Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Banned For "Black-Magic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
I'm going to get right to the point here, I was supposedly using "Black-Magics", or, X-Raying. Now, I find this quite hard to believe, because I don't even know how to install a mod. (I'm a noob, I know) Also, if it's my mining that's suspicious, I know I mine strangely, and I have been accused of using it by 3 players now. I don't quite know how I do it, I just have that, "Thea-Instinct".
I would never X-Ray, as in my opinion, it messes the game up really fast. That's one of the reasons I have never installed a mod. I like it all Vanilla. Just the way it is.
Even if I did, do you think I'd be wearing iron-armor all the time? No. I would most likely spend the plentiful pouch of diamonds on armor, rather than iron.
You can post all the pictures and everything, I don't care how much it looks as if I was X-Raying, because I wouldn't, and I couldn't.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Youll have to wait for moochick to post, but we generally only ban if its conclusive.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I won't overturn this yet but I honestly can't see anything odd in Dark's mining if it's today (28/11/11) so far. Still having a look around though.

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
Here is the evidence

The first one is a hole made with cobble into lava going straight to diamonds
The other was one that was dug straight into from a wall of a pre existing mine

I did do this very quickly when I was on for like 15 minutes earlier and am gathering more evidence right now.

Attachments

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Here is the evidence

The first one is a hole made with cobble into lava going straight to diamonds
The other was one that was dug straight into from a wall of a pre existing mine

I did do this very quickly when I was on for like 15 minutes earlier and am gathering more evidence right now.
How do you know the diamond wasn't on show?

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
The first one was strange to me, because as I was filling the hole with cobble, 3 pieces of cobble disappeared with block-lag, and revealed a diamond, so I continued to mine it. The second one is pretty obvious that I just ran into that one while I was placing torches in some of someone-else's mineshafts. (If I were you, I'd check him out, the long-dark halls seem suspicious)

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
On some diamonds I was helped by a guy that had "Nube" in his name. He just offered to show me a couple places that had diamonds, and I was more than willing to find them. I guess it's sort of my fault for believing/carrying out the mining he told me to do, and I had seen him before at the battle of Heavens_Reach that same day, so I trusted him.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Weak excuse Dark ;)

First one with lava is pretty damning when you see it in game, second one I'm not so sure about and can see how anyone would mine like that as the diamond was visible only a couple of blocks back from the tunnel, so you could randomly hit it fairly easy. It does seem that you mined towards lava a little bit more than usual though, you don't normally do that.

Moochick is still looking into it :)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
While Moo's checking up on evidence, I'd like to give this warning.

Liars get banned, those who admit get second chances.

So if you know that you x-rayed, come clean about it. We can find out easy enough if you have, its just easier on everyone if you do it now.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
Weak excuse Dark ;)

First one with lava is pretty damning when you see it in game, second one I'm not so sure about and can see how anyone would mine like that as the diamond was visible only a couple of blocks back from the tunnel, so you could randomly hit it fairly easy. It does seem that you mined towards lava a little bit more than usual though, you don't normally do that.

Moochick is still looking into it :)
Well, that "Nube" guy helped me. Most of the time telling me where/what to mine. I also told him if I get accused and banned of X-Ray, I would call him out on it. Also, I barely go mining, but when I do, it's usually a serious expidition. :p I'm afraid of monsters, and I would prefer to buy from shops, but when I ran into Alailanible's mine, I got to thinking that if I mined enough, I could probably come back with a few diamonds.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
2011-11-29_09.17.10.png

This one's my favourite. This is a PRE-dug tunnel, and he's 'randomly' dug into the ground and found diamond.

I have spent a worryingly amount of time studying digging styles just so I don't make the mistake of banning someone because of a weird tunneling system. But I've still yet to see a genuine 'straight to ore' style

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Also fact: When someone seems to KNOW where diamonds are, stay away and report them asap. There's no excuse for it and THEY will get caught instead of you :/

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
2011-11-29_09.25.43.png
Okay this is a tunnel, not suspicious right? Well sure, if those two tunnels didn't lead to diamond. The one on the right is from the screenshot moochick took, the other is here:

2011-11-29_09.25.28.png

I'm still not sure how it can be seen as legit when you've gone practically through this lava right next to that other diamond, straight to this diamond.

Actually, I'd like to point out that all three of these diamond veins I've shown so far are practically next door to each other.

2011-11-29_09.33.29.png
This is the tunnel from the first evidence picture of moochick's. The diamond and lava were completely hidden, and just suddenly dug out like this.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
Also fact: When someone seems to KNOW where diamonds are, stay away and report them asap. There's no excuse for it and THEY will get caught instead of you :/
Sorry, I didn't want to ask because we were in a PvP zone, and when someone starts asking questions, I wouldn't blame them. He was already angry, as I supposedly, "Dug under his house".
(EDIT) ((as I think of it more and more, I see that it could have just been a setup... -.-))

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
2011-11-29_09.39.39.png

Last one, again randomly dug out from an already pre-dug tunnel.

One question though, how was Nubmcweak talking to you? In game or something else?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Just wondering. Though considering you have him on skype and it was a pvp area, I think it's safe to ask 'friends' if they're cheating, or at least suspect them of hacking and stay away from them. Now I'm gonna go check on nub's mining.

Status
Not open for further replies.