Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Donations

RexJen

Lord of Altera
due to radiants themselves not being part of vanilla minecraft, or an item, they still get given out with donations, as they dont do anything on there own? just asking as i will probebly be donating again, and i reaaaaaly want thoes 50k from donating T_T
Actually, emeralds are part of vanilla minecraft. they are used for decoration and trading with villagers (npcs)

aidoninja

Lord of Altera
Legend
aidenninja
aidenninja
Legend
Actually, emeralds are part of vanilla minecraft. they are used for decoration and trading with villagers (npcs)
donations, you get rads directly, not emeralds, unless you got Emerald galore, or at-least i think you do XD don't quote me on that XDXDXDXD :heart:

aidoninja

Lord of Altera
Legend
aidenninja
aidenninja
Legend
in my personal opinion, i agree with what mojang are trying to do, stop pay-to-win servers, but this is probably gonna end some of the smaller servers who have a small player base , so its kinda the wrong way of going around it, ps sorry if there is another thread for this :p

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
in my personal opinion, i agree with what mojang are trying to do, stop pay-to-win servers, but this is probably gonna end some of the smaller servers who have a small player base , so its kinda the wrong way of going around it, ps sorry if there is another thread for this :p
Hey it's alright!
I agree in a bit, small servers and also- larger servers will suffer a lot from this, I'm a bit worried for my favourite games like the Hive and Minez and can only hope that they'll be okay. But in the end, I think it's a great thing xD honestly I've always loved games that aren't pay-to-win, like Path of Exile, it makes it more fair and fun for everyone.

aidoninja

Lord of Altera
Legend
aidenninja
aidenninja
Legend
like the idea, not the method, but there isnt really a better way of doing it without getting a lot of people to go through and play on all the servers, but its a good idea , just hope servers can cope, also, hive can probably use the ads as they are a huge server :p , servers with large amounts of players have a better shot at getting the adds

overlord2304

Lord of Altera
le sigh, just don't continue the server if this realy starts to damage it, I'd rather have no Hollowworld than have it's memory damaged

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Alright, I'm gonna assume two things:
You mean damage as in physical or memory damage to the actual server. Nothing changes this except updates to MC, which happens to every server.

If you mean your memory of HollowWorld, then no. We're not going to remove the server just because someone doesn't like where it's going. EULA is going to affect ALL servers, NO server will be able to charge irl cash for ingame cash, NO server can charge money for extra perks like chunk claiming, grief protection and a bunch of stuff I've forgotten.

Yes, a lot of servers will probably disappear and fail under this new system. HollowWorld has been through a lot of change, and it's staying here for the people willing to see through that change, not the ones that quit.

overlord2304

Lord of Altera
What I meant is that I'd rather see the server disapear than have it become so half assed hole in the ground IF things can't be afforded anymore

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I know there has been consideration to introduce emerald-gains in hopes to combat our resource sinks (the Fast Travel, etc.) with this new release.

overlord2304

Lord of Altera
I know there has been consideration to introduce emerald-gains in hopes to combat our resource sinks (the Fast Travel, etc.) with this new release.
But...isn't it more logical to get rid of the resource sinks instead of giving out more money causing inflation making the money you gave worth less...

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
But...isn't it more logical to get rid of the resource sinks instead of giving out more money causing inflation making the money you gave worth less...
The resource sinks have more purpose than just being resource sinks.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
It wouldn't be giving out! A sort of trade system for emeralds, perhaps :D

So due to a fair exchange of goods, there shouldn't be much magical wealth spawning into the world.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Because Som works long shifts between now and the first, donations have been moved into compliance with the EULA. We'll be investigating ways to allow people to continue earning emeralds.

We also ask that you continue in your support of the server, as without your donations, the server would eventually have to be closed.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So we'd been tossing about a few ideas. When I'm not on a work cycle I'll post some, but it's honestly a bit down on my list of priorities right at the moment.