Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Finished) First Annual Fanciers' Ball of Ravenmire

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
>known the world around
>been a noble longer than most people have been playing on the server
>Owns multiple castles
>tfw no invite
I actually have no idea, outside of vorar, who it is that you play. But if they are of that big import we ot to rp soon

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
But that would ruin the whole 'automatically-rich-society' bit.
I would argue that we have yet to really begin mining or exporting anything ic it should be pretty clear its basically at this time just a swampy frontier town with some potential to become a rich society but I can tell this is meant as just a snide comment.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Just so ya know, wetlands are usually wetlands because the water table is at surface level, or because they get flooded at high tide. Can't mine a marsh, really, but eh.
I'll do more research and design the look of the mine so nothing is impossible to what could be done irl.

The city is on the border of the marsh, if it is completely impossible I can just move the prison/mine to a place just outside the town in the planes. It's not what we had envisioned but compromise is part of doing things in a community I sapose

If anything bastion doesn't know any of this either might be fun to have a collapse, or a flood. Maybe a sink hole.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
(Alternatively you can turn it into a pitch-dredge, or a peat dig - can't think of anything else off the top of my head done industrially in swampland.)

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Amsterdam was build on a swamp once, but now it's all dried up peat. Dry thy swamp peasants and become glorius dutchmen

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I would argue that we have yet to really begin mining or exporting anything ic it should be pretty clear its basically at this time just a swampy frontier town with some potential to become a rich society but I can tell this is meant as just a snide comment.
It was meant as a joke to the fact that the town suddenly has a large silvermine that is going to make it very profitable and suddenly wealthy. People are putting in plenty of ideas to make the mine realistic though, so it won't flood n'stuff. If my comment comes across as snide well- I can't do anything but delete it, if you'd like.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
It was meant as a joke to the fact that the town suddenly has a large silvermine that is going to make it very profitable and suddenly wealthy. People are putting in plenty of ideas to make the mine realistic though, so it won't flood n'stuff. If my comment comes across as snide well- I can't do anything but delete it, if you'd like.
Np, misread your tone is all.

It is Vorar.
I'm not sure the walk ways would support him. XD

But I do need to invite the peeps from magic mountion also so expect some rp between now and than
@Naelwyn

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I'll do more research and design the look of the mine so nothing is impossible to what could be done irl.

The city is on the border of the marsh, if it is completely impossible I can just move the prison/mine to a place just outside the town in the planes. It's not what we had envisioned but compromise is part of doing things in a community I sapose

If anything bastion doesn't know any of this either might be fun to have a collapse, or a flood. Maybe a sink hole.
Another alternative is to simply ignore anything too inconvinient. So its a mine built in a swamp. People say "It should flood!", but so what if it doesnt. ;)

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Another alternative is to simply ignore anything too inconvinient. So its a mine built in a swamp. People say "It should flood!", but so what if it doesnt. ;)
In other words: "What's the matter with you? Haven't you ever heard of the suspension of disbelief?"

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Can we get some more info on the time? 12th of Stormwind makes me think November 12, which is a Thursday. Midday is a bad time to host it if so, since people will be working and at school.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Can we get some more info on the time? 12th of Stormwind makes me think November 12, which is a Thursday. Midday is a bad time to host it if so, since people will be working and at school.
I think the OP says Nov 12, 4pm PST.