Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Creative "swearing"

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Let me start off by saying that I like that this is a clean server where the use of offensive words is not only frowned upon but actively battled.
That said, I was seeing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66K65z5lxlk and I could not help to relate it to our server.
The words we use to curse are part of what shapes our personality and it is rather odd to think that a pirate in Altera would be as polite as a 18th century proper lady.
Sometimes there is really no other way to express frustration, anger or even happiness than a good bit of colorful language. And that's where "creative swearing" comes into play.
My Alaila, for exemple, uses the expressions "by the raining pine cones" when she is really upset. If she gets really, really angry she might even call someone a birch, as the person is as narrow and pasty looking as the tree to her eyes.
I'm very curious about what other players use to do this.
So share! What colorful expressions do your characters use?

Paragory

Legend of Altera
Unfortunately, I'm restricted to the fact my character doesn't tend to do anything creative with emotions. However, I think it's safe to say that when "Altera Swearing", the use of commonly known gods or goddesses is a generally good idea. "By Harateth's beard!" and other things of that nature. If you're looking for a laugh, or even a serious Shakespearean come-back, take a gander:

Alpha

The Watcher
I am the king of Pirates in Altera, but I am also a gentleman so I combine the two, to give a polite Pirate with a very dark sense of humour and a hint of swagger.

Yes it's nice to have fundamentals, but let's not forget this is roleplaying, and a server full of people acting the same would be very... very boring.

matyio

The original mute
generally as a rule, this applies in my everyday life, i try not to swear. The only reason I began to swear was because at my secondry school everybody did it, it was socially acceptable, and so I started doing it without realising. In the few weeks after school broke up saw a dramatic decline in my use of swear words. Now i use words like balls, and other such strange things. I sometimes even say stuff is carp (rearange to see what i mean) and that is more acceptable.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
We had a thread about this before, had a massive list but the only one that really stuck was...

"By Betty's Beard!"

I personally use Plum instead of idiot and other words that are worse but of the same meaning. People say things to me like "I'm not a fruit!" and "Eat me!" but its better than point blank swearing at them.

By the way Alail... Please don't ever typo Birch, it may have nasty complications...

Alailanible

I don't plan to. The only visit I want to make to the jail in Altera is as a visitor, bringing those poor souls some bread. :p

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Is there even a way to visit the prison without being inside a cell?
Not unless a moderator tps you there, which is a bit anti-RP. I think villagers should be supplied with rotten fruit to throw at the prisoners and laugh at them.

Wait, nobody else enjoys that? What do you people do for fun these days...

Alailanible

Instead of a indoor prison you could have an outdoor display of outlaws in shackles. And there could even be egg-throwing competitions.

Jinx

Lord of Altera
I need to fight my habit of swearing as i am Scottish and all swear words are basicly in the dictionary. I need to think of words to say. My character is a Scottish Dark Elf so this may be difficult.

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
well if there goes cookie in the stuff i do i use to say bix.. or eeep..
but if i get hurt i use to say piiiiiv xD which is my kind of holy [bleeb]

LuxAeturna

I think I might like it here
I "swear" In Greek or Latin. Unitheisim contains no injunction against "using the lords name in vain" so ill often say "theos!", "deo" or "kyrie!". Though, being a monk, I am more likely to start reciting plainchant devotions interminably than to swear at you, or my misfortune...
for example...
~Kýrie eléi̱son se af̱tó , ton doúlon sou... *continues for several minutes until someone throws a shoe at him*~

matyio

The original mute
Ooc I might say something about a donkey, which only certain people will get E.G. Youre a pain In the donkey

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Here's a list of my ones:
By Notch's name!
Holy mooshroom!
You pig blooded mortal! (Vampire swear :p)
Oh, shhhheep...
Pig you!
You smell like nether wart...
Have a nice day, you fermented spider eye...