Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Fixed] Minecraft Login Servers Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Morning everyone,

Getting an error like this?:

Connection lost
code 503 for URL: http://session.minecraft.net/game/joinserver.jsp?user=NinjaTangerine

The Mojang website said today:

Hi Guys,
We are aware of the security issues (people using others’ usernames NOT any leak of passwords or personal information) involved with the Minecraft authorization servers and are currently working to fix it.
Right now the authorization servers have been taken offline and will be down until further notice. The Mojangstas are working hard to make sure we get everything back to perfect working order.
We’ll keep you updated as we have a more clear timeline. We really are sorry about this and are working as fast as we can!
Happy Sunday :)
So, basically, you're not going to get on minecraft at all until it's fixed, and I suggest not to log on either, especially if there's any sort of hacking problems. Just keep calm and carry on (Yes, I said it :D), and go buy yerself something nice on the Steam Summer Sale. No more need for any more threads on this, otherwise there'll be a thread from everybody.

Have a nice day,

Tang :)

PS:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/wl0zy/psa_exploit_in_minecraft_login_server_hackers_can/

Then today on the reddit servers, we had someone log in on the account of one of our head admins. The resulting griefing was quickly caught, the account password changed, and we waited to see if further attacks would follow. After a short period, the same account was used again. The admin, forty_two, confirmed that he hasn't logged into any unknown servers lately, ruling out a MITM attack. The short time between changing the password and logging in ruled out a brute force attack on the account.
Console owners, if you can, get rid of all admins, otherwise serious damage can be caused, or shut it down.

Imperialemperor

I think I might like it here
Sorry for everyone who is in this position. I hope they fix this soon, and thanks for posting this, NinjaTangerine :)

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Well, whatever you do do, DO NOT log in minecraft.

Also, someone shut down the server, my mate's just told me that one of the top servers has just been demolished to death by a hacked admin.

C

Cubey

im bit panic, can you take my admin and Grief's admin off please? :mad:

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Notch announced that the only thing the hack/exploit does, is that people can log in with other peoples names. The hackers cannot get peoples information. Though it is recommended not to log into minecraft.

Imperialemperor

I think I might like it here
Well, whatever you do do, DO NOT log in minecraft.

Also, someone shut down the server, my mate's just told me that one of the top servers has just been demolished to death by a hacked admin.
When I got here I simply googled a minecraft server list, your server was #2, that's how I first got here, I believe they can find our server pretty easily so we must ensure nobody has access to it.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
The server won't have problems? Only servers on consoles (XBOX)
Nope. If someone logs in as an admin, they can do pretty much damn anything, well, they did on my friend's server, wasn't very nice to look at xD. Also, the reddit server's got griefed by someone logging in as their head admin.

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
So I just found out, on my personal server, one of our player found out this glitch and he destroyed the spawn I worked so hard on :(

Happy

Lord of Altera
I just looked into it, they have shut the servers down to stop people using migrated accounts to imitate people. They are just going to fix it so that people can no longer use migrated accounts to pretend to be people they are not (by using others usernames). Once thats done they will be back online.

Just to clarify they don't actually use your account they impersonate you, meaning they pretend to be you. So theres not too much to worry about.
At least thats how I understand it so far..

Hope that helps put some of you at ease. :)

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
I just looked into it, they have shut the servers down to stop people using migrated accounts to imitate people. They are just going to fix it so that people can no longer use migrated accounts to pretend to be people they are not (by using others usernames). Once thats done they will be back online.

Just to clarify they don't actually use your account they impersonate you, meaning they pretend to be you. So theres not too much to worry about.
At least thats how I understand it so far..

Hope that helps put some of you at ease. :)
But they could come in as admins and grief the nether out of everything

Status
Not open for further replies.