Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Banned For "Black-Magic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
Aye aye, and I wouldn't say he was my friend, just someone who asked me to Skype with him.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
I'm sorry but this story of someone telling you to do it is just bullshit. And if it is true then you are either a stupid fool or you knew damn well what was going on so in my book you may as well have been using x-ray yourself - it doesn't matter either way.

My vote would be that this should be a permanent ban. I don't agree with Itzzaboy saying that telling the truth will get you a second chance; I am not going to condone second chances to ANYONE who uses x-ray related cheats whether they admit to it or not!

We are all sick and tired of people cheating in this way and spoiling the enjoyment of others and pissing on all the hard work of the admins who have helped shape the server over the last 8 months.

I shall push to make an example of anyone who is proven to be cheating for self gain in this way.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
A convenient story!
Dunnn dun dunnnnn.
Now even if hes not lying about the Nube thing, im not sure we should unban, its pretty obvious when someone repeatedly tells you to mine somewhere and it always goes to diamond.
Not saying it should be a straight off ban though either, i think we should set a precedent here.

Avery Thomas

Sorrows Warrior
Well, DerekAslyth something and I were going around, repairing shadowsmalls cobblestone fortress, when I noticed a nameplate moving around the sand. I thought we were being attacked, as the 500 block limit wasn't introduced yet. I notified Derek, where we dug to the supposed miner. We dug into a mineshaft, where we finally found him, holding shift, mining an odd looking stripmine. He says it was someone else's stripmine, which is easy enough to believe since it went on for MILES, upon looking at it. On the most part, it was stripmine, but the area Darkwolf was in seemed to be a random tunnel.

My answer, could just be lucky. Statistics?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Personally i agree with Tinblue, accomplices to murder are often charged with manslaughter, accomplices to x-ray should be charged with x-ray.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
for us in the uk accomplices to murder are usually charged with murder

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
I'm sorry but this story of someone telling you to do it is just bullshit. And if it is true then you are either a stupid fool or you knew damn well what was going on so in my book you may as well have been using x-ray yourself - it doesn't matter either way.

My vote would be that this should be a permanent ban. I don't agree with Itzzaboy saying that telling the truth will get you a second chance; I am not going to condone second chances to ANYONE who uses x-ray related cheats whether they admit to it or not!

We are all sick and tired of people cheating in this way and spoiling the enjoyment of others and pissing on all the hard work of the admins who have helped shape the server over the last 8 months.

I shall push to make an example of anyone who is proven to be cheating for self gain in this way.
I love this server, I really do, and when it comes to mining, I could care less about who mines what, because I'm probably either going to give it away, or store it forever. If you think my story is "bullshit", I wouldn't blame you. I know I was really stupid to do that, but I trusted him, and that's where I slipped up. I guess I could understand that you would want me banned, but I just wanted you and everyone here to know something.
You can ask everywhere and 9/10 times get the same answer; I like to give and share, I would never do things for my own personal gain unless it was also helping someone else. I go into Brustenburg and hand out cookies, bread, apples, etc. to most everyone I see.
If I am banned, I would just like to say that I will still continue to be active on/in the forums, as I like this community very well.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I want to get to the bottom of who it was who directed you to the diamonds.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I'd ask for leniency for Dark, he's a good chap in game. But as always I won't over-turn a decision by Cherbert out of respect for him. Personally I think at worse case this is a small amount of diamond, IF Dark was Xraying he'd most likely learn from being caught, if not he'll end up banned anyway as greed would get the better of him.

Nubemcweak is the player Dark has mentioned as "nube".

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
While mining DarkWolf9408 obtained 44 diamonds and 17 gold.
Nubemcweak gathered 8 diamond 20 gold.
I have scanned Nub's tunnels and can't find anything conclusive (even had a good laugh when I found a spot with gold still there)

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
While mining DarkWolf9408 obtained 44 diamonds and 17 gold.
Nubemcweak gathered 8 diamond 20 gold.
I have scanned Nub's tunnels and can't find anything conclusive (even had a good laugh when I found a spot with gold still there)
Well, I promise you he helped, And yes, his name was "Nubemcweaksauce" he wears a dwarf-skin.

Darko

Lord of Altera
Dark, if you have been X-raying come clean with it. I know you're good at Rp and you seem like a good guy, but these results seem pretty conclusive that you're a cheat. If you have been using X-ray just come clean with it, for the sake of the admins who would probably rather do something else then investigate this.

(They'll be really mad if they find out it's bullshit)

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I know, I've talked to him on TS and checked his tunnels, his in game name is Nubemcweak. The only thing I can do is keep doing my xray hunting, if he shows up with suspicious mining again then I'll ban him as well. Right now I wont do anything because there's really nothing damning about his mining.

Anyway, I'm going to lock this thread, I doubt anyone will overrule Tinblue.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Anyway, I'm going to lock this thread, I doubt anyone will overrule Tinblue.
My exact words were, "I vote..." and I just made my reasons clear with my post.

I don't want any of my admins making decisions based on mine and leaning toward my decision just because I'm the boss man! ;-)

Please, Halfmad and yourself make your own judgement. I will respect it. I can afford to be harsh as I don't get too personal with these players which is why its better that you can make more informed judgements.

On very rare (extreme) circumstances I may overrule someone.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Unbanned. In future do your own mining. I still consider this a warning.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Sorry, I'll have to read more clearly, I need to pay more attention to exact wordings, I jump to conclusions too easily xD. *lesson... NUMBER learned*
Well I'm okay with him being unbanned, but I already looted his items for using xray in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.