Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

First RP event is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Our first event, Battle for Castle Corbenic is over! We hit a few glitches such as lag breaking some of our traps and we learned a lot that we will be remembering when designing future events!

Congratulations arkkaine for winning and getting the custom title and prizes!

Sorry to all of you who didn't survive! I hope you all enjoyed it, despite all the bugs :p

Please leave feedback on what you thought :D

Oh and congrats to Camo for being the first to die and becoming "The Fool of Corbenic"

S

Stevey

A lot of work went into this event. It is unfortunate some things didn't turn out the way we intended, but overall I am satisfied with the way it turned out.

As steel said we have learned a lot from this and will take this into acount when designing future events. Our plan is to have different types of events in the future.

Thanks for bearing with us while we learn how to do this kind of stuff :)

Steelcryo

King of the north!
In future we will be dividing people into teams to run through at different times and then having a final event for the winners to avoid the lag. Unfortunately although the server was stable there was area lag which made pretty much ALL of the events not work properly so things were very confusing as to what was going on.

It also meant we couldn't implement the death event for people to try and get through to get back into the main event which made things much more confusing.

We do thank all of you for being patient and putting up with things not working properly :D

Joel

Lord of Altera
maybe a little more info on what were meant to be doing as well,and what happens if we die.This way people wont keep asking to be teleported and we all know what going to happen. I dont think anyone thought it was a maze that we were doing but it was a pleasant surprise

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
it was bloody brilliant, except for the lagg :p
cant wait for the next one it took alot of effort for this to be done and you should be applauded for making it go as smoothly as you have
and lol Camo that was a massive fail :rolleyes:

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
I got on a bit late as I'd only just got back from a weekend away so was confused when I logged on. When I did get teleported into the event however it was into a room where I was immediately killed by ikbenlars, or someone else, it was very crowded. I now realise that I was merely sent to the place where the main action was and therefore totally out of my depth. Thinking back on it, what I expected was to be sent to the start of the course (unless that was it) where I could collect equipment to start out. Instead I got re-teleported in a few more times and because I had nothing I didn't ever really last long. What I did see of the course I thought was very good and my only real regret is not being given a proper chance to attempt all the challenges, missing out the reward at the end is not something I really cared about, and I think that most people will agree that they just wanted to have fun taking part.
On the other hand this was a first attempt and for that it was pretty darn good, some of the obstacles were genius and what I did see of the surroundings were incredible, considering they must have been built in a short space of time. I definitely think running through it in teams is the way to go about it, as the only real problems that I could see was a lack of information and *ahem* a slight lack of organisation on all sides! haha overall good job guys! You admins are amazing for what you do!;)

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
I got on a bit late as I'd only just got back from a weekend away so was confused when I logged on. When I did get teleported into the event however it was into a room where I was immediately killed by ikbenlars, or someone else, it was very crowded. I now realise that I was merely sent to the place where the main action was and therefore totally out of my depth. Thinking back on it, what I expected was to be sent to the start of the course (unless that was it) where I could collect equipment to start out. Instead I got re-teleported in a few more times and because I had nothing I didn't ever really last long. What I did see of the course I thought was very good and my only real regret is not being given a proper chance to attempt all the challenges, missing out the reward at the end is not something I really cared about, and I think that most people will agree that they just wanted to have fun taking part.
On the other hand this was a first attempt and for that it was pretty darn good, some of the obstacles were genius and what I did see of the surroundings were incredible, considering they must have been built in a short space of time. I definitely think running through it in teams is the way to go about it, as the only real problems that I could see was a lack of information and *ahem* a slight lack of organisation on all sides! haha overall good job guys! You admins are amazing for what you do!;)
lol dude you missed the entire first obstacle course/level , but correct me if im wrong but did you not finish second?
p.s. agree with th slight lack of organisation

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
Haha, finishing second, is a very loose term, I finished second, apparently, but I also died two or three times before that! Finishing is also a very loose term, I got to an entrance to somewhere where ducati was and was about to go in when fitzink flew from nowhere and finished off my last heart! I wouldn't have called that finishing second... Arkkaine was just in front of me at that stage :p

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Goody! I can't wait to see it. I had to go out of town unexpectedly, so I missed everything. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.