Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Leoric (luke) Packman

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Central Character of this event:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/adventure-in-regions.38980/

INTROVID:

General Information:
Known as:
"The Packman" for carrying a pack of wares with him.
Known as: Leoric the Elder
Also known as: The Packman/ Packy/ Travelling Salesman / That Mushroom Guy / Luke / Pack/ Leoric

The Packman in short:
He's an ambitious man, but will never push for what he wants to achieve at the cost of others. He views everyone as equal. As one of the heads of the colony, he tries to encourage people to get things done, but isn't much of a leader. He's kind, respects others, open to ideas. He's not a tough guy and would rather shy away from a fight than to engage in one. He'll try to prevent getting into a fight if it's possible.
Race: Human
Current Residence: Mockingbay
Relationship Status: Single shingle.
Social Status: Respected by some, looked down upon by others
Voice:
Luke Packman Leoric.jpg
Physical Appearance:
Height:
1,80 m
Weight: 80 kg
Eye Color: Gray
Skin Color: slightly tanned, quite worn, wrinkles start to form.
Distinguishing Features: Wears an old leather hat, has a grey beard, bald top of head, his left leg is replaced with a wooden peg.
Build of Body: Average, strong back to carry things and perform manual labor
Hair Color: Grey now.
Hair Style: untended or combed. Put behind his ears and reaches halfway his neck in the back. The beard is long. (check picture)

Personality:
Trading, bartering, gambling, drinking, secrets, travelling.
Dislikes: Being frowned upon, being made fun of, when people do not take him seriously.
Strengths: A keen eye for items in demand, a good sense of prices, stamina to travel long days, able to perform manual labor.
Weaknesses: wooden peg, slow, trusts people easily.
Fears: To lose his freedom (jail), to lose his ability to travel, To lose his other limbs, crocodiles, tribesmen.
Values: Regards others as equals, respects those who earned a higher rank as superior, pretends to respect superiors that in his eyes do not deserve that rank.
Languages: Common
General Attitude: Open to all, eager to tell and hear a story.
Religious Inclination: Devout to The Grey Lady
General Intelligence: Average to high.
General Sociability: loves to share a tale. Loves to hear of adventures
Alignment: Lawful Good
packman.jpg
Future:
Short Term Goals:

To keep his Pet-store from bankrupcy
To find people to find artifacts for the museum
To enjoy another adventure with trusted friends
Long Term Goals:
To one day have achieved something to be remembered by: setting up Fort Toil with the other colonists.
To fill his museum entirely with artifacts

Possessions:
Wardrobe:

At the colony: a cotton shirt with a brown soft leather jacket over it, along with soft leather trousers, finished with a sturdy travelers boot and a wooden peg.
Got a set of Rabbit-fur gloves that he won from pumpkin-hunting at the halloween festival of '16 Lirakitty Sir Saltington
Jewelry: If he has any, he doesn't wear them but sells them as soon as possible for profit.
Pets/Animals: A whole bunch of them in his pet-shop.
Owned Homes: Living next to his petshop in Mockingbay
Carried Inventory: Flint and Steel, Winter-cloth, Canteen, Stale bread, Chisel, [legit] Steel Dagger The Tottot
General Inventory:
Pack: All the items he has for sale or are of special interest to him in some way. This differs from time to time.
Wealth: a little above middle-class, but not rich enough to buy his own boat.

History:
Birthplace:
Port Silver, in a house next to the market.
Childhood: Raised by his mother, while father was away 3/4 of the time on travels as a merchant. with the brotherhood. His mother cooked for a noble lord to make a living.
Teen Years: Moved to a town called Eventine after his mom got sacked at her job with the nobles. At eventine his mother cooked for the village. Been away from home most of the time since then, along with his dad, most often. Here he learned to trade, drink, gamble, and swindle. J
Adulthood: Travels the world alone, trying to make good deals and keeping an eye out for items that might be sold for profit. Uses the tales he heard to get profit and even better tales.
Late adulthood: Sets up a colony where he strives to live a free life together with the other colonists. After having abandoned it to flee from the undead hordes, he now lives in mockingbay, with the loss of his colony in the back of his head.
Family History: His father and his father before him were merchants. In his family, the man is valued over the woman, so the lives of his mother and her mother before her were never discussed or told about.
Past Places of Residence:
Port Silver market square
Eventine village-hut
Crossroads Inn
Colony of Fort Toil
Mockingbay
Places Traveled:
Port Silver - Eventine - Compendium - Mockingbay

Combat:
Peaceful or violent:
Peaceful, but gets violent when swindled or cheated out of a trade.
Weaponry: a steel dagger
Combat Training: none as of yet

Training & Skills:
- Trading
- Gambling
- Travelling
- Staying out of harms way.

Other Trivia:
Merchant.
Hobbies/Pastimes: Gambling

Relationships:
Trusted:

Auxilius Rev, cowo5 "He's a thoughtful old man that brightens my mood when the sadness of the colony wears me down. Somehow I feel I can tell him anything and everything."

