Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Floating trees

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCastellan

Lord Zanros Hawklight
Recently, we have had to temporarily ban a surprisingly large number of people for not cutting down their treetops when collecting logs, this, whilst it may not seem like an offence, it is in fact against the rules stated in the ToC, and, personally in my opinion it ruins the feel of rp, therefore, i would personally like to ask you to take a few extra moments to cut down the entire tree.

Now i dont want to give the wrong idea that the admin team is ruthless and bans for everything, but please bear in mind this is against the rules, we have been stepping up on this and as of when this is posted, 7 people will have been temp.banned for this. Please can we try to remove them

Thank
TheCastellan

matyio

The original mute
I have a suggestion for anyone who makes a tree farm, use birch (its the white wood) this tree rarely grows to be out of reach and therefore can be the most productive one. Don't be tempted to go for the tree with the most wood, go for the easeist to harvest and you get more efficiency.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
There has been a huge clampdown on this recently (check the ban list if you don't believe me, it's quite a read) so make sure that you cut down ALL of the tree. Leaving leaves only is fine as they disappear without wood nearby but make sure to get all the wood!

Also, don't leave dirt and sand towers, they are just as ugly as floating trees.

TheCastellan

Lord Zanros Hawklight
I have had to sticky this due to the influx of new bans, come on people it isnt fun temp. banning you...

Maverichero

Lord of Timbervale
While I understand I'm new around here and may not know all the ins and outs of this server, but I just got banned for this issue until tomorrow. I have seen other ban issues with comments like 'why do people make a big deal about temp bans' I wanted to say something because I'm new and my name means alot to me

The reason I was unable to cut down the whole tree was because the rest of the tree lay in an area I was unable to cut in preventing me from finishing it. I do apologize about this.

C

Cubey

Leaving Treetops are against Law of Nature.

Do not ruin the nature and Don't be lazy to do cut the tree.

You leaving treetops means you have bad experience in minecraft.

Tips for players: Use dirt to cut a whole tree.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Nope ark, as long as you actually break gravel it can give flint, but you cant let if fall on a torch to break it, that doesnt work.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
The problem with using a block to help you out is that you cannot build in the wild. Although I do agree with the no building in the wild since then we cannot get random structures popping up everywhere. So it would be easier to stick to trees that you know you can reach for sure than have the monstrosity known as floating trees :p

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
oh, thats good then. That also gives no reason for leaving behind floating trees then, so shame on you people who are to lazy to finish what you started :mad:

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
is it legal to use flymod to cut tree tops? if not i really think it should be.
No it isnt. Build a tower of dirt, sand or gravel, chop the remaining bits then clear up after

Or go to the sorrowlands, we dont mind floating trees there.

Status
Not open for further replies.