Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Benijim Apology and Appeal [Resolved-Banned for Advertising after Unban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanyJam

Villager
Hello, Its Benijim here.
Some of you may know, and some may not, that I recently left the server for greener pastures. I left as I found that HollowWorld did not have a place for me, not that anyone severely diliked me, but that I could not find entertainment within the server nor on the forums. I found that logging on to the Forums and the Server was more of a chore than a form of entertainment.

Also, one of the other main reasons I left was after I saw how The Pumpkin King was treated on his lore appeal thing. I understand that there are points of view such as "the server has changed and you must stick to an approved race" but this is a guy who had just suffered hardships defending what he loves and hoping to come back to something he loved, HollowWorld, and to resume playing again after the hard work he had done. He came back and made a well formatted and civilized lore appeal and found that he could hardly keep anything of what his character was. I, personally, thought that surely a few strings could be pulled to allow his character to be moulded so that it would fit in but even that was not allowed. I do understand that he went a bit ape and ranted at the lore team but at least he had the decency to censor all of his cussing. After he had posted a rant, he wasn't even given time to think over his actions. A simple temp-ban and a speaking to would have calmed him down, but no. He was insta-banned and his forum account banned so he was not allowed to explain anything. I did think this was slightly excessive but no, the staff team shocked me by having the guts to go and mock him after he donated a hell of a lot of money to keep this server going. I cannot remember which staff member it was but I can sure as hell remember what was written, "Thanks for the donation! :D Goodbye".
That just blew my mind after I read that. To see that these so called "dedicated staff" went so far as to mock both someone who had bad, but understandable English and mock someone by practically waving their own hard earned money that they risked their life to earn in their face.

I also feel that the general handling of banning and punishment is over the top. Also, after I heard of how Pyrocide was treated, I finally understood why people where leaving.

Im not really sure what I am trying to achieve here and Im not sure what kind of thread this is. It isnt much of an appeal, but I would still like to talk to people over the forums. I dont ever play ingame anymore so I honestly dont care if Im banned on the server, but I still like to check whats going on.

Yesterday, I disliked cherberts post in which he mocked Brokkscast because of his bad grammar and today I find I am banned. If i'm banned simply because I disliked one persons post then that really is low. YOU implemented the use of the negative buttons, so why are you so offended when someone uses them on you?

I would like to apologize for any wrongdoings I have done, past or present, or any included in this post.

Yours sincerely,
-Ben Collins
(Benijim)

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
re: pumpkin king:
he was told many times why he could not have his old character and snapped about it. Even if he did censor the language the intention was still there.

re: the dislike of cherbs post:
cherb's post was sincere and it didnt cause offence to brokkscast

re: pyrocide
if you have information about this, please tell us. We staff clearly do not know what we are doing.

BeanyJam

Villager
RE: RE: Pumpkin King. He was told he couldnt have his character, not even if he tweaked it and he was given up on and mocked.

RE: RE: I still see the mockery of Brokkscast as something that someone could take offense from. And I can also confirm that Brokkscast did take offense from cherberts comment. He also says that he is not perfect, but he tries.

RE: RE: I heard on teamspeak about what happened with Pyrocide, so it may be a bit one sided but the main points are still there.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
It was I who mocked ThePumpkinKing. I commented "Thank you for your donation :)" after he swore repeatedly at the players with overly aggressive language, and told us effectively that, because he donated to the server, it meant that he could have his own way with the rules.
I deleted the comment after realising how inappropriate it was. The reason it was posted is because I spent a long time speaking to him, trying to figure out the best ways to incorporate his character into the server lore. Eventually, he told me that he couldn't be bothered, and proceeded to reply to Naelwyn and insult the entire player base alongside the staff team, and treat them disrespectfully and mockingly.

All of the actions I have ever taken have been mine, and not this 'staff team', you like to blanket us with. I'm just a player, and if you have a problem with the things I say, then that problem is with me, not the staff.

I'm quite insulted that you say he was 'given up on', when you do not know the entire story. I spent a long time trying to adapt his character, and it was he who gave up, and then began to harass people because of a character on a make-believe mine craft game.