Respected:
All races. "Each race has got its own qualities. If you want to make profit, you better be sure you know how to deal with each individual race, or you might end up as poor as the cobblestones."

All nobles. "I was taught that a noble man stands above a man, you respect him, and he does not frown upon you. It's the way things go in Altera."

Erik Stoneshield BoredBrit "He drinks like a true king, by Jax! Also invited me to come over to his city in the North. If I'm ever around there, I'll sure pay it a visit."

Themis StartOmega , "He's helped me when I was in need and showed a lot of courage and skill. He's been a loyal companion. I don't know how he feels about me, but I regard him as a friend."

Ronn McBryde SirLuamTehDoge , "This man seems to be a born leader. He's taken charge of defenses in Fort Toil and the security and order of the community. I think of all people, he's the one who contributed most physically. The more I spend time with him, the better I get to know him and the higher I think of him!"

Edgar Fishymatt , "He's a doctor with a brilliant way of thinking. He's quick to think and brings a very interesting perspective to many discussions. He contributes to Fort Toil in voicing the possibilities or solutions that others do not see. As such, I respect him immensely."

Befriended:
Wulfric Sarlstorm, BoredBrit , "A strong figure who came to join the colony early on. He helped me quite well to give it a kickstart and I am thankful for it. I hope he and Odette will have many children and years to live in joy!"

Ivy Lightfur, Jazzper , "She is as silent as she is kind. Since she doesn't speak, that should say a lot! She's a true addition to Fort Toil, a great cook and well versed gatherer with lots of knowledge about nature. She should have, she's a caparii."

Liked:
Pretty much any woman. "They are as unpredictable as they are attractive!"

Kris Linkoln SirLuamTehDoge , "He brought me back a special mushroom that raccoons stole from me. Then he went and got himself three jars of honey from a massive beehive, a feat that I could not perform. And now he's gone out to kill a pack of wolf with some others. This is a man I should befriend!"

James The Tottot "I sold the man the first copy of my first book. After we started talking, he gave me a /steel/ /dagger/ for FREE! I'm surprised by this man's generosity. I'm sure that I'll be able to repay him this debt one day, though he might not consider it a debt."

Will SirLuamTehDoge "I sold him two copies of my first two books, bought a jewel off of him way below the price I should've paid and he gave me an additional 100 radiants so I can pay the rent! Best befriend this man!"

Estelar Faynman , "A silent and cute lass. I hope she'll reaches those shrooms I send her to and won't get hurt!"

Favour [USER=6452]uncrazygirl[/USER] , "A nice charming girl with a healthy interest in other people. I hope by Jax that she'll return again to have a talk!"

Lena Lirakitty "She seems brave and hardened by the sailorlife, yet still full of light-heartiness. She's a friendly person and I hope she'll be able to get back from the sorrows unharmed!"

Syrillian liadon Lirakitty "She's a hard working lass, who has the colony in her heart. Of all the women I've met, I think she's the most laboring one, deserving what she gets."

Kethron Dramaign, Heie "He seems to be a wise man, taking his time to think things over before acting. He's a mystery to me, I wonder where he came from and what his story is. He's of good help at Fort Toil and that counts for something!"

Puzlas Puzlas , "A good fella. He's a fisherman and tries to contribute to making this colony work. He seems to not feel comfortable in groups. I should try and talk some more to him some time."

Niallrys Lirakitty , "This kind woman hosted a most spectacular festival at Halloween, where I re-met a lot of old friends, and made some new friends. Amazing!"

Jacob Sir Saltington , "He's helped me with some quests before, returned that silver sickle to me. Now I met him again when he hosted a halloween festival. Amazingly done!"

Neutral:
Snerus Snerus , "I've send him off to find someone who can turn a silver ingot into a silver sickle. He seemed to be the kind of guy that won't cheat me out of this trade by not returning."

Nikolche Variclav Nikolaos "He's slain a bear and is now on the road with a company to take out a pack of wolves! If he comes back with proof he dealt with the situation, I'll sure reward him!"

Nim Spooksy_ , "I sent the girl out to an old ruin to check the loot. She comes back with more than I told her there'd be. I hope she makes profit of it!"

Unknown PuddingMan , "I haven't gotten his name yet, but he shows to be a capable man. He's retrieved a lost and broken halberd to return it repaired by the best smiths of Altera. Now he's off to help me on a delicate matter, involving flowers and a woman!"

Unsure of:
Victor The Tottot , "This man is very strong and he puts his back into what ever he sets his mind to and achieves his goals. He knows what he wants and will get it, no matter what. This is of great benefit to the colony in most cases, but it scares me too. He's got a loud voice and should he put his mind on something that will destroy our colony, I'm sure he'll succeed at it like he succeeds with whatever he tries."

Wary of:

Afraid of:

Disliked:

Hated:

packman skin.jpg
01.jpg
Packman by greenghost.jpeg
Green_Ghost11 Thanks for the amazing arts. Now I finally know what he looks like, I couldn't figure it out myself but you did it! :D

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The book of Adventurers I
This is a collection of stories that were the result of quests I’ve send people on. These are the stories of the common folk, the warriors, the gardeners, the beast slayers, the noblemen, the travelers, all in all: The adventurers!

