Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Floating trees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Hood

Lord of Altera
im a lord and already use flymod for building. i just wanted to know if i could also use it for tree tops.

also, can someone specify rules of the nether? is it basicly like the sorrowlands? can you kill someone if they are in a pvp zone?

Wycroe

Legend of Altera
OK, stupid comment here perhaps, but I am gonna make it anway....I just build a tower to the top of the tree and then cut my way down...that way, I am safe at the top of the tree while cutting, and there is no tree top to worry about at the end....and, if there are other trees in the area, you can usually walk to the top of the trees and cut them down as well, giving you access to even more trees and removing the muffin-top effect left over :p

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
OK, stupid comment here perhaps, but I am gonna make it anway....I just build a tower to the top of the tree and then cut my way down...that way, I am safe at the top of the tree while cutting, and there is no tree top to worry about at the end....and, if there are other trees in the area, you can usually walk to the top of the trees and cut them down as well, giving you access to even more trees and removing the muffin-top effect left over :p
For the first, this is true except for supertrees, which have random bits of wood floating about, also make sure to take any towers you make down once you are finished.

Apart from that, good advice.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
I'm unsure whether we should disallow flying to cut down tree tops, it makes life easier for everyone and theres no harm in people flying up 2 blocks, breaking the logs then landing again.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
but then I get the feeling it will be abused to mine out of reach ores and get away from mobs etc.

It takes 30 seconds to build a small dirt tower and take down the whole tree. If you eliminate all the wood the leaves disintergrate by themselves anyway.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Also it means that only Lords who have the ability/computer/specs to download and run minecraft and zombe can easily cut them down while everyone else has to do it the hard way.

Deddily

Loyal Servant of Altera
For what it's worth, I think that Itzza is right. Make a small compromise like this and it's a small step to the next abuse. My vote for flying for building only.

If it's that big a deal you could run that mod on the server that automatically cuts down the whole tree when you hit the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.