Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Cynthia Gallente) - Application [Approved-Abbey]

Teeke

Lord of Altera
About You

1) What is your Minecraft username?
mucusBONES

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?
New York

4) Have you read our guides?
Yes

5) Introduce yourself!
Hello! I'm Mike. I've been roleplaying in many forms for ...oh goodness... most of my life now. I love just about all forms of rp, which is actually how I found this server. (Found it through a search on minecraftforums.net) I'm usually running a game wherever I find myself, and almost always rely heavily on text and die rolls to solve conflicts. (I have a permanent handicap and always roll 0 on all critical rolls.) Hopefully I can get in cozy here and play a good game.
Otherwise, I'm a photographer and musician. I'll upload an example of my work, and feel free to comment (somewhere?) because I'm always open for critique. I'm currently working on sound design for a play that's going to debut in NYC in a few weeks. I'm also the bassist for the band Confrontation.
Oh, I'm also REALLY into Eve Online, and am roleplaying there just about all the time. I'm hoping to carry my character over here.

6) Got any examples of your work?
The Rot by Confrontation

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 05-10-13 cg 1.png04-28-13 Cynthia 1.jpg

Attachments

Teeke

Lord of Altera
About your character

Name
Cynthia Gallente

Race
Human (Gallente)

Appearance
Cynthia is young and typically full of life. Her exuberance is bolstered by the fact that she's thin and short, she stands 5' 3" with her shoes off and weighs in at 95 pounds, after a shower.
She's got medium length blonde hair but, her roots seem ever so slightly darker.
Her lips are thin, and her mouth small. She has a lot to say, but doesn't always speak up.
Her most notable feature would be her rabbit ears. The hang from the side of her head, attaching soundly (get it?) where human ears normally sit. They are similar in colour to the rest of her hair, with dark brown towards the tips.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The Test

I awaken.
I wake up. I've been sleeping? How long have I been asleep?
My eyes open, slowly making out blurry objects in my room. Oh, I'm in my room.
My dresser, the shower, that lamp. Everything comes into focus.
I'm lying on my back, on my bed, looking up at the ceiling.
I sit up. My feet swing down and almost touch the floor, if I stick my toes down and wiggle I can touch it.
I push myself up with my hands, I stand.
In front of me, to my right just a little bit, is the shower.
The shower's near my bed because of the layout of my house. It's mostly a large room with furniture breaking it up and giving the slight illusion of rooms.
The sink is in front of me. I look in the mirror above the sink.
What is this I'm looking at?
I touch my forehead, and a sharp shooting pain shoots through me.
OW!
I lean in to get a better look, I see a bloody bruise on my head.
What... happened?

I lean back, looking away from the mirror. I see my front door is open.
I go to the door, unfamiliar smells begin to fill my nose.
I get closer, the light seems somehow unfamiliar.
I touch the door, the heat of the star has warmed the knob, it feels good in my hand.
Pulling open the door reveals an environment that's completely alien to me.
This isn't my house!
Where am I?!
I don't know these trees, this forest.
These trees are large, very large.
The trees are knew were puny compared to these.

I hang onto the door for a moment or so. Perhaps a bit longer.
Eventually I work up the courage to head outside.
A spry man nearly collides with me, as he hurriedly carries some lumber.
He apologizes and asks if I'm alright.
I tell him I'm fine, even though I'm not fine at all.
He smiles, then continues on his way.
Glancing around further confounds me.
I lived alone, but here I see many other homes near mine.
I'm still calling it my home. I don't even know where I am, but I'm calling this place my home.
I look back, at my home, and nod to myself.
I walk down a path, looking around casually, trying not to stick out like a tourist.
No one seems to look twice, even though I'm the only one here with rabbit ears.
Their ears are long too, maybe that's why they don't have an issue with it.

I approach some one who's resting on a bench.
I say hello, they greet me in return.
Where are we, I ask.
She giggles.
I tell her that I'm serious, I really have no idea where we are.
Teradel, I think she says.
I nod and act like I know where that is.
I don't though.
She gets up, and smiles at me and wishes me a good day.
I smile back and thank her.

I sit alone on a bench, in an alien land, with nothing but the clothes on my back and a strange new home.
And I smile.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Nice work! I only have 1, slightly larger, problem.
Her most notable feature would be her rabbit ears. The hang from the side of her head, attaching soundly (get it?) where human ears normally sit. They are similar in colour to the rest of her hair, with dark brown towards the tips.
We don't really have 'things' like that. No mixed-up races, no furries, no unique extra body pieces.. (Wow.. that sounded wrong.. xD) You're application is very nice, I love it in fact. I just want to make it clear that we don't have that. :) Make sure you read the lore again.. ;)
Teradel, you mean.. Tauredel?
Also... there is an edit button.. xD Make sure to use that when visiting the other forums.
Your application is almost ready to be approved, all you need to do is answer the two following questions correctly. You will be able to find all the answers either on our forums or on the wiki, the link for which can be found near the top of the page. Remember to read everything carefully, some of the answers may be rather discreet.

What is the unit of currency in Altera?
What are the core playable races that do not require special permission?

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Yes, I did mean Tauredel, but as someone whom is unfamiliar with the place (and downright horrible with names) that's what she thought she heard.

I've used the edit button on a few of my posts already, yay me.
And I can scrap the bunny ears, although I do have a heap big sentimental attachment (and genetic attachment! :p ) to them.

The currency of Alera is
Radiants

The core playable races
Caparii - Goat men
Dwarves - Shorties
Earthspawn - Bullies
Elves - Elves
Greylings - Uglies
Halflings - Another kind of Shorties
Humans - Humans

(non playable races for new players, you didn't ask for this but I'm gonna list it anyway)
Syrie - Mermaids
Nakam - Ohoh! I should say one of my parents are from this race, but that's not true in the slightest. These are catfolk

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Yes, I did mean Tauredel, but as someone whom is unfamiliar with the place (and downright horrible with names) that's what she thought she heard.
I've used the edit button on a few of my posts already, yay me.
And I can scrap the bunny ears, although I do have a heap big sentimental attachment (and genetic attachment! :p ) to them.

The currency of Alera is
Radiants

The core playable races
Caparii - Goat men
Gnomes - Shorties
Earthspawn - Bullies
Elves - Elves
Greylings - Uglies
Halflings - Another kind of Shorties
Humans - Humans

(non playable races for new players, you didn't ask for this but I'm gonna list it anyway)
Syrie - Mermaids
Nakam - Ohoh! I should say one of my parents are from this race, but that's not true in the slightest. These are catfolk

We don't have gnomes.. xD That was an extra.. but just a side note.. You cannot mix any races!
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Tips on roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack
Role-Play training camp
The Players' Handbook
The Role-Play Character Assistance Team(RP-CAT)

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.