Bear Attacks
A tall man named Nikolche took the job, after I raised his interest. I told him he had to bring back proof that he killed the beast, if he were to receive his prize… For a few coins and a story to tell, he ventured into The Sorrowlands to locate the lair of a large bear that has troubled weary travelers and adventurers in that region of the lands. He found it, he told me as he returned with a bag full of bear-parts and a bandage on his right hand. I was eager to hear his tale. “How in the name of Jax did you manage it?” I asked him enthusiastically as I took a look at the bloody mess that was in his sack. He started: “It tried to pin me to the ground as I arrived, quickly standing on its hind-legs and swinging its massive paws at me. Luckily, I managed to parry his attack with my broadsword. Then it became quite enraged and was tired of my existence! So it slapped my sword out of my hands and tried to land down on me, paws first, in an effort to have me pinned down again. I then quickly took out my dagger and the sheer weight of the bear pushed the dagger into its throat.” Nikolche finished. I couldn’t believe my ears. He had single-handedly slain a massive bear and rid our lands of its menace. I gave him the coins and his attention was soon drawn by an Elf who had walked up to him during our conversation…

Raccoons!
A Dwarf came to sit at the fire as the man who had slain the bear finished the story. He introduced himself to me as Kris. I saw from his looks that this was a Dwarf that had seen a fight or two and I knew if I could persuade a Dwarf to do something for me, I’d be sure he would keep to his word. So I asked him a few questions to find out if he was the kind of person I needed. So I told him a tale. “There is a very special mushroom that I need to acquire and I know where it is. I saw it, just on the hilltop, when a raccoon snatched it right in front of me and ran off with it. I followed it for a while, but then I lost it. I’m sure he brought it back to his burrow. If you can locate its burrow and find the mushroom, retrieve it for me won’t you?” He wasn’t all too eager, but when I mentioned a reward in coin, his demeanor changed. So I showed him the location and gave him a map to travel to where I last seen the raccoon. And of he went, only to show his face a week later. He told me this: “I followed one of the raccoons back to the burrow, and when I saw a couple of them leave, I crawled inside to take a look. Then I found that.” He gestured at the mushroom “And then I had the little rats running at me. I kind of expected it, as I was walking right into their home. They tried crawling up my armor to have a go at my eyes, though it wasn’t hard to throw them off.” As I looked at him, I noticed he didn’t bore a scratch! “Their claws couldn’t exactly go through my chainmail. The poked at me, sure, but nothing that bad.” He seemed very indifferent about his small adventure. So I told him about an opportunity to show his worth once again. I sent him out to a giant bee-hive, not far from the raccoon's burrow.
<to be continued>

Poor Plant
As I walked into the Crossroads Inn, as any other ordinary day, there sat two Elves at a table and a giant Nordic man at the bar. I first walked up to the Nord, but he wasn’t very talkative and I was quite frightened of him, to be honest. Then I sat with the Elves at the table and started sharing tales and asking questions like I always do, to spark their interest. The male Elf was named Themis, the female one Nim. I’ll explain about Nim later, but first Themis. After trying for two hours, in vain, to interest both Elves, I finally got their attention when I mentioned nature. Themis said he was quite versed in the herbalism. So I entrusted upon him the task to take care of a plant. It was a plant that my nephew had given to me, so that I may keep it alive while he was abroad for a few weeks. I had put it in my pack ever since he left and now several weeks later, it had almost died! Themis took it upon himself to make sure he’d revive the plant. And that he did! A week later he came back and the plant looked wonderful again. I asked him how he did it and he simply stated: “Once I gave it some water and fresh soil, it quickly grew new roots and regained its strength. It’s not a miracle.” I thanked him and gave him a few coins for the trouble. He then mentioned how he liked to travel, so I asked him whether he was up for another task. He sure was, so I sent him to retrieve a crayfish-pot that I once set out in the Sorrowlands, but was not able to find back again.
<to be continued>

The Outpost
Nim, the Elf I mentioned earlier, was more the travelling type. I managed to persuade her to go into the sorrows and up to a ruin of an old watchtower or outpost. She first hesitated, stating the danger of the sorrowlands, but then gave in when I mentioned riches and good food. Yes, indeed. The Guards that used to work in that outpost were all descendants from rich families, yet somehow they came to have the profession of a guard. Their wealth allowed them to import the greatest food a man had ever tasted and it was rumored to all be stored in the top of the watchtower. So Nim set out and returned to me a week later, just a few hours after Themis brought my plant back to me. “I went out to search the outpost, but it was quite ruined as you said.” She notified me and hold out a piece of old, hard, stale bread. “I’m afraid the food has been there for as long as the stones and since there’s little left of the stones…” She continued. “But luckily, it also hold some nice trinkets.” She added as she hold up a large uncut ruby. “Well,” I said disappointed. “At least half of the rumors were true, they were rich indeed.”

