Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Commission the Gecko

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Thats not a dragon,

that is a wyvern, the difference? Dragons either have wings on their back or don't have any, wyverns wings attach to their arms (all "dragons" in skyrim are actually wyverns ^^) the red thing looks like a demon....unless its an anthro dragon (btw, you have amazing art)
ahahahaha actually.

the whole "wyvern vs dragon" thing is kinda sketchy on numerous details. sometimes a wyvern is a type of dragon, sometimes its the only type of dragon, sometimes wyverns don't exist, and sometimes they're "pseudodragons".

but that's not the story.

The red one looks like the damn balrock.
heresy blue/white dragons are the good guys
both of ya are kinda right on this, that is indeed a good dragon and a "balrock" battling, with a dark elf between them.

this is a backstory piece from my Pathfinder campaign setting. it depicts the epic battle of Nevina Dubhan, liberator of Drownarren.

you see, long ago, the Eyl-va wandered all corners of the earth, seeking a clue to the location of the lost gods. one group's journey led them deep underground, where they struggled to survive. their innate magic allowed them to adapt to an extent, but in order to live without light, they needed more. thus, the aid of demons was sought, and the Eyl-va were transformed into Drow, with black skin and luminous white eyes that let them see in even the darkest shadow. the Drow flourished in their new home, and founded the sprawling city of Drownarren. but, as per the deal, the drow were made into the servants of the demon lord. thus it was for many years, until Nevina Dubhan

Nevina Dubhan was a scout, who searched through dark and unknown tunnels for treasure and goods to bring back to Drownarren. it was in her many wanderings that she stumbled upon the long lost "New Moon Cavern," the mythical birthplace of Agau, the first of the dragons. here, she heard the voice of Agau's mother, the moon goddess Yomi, who spoke to Nevina the path to become free of the demon lord. it was not a path of power, but rather, of honor, and of truth. things happened that I haven't figured out yet, where Nevina gains divine blessing, leads the people of Drownarren to battle against the demons who had enslaved them, finally leading up to this last fight, where Agau himself comes to defeat the demon lord.

Midnightchan

Storm's Landing Wanderer
ahahahaha actually.

the whole "wyvern vs dragon" thing is kinda sketchy on numerous details. sometimes a wyvern is a type of dragon, sometimes its the only type of dragon, sometimes wyverns don't exist, and sometimes they're "pseudodragons".

but that's not the story.

both of ya are kinda right on this, that is indeed a good dragon and a "balrock" battling, with a dark elf between them.

this is a backstory piece from my Pathfinder campaign setting. it depicts the epic battle of Nevina Dubhan, liberator of Drownarren.

you see, long ago, the Eyl-va wandered all corners of the earth, seeking a clue to the location of the lost gods. one group's journey led them deep underground, where they struggled to survive. their innate magic allowed them to adapt to an extent, but in order to live without light, they needed more. thus, the aid of demons was sought, and the Eyl-va were transformed into Drow, with black skin and luminous white eyes that let them see in even the darkest shadow. the Drow flourished in their new home, and founded the sprawling city of Drownarren. but, as per the deal, the drow were made into the servants of the demon lord. thus it was for many years, until Nevina Dubhan

Nevina Dubhan was a scout, who searched through dark and unknown tunnels for treasure and goods to bring back to Drownarren. it was in her many wanderings that she stumbled upon the long lost "New Moon Cavern," the mythical birthplace of Agau, the first of the dragons. here, she heard the voice of Agau's mother, the moon goddess Yomi, who spoke to Nevina the path to become free of the demon lord. it was not a path of power, but rather, of honor, and of truth. things happened that I haven't figured out yet, where Nevina gains divine blessing, leads the people of Drownarren to battle against the demons who had enslaved them, finally leading up to this last fight, where Agau himself comes to defeat the demon lord.
Actually, story and mythology are two different things, you can call a wyvern a dragon all you like, but that doesnt change the characteristics of the wyvern and the dragon ^^ of course, each story has different lore from our world, but that doesnt change the lire of our world :3 (no disrespect ment btw!)

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Actually, story and mythology are two different things, you can call a wyvern a dragon all you like, but that doesnt change the characteristics of the wyvern and the dragon ^^ of course, each story has different lore from our world, but that doesnt change the lire of our world :3 (no disrespect ment btw!)
Just so this nice thread doesn't get derailed any further, I'm going to point you to this.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wyvern

As you can see, the definition simply says "dragon-like" and "barbed tail." Gaby's picture doesn't seem to have a barbed tail, so this means it is not a wyvern. I direct you to email dictionary.com with your complaints if you feel this is incorrect. Otherwise, /rerail.

And to set things back in motion - gaby, you do some amazing work, I'm sad to hear requests are down. When do you imagine you may be able to take on new projects?

Midnightchan

Storm's Landing Wanderer
Just so this nice thread doesn't get derailed any further, I'm going to point you to this.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wyvern

As you can see, the definition simply says "dragon-like" and "barbed tail." Gaby's picture doesn't seem to have a barbed tail, so this means it is not a wyvern. I direct you to email dictionary.com with your complaints if you feel this is incorrect. Otherwise, /rerail.

And to set things back in motion - gaby, you do some amazing work, I'm sad to hear requests are down. When do you imagine you may be able to take on new projects?
I've done a lot of research on dragons and wyverns in mythology, dictionary.com doesnt cover the full spectrum of the differences, not all wyverns have barbed tails, but you know what they /do/ have? Wings attached to their arms and sides instead of their backs like a dragon which gabys picture clearly has ^^

Anyways, /rerail (if you want to debate dragons vs wyverns with me further just send a message btw)

Your pictures are awesome gaby