only used xray for a short while (so not over the space of a week or longer).

The only reason I'm doing this is because he straight away admitted to using xray, which frankly is a first. I'm willing to give someone that admits there mistakes straight away with no bullshit another chance as frankly, he knows the risks of admitting to using xray and did it anyway. Honestly will get you further with me than bullshit.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
So you think you know the rules better than the people who wrote them?
Im sorry sir, but you are unable to argue on technicalities here. You follow the spirit of the law, not its letter.
And yes, it may fall under that category, it still is a 3 ban MAXIMUM. Doesnt mean we have to wait for three bans.
If we had to wait for three bans, then that would mean that anyone could get away with anything twice, stop and be able to play.
As admins we reserve the right to ban anyone at any time, and fortunately, we do this for valid reasons.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Legion he's actually right. I don't believe he means just because he hasn't been banned before he SHOULD be unbanned. Just that because he hasn't been banned before he gets some consideration for being unbanned instead of a flat out no like someone on a 3 ban strike out would get.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
I shall be back soon, you missed me on earlier, again. And your not replying on skype :(

Although, Skyrim is amazing!

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Oh yes, i know that a first time offender gets some leniance, and should, but what i mean is that in no way are we forced to wait for three bans before we can make it permanent.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Just read the comments, thanks folks. What I'm putting in place is the following:

1. 3 day temp ban, next time though for any major issue or if there are repeated small issues it'll be a permanent ban.
2. A clean start - I'm not willing to allow any goods gathered via X-ray to remain the server. Contents of all chests relating to the player go in lava. Short period or not I'm not having a player benefit from the use of X-ray.
3. Money reset on the server.

This way Joe there no way people can say you've benefited from what you've done.

For everyone else - When this temp ban is over, consider the matter closed. Pestering him or having a go at him over this will only land YOU in bother.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
I see that this has been closed, but I'm late in getting my say.

I am MIGHTILY disapointed that Joe Quoted all OTHER rules but this one.

21. Client side mods such as non Zombe Fly and X-ray mods and texture packs are not allowed on the server. Members caught using, or suspected of using them will be banned. *New
I really dislike seeing people quote all the WRONG rules at the Staff when they think it's in their best interest.

That's my two cents, anyways.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Joe count yourself lucky, you're welcome back 2011-11-14 06:47:30

If anyone should be nasty about what you've done tell me, you've been punished and the matter is closed - it's time to get back to playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.