A lost Halberd
Three children sat around the campfire and I saw their eyes twinkle as they listened with full attention to my story… “There he was, the adventurer. He went to The Sorrowlands only to pick a basket of apples. He was so busy picking those apples, that the afternoon turned to early evening, and dusk turned to night. Only when it became dark did he notice how late it was. And you know, don’t you, children? In the dark, the creatures of Skraag run wild across those lands. Yet, this adventurer was no fool, he brought his halberd with him. A very fine weapon, made by a proper craftsman. You won’t be surprised that it didn’t take long before the first undead started his way. He cut them down effortlessly, each time putting the basket of apples on the ground. But after a while, there were more and more of them!” The kids gasped. “He got cornered against the wall of a cliff, hacking at the monsters. Until, the halberd’s pole broke and the blade got blunt. That’s when he grabbed his basket of apples and ran off. Yes, children. He left the halberd right there, to be claimed by anyone.” The sighed. “Is he dead?” One asked. “Of course not! He told me this story. He also told me he never will dare to go near that place again.” At this time, an Elf walked up to me. “Is it true what you tell these children?” I nodded. “True as can be, honest word, cross my heart!” “Then tell me about this halberd’s location and I will bring it back to you.” He said courageously. I quickly explained it to him, gave him a map, and off he went… I didn’t hear from him until two weeks later, when he told me his tale: “Well, I got off the boat and landed onto the soil of The Sorrowlands. I carefully planned the trip so I was sure I wouldn’t have to travel The Sorrowlands during the night. I took another good look at the map and tried to remember where-about you said it would be. I found a few trees and then I saw a cliff and remembered what you said about the man being cornered. I climbed down from the cliff and found the shattered Halberd hidden in the tall grass. That’s about it, sir.” He finished, but my curiosity wasn’t satiated just yet. I asked him who he found to repair it for him. “With the broken halberd in hand, I landed on Calan and found two men working in a forge. I asked them if they could fix it. Luckily for me, they couldn’t /just/ fix it, they did it for free as well!” I asked them who the men were, and he happened to know. “Yes, I do know their names, from when they spoke to each other while I was waiting for it to be repaired. The first man’s name was Roy, the other was a Dwarf named Thordil.” I was amazed by the luck this man had. He must be blessed by Jax. “Those are the two finest smiths of Altera, if the rumors are true! What a luck that you ran into them, both of them at the same time.” I looked at the halberd. “You know…” I started. “I was going to sell this halberd for quite some money, but now that I hear your tale, I would feel a thief not to let you have it instead. Please, hold on to this halberd and keep it, your tale is payment enough. What is your name, lucky one?” He was very pleased with my offer and gave me his name: Ivran Flynn. Truly trusting Jax was with him, I asked him for another favor…
<To be continued>

Lost Crayfish Pot
Themis had just come back with my plant, as I set him out on yet another quest, to find my missing crayfish pot. “I left the pot two weeks ago, but when I checked last week, it was nowhere to be found! I must have searched all day. I guess I’m an awful tracker, and hope you can find it for me.” I proposed to Themis. He agreed and left as fast as his legs could carry him to retrieve my pot. He returned, with quite a bizarre tale…

“I’d like to say I’m an expert tracker, but in truth I followed some odd scuffs in the sand and fell right into a cave! I barely had my hands around the pot before I had to get my axe ready. Must’ve spooked some rats on wings on my way in, for they weren’t so happy to see me. Did you know bats attack people? I never heard of such a thing before!” I was surprised to hear it as well. “Did you manage to get away unharmed though?” I asked him. “They nipped at my arm a bit, they did. But not hard enough to draw blood.” “So then you managed to get out of the cave and back here in one piece eh?” I inquired amused. “Yep! But not without the help of my friend Ivran Flynn. Without him I would probably still be stumbling around the countryside.” I smiled at him and asked about the crayfish pot. He gave it to me, along with several large crayfishes. “Let’s put them on a stick and roast them above this fire” I smiled and gave him coins to pay him for his efforts.

This concludes Book One of the Adventurers Series. In the next book you’ll read all about how it came to be that Ivran helped Themis in his quest, whether Kris dealt with the beehive without getting harmed, and Nikolche will return for an epic quest that will bring Themis, Kris and himself together into a very dangerous situation!

END OF BOOK ONE.

The book of Adventurers II
This is a collection of stories that were the result of the tales of quests I’ve send people on. These are the stories of the common folk, the warriors, the gardeners, the beast slayers, the noblemen, the travelers, all in all: The Adventurers!

