Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Calling all Space engineers players!

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
I've started keeping my survival open to public. Join me sometime if you see it, it's called "Public Survival of Cykran"

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
Update: I have managed to find the original map. I lost some data when my Computer was upgraded, I'm ready to start bringing you all in the world if you want to help build it up, We need a chat room to decide how we should go about things, Message me over steam or This Forum if you want me to start up the world, My steam name is: Jaypate, my profile pic is a weird trollface, you cant miss it XD

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
This will be returning as a project, will need more people
I will be willing to participate, howeeeeveeerrr I will be unable to paly until I have my new PC (which could be as soon as the start of October and as late as indefinitely.) PC I used to use for it died, so moment of silence for that.

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
Well Im waiting for planets to be released right now, As the storyline I want to go with on the server requires them, I will leave a full description of the storyline of the SE RP server in due time here

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
Oooh! Interesting! I'm up for it... actually playing right now, trying to build a colony ship.

Yep, planets are the reason I am building a colony ship. Storyline sounds like an interesting idea though.
Could you make a run down/ damaged copy of that ship too? I want to go with the distopian theme

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
So I have 2 options for a theme of the server, these will decide the backstory:
  1. Survival of the fittest, resources are in short supply, You must salvage wrecks and search abandoned bases and stations in order to keep your ships in working order - Meteor showers included... as if your character will get any other type of shower in this situation :p
  2. Maybe a prequel to the first: factions on the brink of war with each other, you can chose to play them or be a lone wolf, Resources are easier to come by - Meteor showers also included.
Or submit your own option if you wish!

I have already thought up the storyline and the many other things about the first option, to me it sounds very appealing, the second one seems good too... What are your thoughts?

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
I feel like it may be wiser to have a storyline perhaps promoting an abundant but non-growing amount of resources (IE there's a bunch but the means to make more are in short supply.) Like maybe in the start there is a fair amount of infrastructure all owned by a group without near enough manpower or resources to control everything. Just seems more functional to me.

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
I feel like it may be wiser to have a storyline perhaps promoting an abundant but non-growing amount of resources (IE there's a bunch but the means to make more are in short supply.) Like maybe in the start there is a fair amount of infrastructure all owned by a group without near enough manpower or resources to control everything. Just seems more functional to me.
So like a midpoint between options 1 and 2? I Like it. I dont want people to rely on mining but instead venturing out and scavenging the resources from wrecks. I want fuel to be rarer than other resources. And this would invoke conflicts over refuel stations. The same with Ammo. I dont necessarily want to see many player owned stations much either rather for them to be constantly on the move, further encouraged by meteor showers. This is what I aim for in this little project/ SE RP server

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
One question of note however is whether the pre-existing infrastructure will have advanced parts like refineries and assemblers (and to a lesser extent drills, grinders, welders, weapons etc.) And at the same time the ratio between functioning and more wreck-esque ships in the leftover infrastructure will be an important factor.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
BTW, you don't need to give people a list of mods. Going onto a modded server automatically installs mods. I last played a few months ago but I doubt they changed it.

I'd recommend the Armour without Edges mod for better looking armour, CSD's weapons (minus the Afterburner) for more rooty tooty shooty. Armour Ramps for the same reason as Armour without Edges, and Armoured Thrusters.

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
If I'm honest, the survival/scavenger mechanic seems interesting and all but including meteor-showers will make it something of a nightmare...
Also, we going to have a station of sorts?

I think SE has potential for great servers similar to Hollowworld, if the right mods are used. We need NPCs though.
By no means will I set the Meteor shower option to a high difficulty. It would probably be at the normal.

One question of note however is whether the pre-existing infrastructure will have advanced parts like refineries and assemblers (and to a lesser extent drills, grinders, welders, weapons etc.) And at the same time the ratio between functioning and more wreck-esque ships in the leftover infrastructure will be an important factor.
The state of the salvage will vary. Some ships can be reused without the need scrap it. By no means will this be a common thing. And as for the likes of equipment such as mining equipment will wont be particularly rare to find. But rare to find in working order. I dont wish to see them solely rely on mining but i wont stop them from doing so as it could lead to interesting aspects such as small civilisations rising up via mining... Esencially making it a trade route. We could literally watch a civilisation rise once more infront of us. I find it appealling.

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
In addition to my last point we would see places like Gasstown from Mad Max popping up... Holding trade power etc etc leading to interesting things maybe such as corruption and revolution...

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
Never actually used them before except in my first few games... in which I had it set to high. Just don't like the idea of working hard on a ship for it to suddenly be torn apart by the forces of nature.

You actually planning on making a server like this? With the random spawns and all? Didn't think it was entirely possible... perhaps I should start playing some MP servers for once...

Never seen Mad Max but the idea sounds interesting enough. We planning on getting more people outside of HW on this, or is it just us playing?
Unfortunately im not sure if it is possible however i was planning on spawning in the wrecked ships myself. However there is an option that spawns in wreckage. Maybe i could use that or try to?

Im not sure who will join yet currently i need to worry about making the map etc. I wonder what the player maximum is for a non dedicated server..

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Unfortunately im not sure if it is possible however i was planning on spawning in the wrecked ships myself. However there is an option that spawns in wreckage. Maybe i could use that or try to?

Im not sure who will join yet currently i need to worry about making the map etc. I wonder what the player maximum is for a non dedicated server..
I have never in my life found the wreckage ships that supposedly spawn so often. I feel like throwing some derelict other ships about is the best course of action. Maybe have a bunch of prefabricated-style abandoned small mining bases. Would be interesting to see how people turn them into things like ships and the like.