As for your other points, I do not know enough about them to comment. If it's true you were banned purely for disliking Cherbert's comment, then I understand your feeling of indignation, and if it is the only reason you are banned, then I agree with you that it is absurd.

Last edited:

BeanyJam

Villager
It was I who mocked ThePumpkinKing. I commented "Thank you for your donation :)" after he swore repeatedly at the players with overly aggressive language, and told us effectively that, because he donated to the server, it meant that he could have his own way with the rules.
I deleted the comment after realising how inappropriate it was. The reason it was posted is because I spent a long time speaking to him, trying to figure out the best ways to incorporate his character into the server lore. Eventually, he told me that he couldn't be bothered, and proceeded to reply to Naelwyn and insult the entire player base alongside the staff team, and treat them disrespectfully and mockingly.

All of the actions I have ever taken have been mine, and not this 'staff team', you like to blanket us with. I'm just a player, and if you have a problem with the things I say, then that problem is with me, not the staff.

I'm quite insulted that you say he was 'given up on', when you do not know the entire story. I spent a long time trying to adapt his character, and it was he who gave up, and then began to harass people because of a character on a make-believe mine craft game.
It's nice to see that you saw your comment from both points of view and amended and moved on after what happened.
I admit I did not have all the details of the Pumpkin Kings situation and was purely writing off what I knew, so I have taken into consideration the information provided and now fully understand what happened. I would also like to apologize for any offense I have caused.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
It's nice to see that you saw your comment from both points of view and amended and moved on after what happened.
I admit I did not have all the details of the Pumpkin Kings situation and was purely writing off what I knew, so I have taken into consideration the information provided and now fully understand what happened. I would also like to apologize for any offense I have caused.
Thank you Benijim. I also apologise for the tense language >.<

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
What is this pyrocide thing? Could someone explain that?
I think Sinclair mentioned it a while back in the House/Allies conversation.

And Beni, I can understand how the staff treating a member who's "gone through tough things" could be seen as bad, but I have to admit he was kind of asking for it. As Ced said, he was acting as if he deserved to be an OP character who broke just about every bit of lore on the server because he had donated. If that were the case, then half the players would be Gods, and we'd fall right back into how it was before lore was properly implemented.

That being said, there is extensive lore on how the magic works now, and I do remember talking with Pumpkin on the server, he was acting as if he should still be allowed his old magic capabilities, despite the fact that the lore itself had changed drastically.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
What are the sides may I ask?
Presumably, the person who demoted them and the person who was demoted. You may ask anyone for a recount of the event in a private message or on Skype, but may we please keep this thread on track?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I suppose an @pyrocide is out of the question for each and every one of you? I still am around, you know.

As far as things with me go, feel free to speak to Sally and myself about the issue. I encourage you to take in everything from both sides and form your own conclusion as to what happened, if you are so inclined to seek out the truth of the matter.

However, for the sake of continued peace on the forum and on the server, I kindly ask that the issue dealing with me to please be dropped. There is really no need to drag such inconveniences into public discourse.

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
I suppose an @pyrocide is out of the question for each and every one of you? I still am around, you know.

As far as things with me go, feel free to speak to Sally and myself about the issue. I encourage you to take in everything from both sides and form your own conclusion as to what happened, if you are so inclined to seek out the truth of the matter.

However, for the sake of continued peace on the forum and on the server, I kindly ask that the issue dealing with me to please be dropped. There is really no need to drag such inconveniences into public discourse.
Well said, I am ashamed I have egged on the conversation

Matto225

The White Mage
Since this is something of a free-for-all with the comments, may I politely inquire as to why Bean/Benjimin was banned? That was something that wasn't really answered and I'd quite like to know the reason (if thats alright?)

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Since this is something of a free-for-all with the comments, may I politely inquire as to why Bean/Benjimin was banned? That was something that wasn't really answered and I'd quite like to know the reason (if thats alright?)
Yesterday, I disliked cherberts post in which he mocked Brokkscast because of his bad grammar and today I find I am banned. If i'm banned simply because I disliked one persons post then that really is low. YOU implemented the use of the negative buttons, so why are you so offended when someone uses them on you?
I do believe this is the closest we've got to an explanation until the big-man comes in here himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.