A bouquest
Ivran Flynn. The man who was obviously touched by Jax, for all the luck he had in his last quest. Now I could use a little bit of his luck, so that’s why I asked him to do this for me. “You see, Ivran, I’m trying to court a lady. She’s beautiful!” I started, but he seemed a bit distracted. “I have to get back soon to help a friend in the Sorrowlands.” He told me. “But that is just right! I need something from the sorrowlands.” I hoped to persuade my lucky friend. “Alright, alright, tell me what you need?” I grinned. “So, to court this beautiful lady, I’d like to give her flowers. Now I know the most beautiful wild flowers grow in the south east of the sorrowlands. I wish to make a bouquet for her, to tell her of the affections I feel for her.” I started to blush as he started to smile. “I’ll go and fetch you some flowers, while I help my friend search for something.” I was glad to hear it. “Bring me as many different ones as you can, please!” I yelled after him as he walked out of the Inn…

<To be continued>

Beehive
I got the feeling that the Dwarf Kris thought he was capable of more than just slaying a few raccoons. So I decided to give him a more challenging task. “I was walking around in The Sorrowlands the other day to visit a merchant. On my way back, I saw a beautiful field of Lilac’s. I thought to go up to it and pick a few, but I wasn’t the only one attracted to the flowers. As I was picking a lilac, I heard a loud buzzing noise. I slowly looked up and saw a massive beehive attached to the tree that stood in the field of lilacs. I ran off as fast as my feet could carry me, but not without getting stung twice! Now I bet there is lots of honey in there. I mean, with that many bees working for it, it ought to be good, no? Do you think this is more of a challenge to you?” I asked Kris. He seemed to be drawn to the idea. “I’ll give you a hint. I’ve asked someone else to do this for me before, but she said it was not worth the journey. She did give me good advice: To draw them out with smoke!” Kris nodded. “It just so happens to be that I prepared a few arrows so I can light them on fire.” He replied to me. I asked him for the map I gave him on his trip to the raccoons and showed him where the beehive was located. He then circled the spot and wrote ‘beehive’ next to it. Off he went, just to return half a week later.

While I was sitting at the campfire with Themis, roasting the crayfish he brought me, Nikolche, who had slain the bear, walked up to me. His hand was no longer bandaged and he seemed to be doing fine. I had a small chat with him. He told me he knew someone who could make the bear fur into a coat. At that point, Kris walked up with a smile and a few stings on his face. He sat down and rummaged through his bag. Nikolche and Themis started to converse, so I could pay full attention to Kris. He took out one jar of honey and set it beside him. Then another large jar, and then another! They were full with bright yellow honey. “Once I found the beehive, I had two arrows ready. A regular one and one I had prepared so I could light it on fire. I fired the first arrow through the connection between the tree and the hive. Then I lit the fire arrow and shot it next to the hive. I kept a bucket of water nearby to put out the fire if it got out of control.” I was amazed by this feat of brilliance. “Didn’t you get stung by the bees while shooting these arrows?” I asked. He then raised his hands to show sting marks and pointed some out on his face. “That looks bad.” I started. “What happened next, after the fire started to burn?” “The majority of the bees flew away and I ran over to grab the hive before it could catch fire. That is why I got most of the stings. Then I got the hive away from the tree, swatting a bee every now and then, and harvested from it what I could.” I grinned after hearing his story. “well done!” I looked around at the three who sat at the campfire. “You know, now that I have all three of you here. I could use some help with something that needs a company. Something one man cannot do by himself…”
<to be continued>

An Elf, A Dwarf, and A Human.
There I sat, at the campfire in front of the Crossroads Inn. I just finished listening to the tale of Kris the Dwarf and Themis the Elf and Nikolche the Man were still sitting with me. The ideal situation for a quest that would take their best efforts to finish. “Lads, do you think you are up for a rather challenging mission? It’s the kind that is going to need teamwork.” I started. They seemed interested, so I continued my story. “There’s a trade-route out in The Sorrowlands. Reaching from the docks to the far North. Now, normally the caravans and travelers take the short route, straight across the valley. But recently, they’ve been forced to take a detour. You see, a pack of wolves has taken up residence in the area and is causing chaos and death. A wounded traveler came to me the other day. He explained the situation to me and showed me where-about the wolves have made their home. I ask of you, please rid these lands from that pack. Are you up for it?” I asked them in anticipation. “No better way for men to bond than an arduous quest, eh?” Replied Themis with a smile. The others agreed. “Well then, I’ll show you what the wounded traveler showed me.” I said as I pointed at the map. “Be careful lads. It will take a lot of skill and prudence to make it out of that area alive.” I started. But Kris already stood up, pulling his backpack onto his shoulders. “Right, let’s go lads.” He said. “Though once there we should make a plan on how to deal with it.” Said Nikolche who stood up with Kris. I just sat there, in awe of their readiness to face danger and earn honor through tales that would be told if they were to be successful. I looked up at them and the three greeted me as they walked away and up to the docks to catch the first boat heading to The Sorrowlands. A Dwarf, an Elf, and a Human. I can’t wait for them to come back and tell me all about their adventure.

