Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Civilization V

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Does anybody still play this game?

I got it some months ago, and have only played Singleplayer so far. Is there anyone here who I can play with? :p

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
YES I PLAY IT ALLLL THE TIME I LOVE IT SO MUCH c:

I need Brave new world though, I have gods and kings. I'm always up for a game (Please note, I never take this seriously unless I'm told at the start ''Diarmuid, this game is srs bisnis.'')

-K9

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Diarmuid, this game is srs bisnis.

I have the Gold Edition, which includes and Gods and Kings pack amirite? I atleast think so.

I wunnah play with'u! As long as you don't invade me immediately, and atleast play strategically :p

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Diarmuid, this game is srs bisnis.

I have the Gold Edition, which includes and Gods and Kings pack amirite? I atleast think so.

I wunnah play with'u! As long as you don't invade me immediately, and atleast play strategically :p

What Civ do you play the mostest?

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Greece and America, mostly Greece :p

When I don't play one of those, I just choose one that's quick with technology or makes great money and is good for trading :p

In vanilla I always play either Germany or France, in G&K I play either Boudicca of the Celts or William of the Netherlands, both are the most fun to play eeeeveeeeer ;D

What's your steam?

-K9

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Brave New World is amazing. Got it when it came on sale for the summer sale. Completely changes the game. The culture/tourism aspect in the expansion makes it so that you are directly competing for the best culture, instead of before when it was just who could build the most culture producing buildings to win.

Also, they must have done some reworking on the AI because they act so much more tolerable now. Used to be that if I started on the same continent as another civ I knew that they were going to try and wipe me out generally before the medieval age if they could. This time though everyone is being much less war-inclined, and I suppose it's because the world council meetings can wreck a civ that is obviously trying to win by military. You can pass motions to stop the rest of the world from trading with a civ, or force high taxes for military units, as well as a number of other options.

They also reworked the spy system so that you can send them to other nations as diplomats instead of spies. They won't steal tech like spies can, but they still gather information like spies do, and they don't cause any bad feelings with the nation like spies do if caught.

My favorite nations are Korea for their insane science, Japan for military (that damage as though at full health is amazing), and Siam for a diplomatic victory. However, if you want to just get silly overpowered, Arabia with a focus on religion getting the quick desert children pantheon bonus (+1 religion point per desert worked) along with their trading route bonuses and +/per city religious perks, they can dominate a game very quickly. The new expansion made their silliness even more absurd, as they gave more gold for the new caravan mechanics, as well as longer distance able to travel, and these caravans help spread religion.... ugh, it's just sick how powerful the Arabic nation can be.

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
ugh, it's just sick how powerful the Arabic nation can be.

From what I understand, nerf incoming for the Arabic nation.

So we have four people who play Civ V, how many of you, besides Backstay and I, are up for a multiplayer game and what're your timezones?

Why does pyrocide always make really long posts?
Because he is a man that doesn't speak often but says a lot (From what I've seen c:)

-K9

Backstay

Lord of Altera
My timezone is GMT +1.

I'm ready anytime during the summer holidays, as I'm up until I don't have anything to do.

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
My timezone is GMT +1.

I'm ready anytime during the summer holidays, as I'm up until I don't have anything to do.

I'm BST at teh momento, but like Backstay I'm available always.

-K9

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Well, it really depends on when it goes on sale and the prize it will be at.

But I won't be getting any money before on Friday, and it's not that much money.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Anyone wanna join me and Backstay in a game now?
I got Civ 5: Gold Edition and Backstay is introducing me to multiplayer so if anyone wants to join we can give you say, 10 minutes, before we start?

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Got both BNW and G&K so I'm always up for a game. As long as I'm Venice.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I have just bought Civ 5, and maybe playing it for first would be best with some friends to teach me:p