Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Dwarven City] Tahkul Rimtar

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This town has changed a lot! This thread's purpose is to see how it used to be before being stripped from valuables and turned into a ruin. Find the new town here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/ruin-tahkul-rimtar.24860/

Tahkul Rimtar's region was once called Khuldas, a Dwarven city that was going to be build for Diplomacy purposes, but it was never build. There has been a pretty big discussion about who really owned this region, in the end it's been reclaimed to be called Tahkul Rimtar.

It is the city of House Locun. Locun means Rise in the old Dwarven language. It is a Dwarven House. The goal of Locun is to reunite all the lost Dwarves after the clan-wars and put them under the banner of Yearnen. Locun is an intellectual house who aspire to record the history of Altera and to bring all books scattered in our world into one giant archive. Tahkul Rimtar fulfills the role of a City of Knowledge and provides space for Dwarves to live. The whole fortress-city is built in Dwarven architecture. This is the city where the Hall of Diplomacy, The Horgâr Hall and The Archive of Altera is present.

The founder of House Locun and Tahkul Rimtar is Krummi 'The Bald'. Krummi is the former librarian of Thraall and a Dwarven Scientist. This explains his love to write and read books. Tahkul Rimtar is freely translated: Book's Castle. This name was chosen, because Krummi raised most of the funds to realize the city by selling the books he wrote.

Tahkul Rimtar has among others a bow and arrow as town-sigil. It is situated near a Greyling village called Chanac. The bow-pattern on the floor in the center-hall is aimed at this village, for Greylings have a vicious reputation. You can reach Tahkul Rimtar by travelling with an Airship. Tahkul Rimtar's Airship is docked at the Airshipdocks, fifth ship on the left! You can also use the Airship in Aeroch Nor.

IMAG0528.jpg
The sigil of Tahkul-Rimtar

The castle Tahkul-Rimtar holds the following chambers:
~ The Central Hall ~
The Central Hall.jpg
The Central Hall grants access to the Airdock, The Library, the residence hall and The Diplomacy Hall. It is a giant space with a tower with spiral stairs in each corner. These towers will be the docking place for other airships.
~ The Diplomacy Hall of House Locun ~
The Diplomacy Hall.jpg
The Diplomacy Hall is the hall where the big meetings of Altera are held. It is a more or less round chamber with a high ceiling. It contains nine seats, for each race one. This meeting-room will be used when catastrophies of enormous proportion happen to Altera: Like corruption and Queen Grief striking again.

~ The Hallway Bar ~
The Hallway Inn.jpg
The Bar is a place where Alterans can meet up each other or an other race and just sit, relax and talk about whatever they feel like. It's a place without obligations and where you'll always hear the laughter of Dwarves. The bar has a display of strong drinks and a basement with its own brewery, for the Barkeeper to experiment on.

~ The Laboratory ~
laboratory.jpg
The laboratory is the place where Krummi still runs his experiments. It holds 4 observation tables, one examination table, an observatory, 4 brewingstands with 4 cauldrons with 5 classes of potionchests, a netherwart provision and an unending pool of water.

~ The Temple of Korog ~
Temple of Korog.jpg
Tahkul-Rimtar is a Dwarven city. It could never have been built to such a glory without the help of the gods. Or rather one god; the dwarven god Korog. That is why a temple was constructed to honor his presence in Altera.

~ Fishing Pond and animal farms ~
fishing pond.jpg

At the end of the halls where the residences are, there is a small fishing pond. In this outside-area there is also a big farm near a spring and three animal-farms with a breeding-section under the ground.

~ The Dungeon ~
Tahkul-Rimtar has got a dungeon. It's a wild maze of alleyways and dark halls where you could easily get lost in. Krummi knows the way as he has already explored this labyrinth. The Dungeon is the ideal place to hide things that should not be found. It also gives access to The Horgâr Hall.​
~ The Great Library of Tahkul-Rimtar ~
Library of Tahkul-Rimtar.jpg
Last but not least: the library, with probably the biggest archive that can be found on Altera. It's immense and you will need the librarian or a map of the sections to find the book you are looking for, if anyone has got knowledge archived in their city, it is Tahkul-Rimtar: Books Castle!
The Library currently holds 188 different books!

Below is a map of the library with Letters showing you where which sections are.
LIBRARY.JPG
The Sections are:
A - Journals of various authors ~ 37 books.
B - Jokes ~ 6 books.
C - Gods and Beliefs ~ 6 books.
D - Dedicated to Lambmaster's writings ~ 10 books.
E - Poetry ~ 3 books.
F - Creatures ~ 5 books.
G - Places and Spaces ~ 12 books.
H- Others ~ 6 books.
I - Prophecies ~ 5 books.
J - Songs ~ 10 books.
K - Guides ~ 22 books.
L - Stories ~ 14 books.
M - History ~ 10 books.
N - Races of Alterra ~ 13 books.
O - Magick ~ 17 books.

Last edited:

Spark

Broken
rauyran said:
When I hawkeyed it a while back I thought it was tywin, but we don't have those logs now and I may be misremembering.
:( oh well, is it actually there and only the region removed or was the entire thing wiped?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Well, If this fuss about Khuldas and Tahkul-Rimtar will remain, I will gladly move all my stuff back to Thraall and stop building the city, because i'm experiencing more negative feelings on this project than positive. It's up to you guys, I've had enough.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Hope you're not seeing negative from me. I'm just reporting what I saw. As I said in our convo, I'm cool with a new city being built there and very keen to see more dwarven activity.

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
Yes and Lonmar is about to give it back to Yearnen, to help the dwarfs get their old might back.
So are there any buildings or build stuff which is called Khuldas or is it just unused nature, where a city was planned from Tang?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Ok, it seems I understood it wrongly then, my apologies! Khuldas does not exist anymore, It is now called Tahkul-Rimtar, though the region is the same. Nothing has been build there yet, we own 2 plots and I have put all my chests and stuff in one of the plots. thanks for explaining the situation to me.:rolleyes:

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
I can spread some enlightenment on Khuldas
I had created Khuldas with 10 Plots for the Dwarven Empire, I owned the region; however the shaft had just finished so we prioritised that yet the region glitched and Khuldas got deleted, which we were later to contact Barry about (That was Tang's Job so I don't know if he ever asked)
I owned the region and yes it was there, planned and ready to start building, but got deleted in a glitch, this is from what I know
To say the least, I wasn't that happy that I lost the 75k I spent on that place and it got claimed by somebody else without my permission, but nothing we can do now and least it's in Dwarven hands, huh?
Also, when did Lonmar start owning Thraall?