<To be continued>

A High Price.
I sat at the Crossroads Inn, staring into the warmth of the hearth as dusk set in. But it wasn’t only dusk entering my world, it was also a thing tall as a tree, with the strength of six men, I bet! A large muscular earthspawn found his way to a chair that was too small for him, pacing only a few steps to cross the entire inn. He sat there, skinning rabbits. I doubted whether I would walk up to him. So far, I’ve addressed everyone at the inn, so why not him? Well, perhaps because he could smack my face off with a single blow of his ginormous fist! With a lot of hesitation, nervosity, and a bit of fear, I asked him if I could take the seat in front of him. He nodded and didn’t say much else. To keep myself from staring at the earthspawn, who was even more impressive and disgusting from up close. “You look strong.” I tried to compliment him. “hmmh.” He replied shortly. I looked at the fire as I asked him: “Do you mind if I tell you a story?” Again, a simple few words and a gesture sufficed to make me understand it was okay. So I told him: “There once were a bunch of outlaws, locked up in the dark triangle, the horrific Dwarven prison of Aeroch Rimtar. Now, the Dwarves of Dunasten don’t usually set prisoners free. Once you’re in there, you’re in there for life, or until the Dwarves find a better use for you. They took these outlaws to the sorrows where they were to mine iron and coal under the whip of a dreadful slaver. They did so until the earth shook and most of the mine collapsed. This was a few years ago.” “They dead.” The earthspawn interrupted me. I nodded. “Yes, I believe so. Nobody really cared much about their death. Neither about their bounty, coal and iron isn’t worth enough to set up a full scale rescue mission… But I knew one of those guys! He always carried some kind of odd jewel around his neck. He told me it was an heirloom in his family and worth quite a fortune. Would you mind and see if you are strong enough to remove the rubble and find that jewel for me?” I asked him. “Where?” He asked in return. I showed him a map and pointed at it where the mine should be. “I go.” The giant earthspawn replied, as he stood up, towering higher and higher above me. I wished him luck. “May Jax be with you!” “Crusade.” He shortly replied, telling me who his God was. “I won’t be long.”
And that he wasn’t!

He came back within a week. He stood next to me as I was talking to someone in the Inn about an odd ritual I had witnessed the other day. “Pearl.” He said. For a beast his height, he sure does use a lot of short sentences. I looked at it and recognized it from when my friend wore it, before he died. “You did it! Tell me all about it.” I started. “Removed rubble, find dead men. Burnt the bodies, took the pearl. End of story.” I blinked at his extensive description. Trying to play into his apparent low intelligence, I tried to swindle him off of that pearl. “I’ll pay you ten coins now, for taking care of this matter and leaving the miner’s souls to rest. But I’ll pay you ten more if I can buy that pearl off of you.” I gave him ten coins to try and get his attention. He held the coins in front of his face and then put them away. “No.” I was disappointed my attempt didn’t work. “Twenty coins then!” I said seemingly enthusiastic, as if I was over-bidding. “No.” “Thirty!” “No.” I sighed. “Alright then…” I accepted his wish and turned my attention to the man who I was telling about the ritual…

Arcane Statuette
“As I was saying. There I was, cold as can be, up in the snowy peak of a mountain. I looked up and now saw a lot of light from where the large smoke cloud came from. I was almost close enough to see what was going on. I moved even closer, despite the cold. I saw odd figures with thick fur-coats dancing around a large circle of fire and inside of the circle was a pile of bones and limbs! I quickly backed off a bit. Before I ran back down, cold and afraid, I caught a glimpse of a shiny statuette, that they were placing on top of the rancid pile.” I finished and saw the eyes of the man twinkle with interest. “Aye, that statuette must hold some arcane powers, I bet. And better still: could be worth quite a bit of money!” I removed yet another map from my pack and showed him the mountains I had seen the ritual take place. “I can’t remember exactly which mountain I was on, but it must’ve been one of these.” I said as I pointed at it. “I’ll get you that statuette and then we’ll see about how much it’s worth and what powers it may hold…” He said as he stood up from the table. Only now I could see the sheer size of the man. He was muscled from top to toe and stood at least two heads taller than I did. “My name’s Azemar Ironfist and I will return with your requested item.” He said as he took off…

<to be continued>

This concludes the second book of The Adventurers series. In the next book you’ll be able to read all about the epic quest to slay a pack of wolves, wheter I’ll receive the flowers to court my young lady and whether Azemar can find the mysterious statuette, that the people had left behind. And new people enter, as a man named Jacob takes on a quest to salvage items from a patch of quicksand and a man named Will will try and find a /very/ rich FROG!

END OF BOOK TWO!

The book of Adventurers III
This is a collection of stories that were the result of the tales of quests I’ve send people on. These are the stories of the common folk, the warriors, the gardeners, the beast slayers, the noblemen, the travelers, all in all: The Adventurers!

Dealing with wolves.
Of course, I must start this book with the conclusion of the tale on the epic journey of the Dwarf, the Elf, and the Human and how they fared against the wolves… Let us commence.

