Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forums Move

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
I need to move the Hollowworld forums to a new server. I don't know exactly when the change will happen or how long it will take but it will be in the next 24 hours.

One factor is the sheer amount of data files that needs to be synced to the new server. The other is the propagation of the primary hollowworld.co.uk domain name. This could take a few minutes for some and up to 24 hours for others.

To ease this pain I am going to move hollow-world.co.uk first. If at any point in the next day or two you find the main domain isn't resolving for you then the transfer is probably underway and you should try hollow-world.co.uk.

I am writing this now to give everybody as much chance to see this before the forums go dark. Thank you for your patience.

P.S The forum move does not affect the game sever in any way.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
What's the reason?
The server it is on is costing too much to run and is being decommissioned. Hollowworld forums are one of hundreds of websites on the server and they are all being moved together to a new cheaper server.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Will anything to do with format/general workings be changing, or just the server?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Nothing will change, if I understand coorectly. It's just moving files from Point A to Point B, more or less. It just needs to go dark to make that move.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Anywhere from a few minutes to a day maybe, depends on how quickly the data sync goes. There's 5 years of data to move here alone.
That's an understatement. The worst is the attachments. All those memes people have posted for 5 years straight! 24gb of them!

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Y'all keep your hands of my pile of utter crap

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
If you can see this then you are on the new server. Avatars and image attachments are gonna take a long while to sync so you may see some people's avatars and other images temporarily missing.