Themis came back to me first, at the crossroads inn. He walked in at the moment two others were arguing over a sabre and whose property it was. “I shouldn’t start the story about the Wolves, before Kris and Nikolche get here.” He started. “Present!” Someone said. It was Kris, who just came walking in, together with a rather large Earthspawn. Since Nikolche was nowhere to be found, Themis started the story. “Nothing much happened until we spotted the suspected caves. That’s of course when we cautiously entered the first cave. Dung littered around the entrance.” Themis gagged, his hand in front of his mouth. But I was eager to learn more of their adventure. “Go on?” I asked. “The second cave we entered yielded better evidence. Actual wolves… four of them, all fully grown and enraged beyond belief at our presence! I cast down the first mongrel, it lunged at me and only got a mouthful of my hatchets handle.” He started, I sat on the tip of my seat. “I shook it back down to the cave floor and delivered a strike, not unlike an executioners. Its head rolled so hard into the wall a few teeth shook loose. A second wolf with the bright idea of lunging for Nikolche’s throat as well was gutted, sending itself up his dagger.” He took a short break to breathe in between his tale, making it even more exciting to listen to. “The wolves were so fast, it’s no wonder only four of them could’ve done the damage of a full pack to traders.” He continued. “Kris knocked a bolt into his crossbow, firing straight into the mutt’s head. His second shot barbed, was sent right down the wolf’s throat if you’d believe it! Tore its guts apart from the inside.” I was astonished to hear it. “That dwarf could be a better shot than any Elf I’ve ever known!” He said enthusiastically. “My, my, by Jax, what a tale. Was that all that happened in those caves?” I asked him, a bit less excited from his crazy tale. Themis cackled a bit, fond of the tale before silencing. “No, I’m afraid not.” He continued once more. “Aside from the occasional hair or salamander the caves were empty. Kris got stung on his foot by a scorpion as we were checking the caves for other wolves. His foot was ailing him so bad we rested for the night.” He said. I was saddened to hear it and was very eager to hear of his fate after that night. “You recall the wolf I mentioned earlier? The one I had ‘executed’, Packman?” He asked me. I affirmed his question. “Aye, on our way out of that cave we’d found a crack in the cave wall. Upon entering we found a wolf pup.” He said as I looked at him with much disbelief. “I believe I may have killed its mother.” Themis added, sadly. “A shame, but it had to be done. What did you do with the pup, and what of Kris’ foot?” I asked him, eager to know more. “Kris’ foot ailed him no longer than the night. The wolf pup was docile enough… Very young. I took care of it the best I knew how, but I could barely feed myself save a growing pup… So I sold him to a man who spoke with a slate.” He finished. I sighed and sat back into my seat. “What a tale, what a tale.” I mumbled, looking at Themis. I paid him his share of coins along with Kris’ and Nikolche’s, thanking him once again for his tale…

A Silver Task.
I met a man who introduced himself as Snerus. After asking what kind of man he thought himself to be, I found out he was the kind of man that could help me out with something I needed taken care of. A silver ingot had come in my possession and I knew a way to turn it into profit. I needed someone who knew someone that could make this bar of silver into a silver sickle. Why I needed a silver sickle, I’ll explain some other time. Snerus was happy to take the job. I told him I’d pay him for the expenses he’d possibly make when he found someone to craft it into a sickle. I had put my trust in this man and as he set off to find a blacksmith of sorts, I was praying to Jax that I would see this silver bar again, hoping he wouldn’t steal it…

After a few weeks, I still hadn’t heard of the man and began to doubt his genuinity. At this time, I asked a man named Jacob to look into the matter. Jacob said he knew Snerus and wouldn’t be long to tell me any news on the silver bar. After a couple of days, Jacob returned to me with the news that the silver bar was laying at a smith’s workshop. The smithy has had a lot of commissions lately and hadn’t had much time to put any work into it, yet. Glad to hear Snerus wasn’t intending to cheat me, I let the case rest until further notice.

<to be continued>

Diamond Frogs
I took a stroll through a very crowded Crossroads Inn, when I met him. I tried to sell my book to him, the first adventurers book. He took it! He paid me the fifty radiants and then I tried to convince him to help me out with a task. His name was Will, and Will was interested, so I told him an old tale, that a Moor Elf from Zima Maloj had once told me… “There was an old woman, poor as the cobble, living around the entrance to the sewers of Zima Maloj. Her only possession was a necklace of simple thread, on which a large jewel hang. One night, she woke up from a feeling on her chest. There sat a huge frog! The moment she wanted to get up and get it off of her, it bit through the thread and swallowed the jewel whole. Before the old woman could catch the frog, it jumped into the water, never to be seen again.” I saw the man was as eager to believe this story as I was. “You see, sir. It is stories like this that peak my interest. Stories that people do not believe, yet those who do believe might end up rich!” I smiled. “I wonder if this tale is true, if you could find out for me? I am willing to pay you for the truth!” He knew what he had to do and hurried off to Zima Maloj as fast as his legs could carry him. He was back within a few days…

“Once I got to Zima Maloj, it took me several hours before I found the sewers, thanks to a local who let me know where the nearest entrance was. It was inside the storage house…” He paused, as if remembering how he entered the sewers, which must have been a gross experience. “as you suggested, I lit a torch once I got into the sewers, and not half an hour later, I heard a frog. I didn’t expect it to be the one I was looking for, but I thought I should of checked to be sure. I walked into a little side-bit to the sewers, and I saw some fish swimming in a pool, some lizards, and two frogs.” I nodded, hoping for him to continue his story. “I drew my dagger and killed the fish for food, and the frogs to check for the jewel.” “And did you find it? Did you?!” I asked eagerly. “I cut the frogs right in half, so I wouldn’t need to do anything too disgusting. Then I found the jewel that you’re now holding.” He said. I was fascinated that the tale told by the Moor Elf was true. “I’ll give you ten coins, like I promised, for the truth. But I’ll give you another ten coins if you can pass me that jewel.” I offered, as I gave him the first ten coins. Jax was truly with me today, for all the luck in the world made it so that he gave me the jewel in exchange for a mere ten coins. Even better still, he offered me another 50 radiants to buy the second book I had written on the Adventurers series and another 100 radiants as a kind donation, just so I could pay my rent for the Crossroads Inn!

Spiders:
With the return of Kris after hunting the wolves, and Jacob after his quick errand to find Snerus, I could give both men a fitting task. Both in the ranks of military, I knew they’d be up for a challenge in combat and thus I explained what I had in mind for them. “I was curious about the most western parts of The Sorrowlands, so I decided to pack my pack and travel there. It sure looks different than all the other parts. There’s a dark forest there, where little light protrudes. And for that reason, mushroom grow there abundantly. Huge mushrooms as well. I was fascinated by the sight, so I took a closer look. Yet, I couldn’t come as close as I had hoped. A giant spider dropped down from underneath the mushroom and quickly made its way in my direction! I panicked and ran back as fast as my legs could carry me.” Kris stopped me there. “So I guess now you want us to go and kill that spider, right?” He asked, and I frowned. “Why would I want you to kill that spider? Do you have any reason to?” He was silent for a while. “I guess not.” He said, and I grinned widely at him. “Then I’ll give you a reason!” Both Jacob and Kris seemed glad to hear me say that. “When I got back to the Crossroads Inn, I talked about it with anyone who wanted to hear. A man came up to me and told me these were mushroom-spiders. A special breed. These spiders house in large mushrooms, one spider per mushroom, and only visit each other when they intend to mate. There’s no reason to approach any of them, if they didn’t have such a strong cobweb. The string from a mushroom-spider is unmatched in strength.” I smiled and they began to understand. “Run through that forest in the West and clear the mushrooms of the spiders, then bring back their valuable strings. I bet there are crafters in Altera that can fashion something quite useful from it.” And off they went. Only to return a good two weeks later…

“Me and Kris hunted them one by one. The first mushroom was empty, and I almost got bit during the second. I think we found six or seven spiders, and one was much bigger than the rest.” Jacob started when he returned. “I almost shot Jacob with an arrow.” Kris laughed. “It was damn close!” Jacob replied. They dropped a large bag in front of my feet. “Do you want to have the carcasses?” He asked. “The outer skin of the spiders is hard as wood, I bet someone could craft quite an impressive armor from it, you might want to hold on to them or sell them.” I told him, but Jacob shook his head. “I tried, I can’t seem to get rid of them, what would you offer for them?” He then asked me. For 15 coins, I was able to buy all three of the spiders in the bag and was all too glad when I was able to sell them to an interested fellow a few days later, for 150 radiants.

Married in Hellfire
Somehow, I lost my leg. Now, I’m walking on a peg instead. I could tell you how I lost it, but there is much more interesting things to relay! For instance, the moment I saw Themis again. I haven’t seen him since he told me how they had slain the wolves. He asked me how I’ve been and he seemed quite upset about my leg. I told him the bright side of it: While remaining at the healer’s house, lots of folks came in and out, all with their stories. While waiting for my leg to fully heal in the inn, also a lot of stories were told to me. One of them was from a man who had just lost his wife to-be.

<to be continued>

This concludes the third book of The Adventurers series. In the next book you’ll be able to read all about what happened to the wife of the poor man that came to see me in the Inn. On top of that, there’ll be more thrilling stories about Pirate’s treasures, jumping Dwarves and a magpie that stole a farmer’s prize!

END OF BOOK THREE!

TO BE CONTINUED!

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I have been giving out quests for a while, and there are some people that I haven't found out about yet.
Here's a list of professions, if you can't think of anything for your character, that people could use in their Roleplay.
Professions I haven't come across:
- Tanner / leatherworker --> To change raw animal materials like skin into leather or fur.
- Jeweler --> To carve uncut gems into cut gems or put them into jewerly
- Crafter --> To craft pieces of special bark or exoskeletons of large insects into armor or items.

Last edited:

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
I love this character, and I love the quests. xD

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
End of book one! :D The first adventurers have filled 50 pages of a vanilla book with their stories of the quests they've been on. A book now available on sale at The Packman!

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Going to buy that next time I see him, can't wait to get another group quest. Was quite fun!

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
10/10 Would Fish with Dagger Again.

StartOmega

Lord of Altera
I can't wait for my quest with the earth spawn,I was so excited to be working with one I forgot the quest!

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
I've read about these escapades. I can't wait to meet this fellow! (Please if you need help with anything at all let me know).

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Finally found an answer to the questions some people have to whom he gives quests: "Say, why don't you go out there yourself?" wwwwwelll.... He's now got a wooden peg for a left leg. :')