Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Francis de Courtnay | The Ambitionist

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Name: Francis de Courtnay I

Full Titles: Marquis of the Province d'Avignon, Grand Master of the Knights d'Magnus (WIP), and Mounted Joust Champion of Breakwater.

Nickname/Alias:

-When traveling, his mother made him use the name of ‘Robert Barra’ however, a man with knowledge on nobility will perhaps see this as a falsehood.
-
Frank, dislikes this nickname.

Voice:
That of King Francis from Tudors;

⚜KEY INFORMATION⚜

Race: Lavoyarde Human, pure bloodied from the de Courtnay family, one of the last families embraced by the culture of New Arcturian, versus the newer developing culture of the Kingdom of Anhald.
Social Status: High-Nobility, House de Courtnay proving very wealthy from its ownership and claim of the Province d'Avignon and the many mines and settlements owned by the family.

Sexuality: Straight

Height: 5’10

Weight: 140 Pounds

Date of Birth: -

Date of Death: N/A

Homeland: The old manor of de Courtnay, however, spending little time in it before it was destroyed, then moving to La Marche DO'r with the rest of his surviving family.

Current Home: Chateau Mountain's End, the keep of the Capital city of Avignon, in the province of d'Avignon.

⚜PHYSIOLOGY⚜
Build: That expected of a man whom spend his whole life pursuing Knighthood, his build is strong from the practice of the Sword and the Lance, his speed and balance similar, however, unlike many other people, he has a -Common- height, at 5'10.

Hair: Long and wavy with deep locks of black hair like the majority of his family that didn't receive the blessing of Sir Lancel.

Eyes: A deep, blue colour, however, some people claim that his eyes are different shades of blue. (Cukie1 )

Skin: Pale white, at first, however moving south with more sun-light has caused a slight increase in the colour of his skin.

Identifying Marks: N/A

Appearance: Overall, quite handsome. He has the physical build of a warrior; Strong and balanced, with sharp eyes, but the mental build of someone with quite a bit of education and faith.

Clothing:
Casual Wear: A set of finely crafted blue doublet with black-pants and black undershirt, often worn with a fine golden necklace that rests on either sides of his shoulders. Sources: [X] [X]

Formal Wear: Overly fine blue and black doublet with sleeves of patterned white, on his shoulders a set of white furs, and the same necklace as above. Source: [X]

Weaponry:
+ A finely crafted Longsword [X]
+ Messer Sword, given to him by Kaiser Peter and named 'Regal' [X]

Prized Possessions:
His Silver Dagger; Given to him once he reached ten years of age, it having a single fleur on its blade, Completely useless in combat.
A Necklace; Made of silver, a single idol of a Fleur hanging from it.
Idol of Ignis; Made of gold with a single golden sun hanging from it Given to Ben.
Lightbringer; Sword of his cousin, Duke of La Marche before his death, taken from the crypts, made of steel and in the shape of a longsword, it being crafted by Prince Lucius before his
disappearance.
Lionheart; The family sword of de Courtnay, rumored to have been the bastard sword of Ser Lancel de'Dore.

Hygiene:
Cleans often, due to the ease of the baths in his keep.

⚜QUALITIES AND FLAWS⚜
Strengths:
  • Can read and write in both Lavoyarde and Common.
  • Many many tutors, smart for his age due to this.
  • He has a natural talent in drawing, however it is not expanded on often.
  • Nobility.
Fears:
  • Fire, due to the manor burning down when he was a child.
  • Darkness
  • The Gods
Weaknesses:
His care for the people he rules, first of all, and then a deep and running care for his Wife, Njorun, and his family; Willing to move mountains for them.

Intelligence:
Fairly wise and cunning for his age due to the tutors, but there is still much to learn!

Languages:
In order of learned;
+ Fluent in Lavoyarde, his first language.
+ Common

Profession:
Knight

⚜ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS⚜
Personality: Always leveled head and calm, Francis keeps a sense of such always in view of those whom are not his family. He lives strictly by the Code of Chivalry and activity avoids dishonouring himself or his family, unless he is forced to. He is welcoming and friendly to those who deserve to be treated as such, however, he holds no patience for False-Knights or Up-Jumped ones, especially to the point where he has to call out their mistakes; Expecting a true knight to know.

Religion or Cults: Ignis, faith of the Church du’Feu, however he holds a high regard for the Angel Silas and Angel Rahas, both having high regard and faith to Francis.

Alignment:
Lawful Good

Short Term Goals:
+ Have a gift made for Violet
+ Meet Violet
+ Finally visit Stravoforia
+ Ride on a Boat!

Long Term Goals:
+Guide Njorun through her pregancy, keep her safe.
+ Raise his child.
+ Finish Avignon
+ More Vassals.

⚜TRIVIA⚜
Favourites...

Place:
A tie between La Marche DO’r and his memory of Le Havre

Pastime:
Riding, and spending time with Njorun.

Food:
Anything of Lavoyard culture.

Drink:
Red Wine

Colour:
I-Is gold and success a colour?

Animal:
Lion!

Least Favourites...

Place:
Phoenixs’ Nest Temple.. Too much fire.

Pastime:
Being anyway from Njorun, and paperwork.

Food:
Pork

Drink:
Water

Colour:
Pink

Animal:
Spiders

⚜BACKSTORY⚜
TBA
⚜INSPIRATIONS⚜
None Currently
My in-game name is: ShadowAdmin

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Loved:
Njorun-Sylvi Wilkstrom-Eldsvart (@Cukie1 ); The most important person in my life, the time we spend together I will forever hold dearly to my heart; She is the brightest thing in my life, the light at the end of the tunnel, and the beauty of my life. I cannot wait for our future together and our marriage, I know she will be a great wife, Countess, and mother.

Arabella de Courtnay (@Tomato150); Daring woman.. Thats all I can say, she goes up against Lucia and trains with the sword, she is not a trouble-maker, yet she easily could be, and a damn good one at that.

Lucia Varyn (@Landem ) Lucia is my dear cousin, we may not show it, but I love her, I simply wish she would back off Njorun and trust me, for she doesn't know love like I do.

Maceo de Courtnay: My son, I will guide him forward until the end of my days.

Sébastien de Courtnay I (BrianAT16): My little brother.. How our line of the family made it to the top of the lineage is above my understanding and is left for Ignis to ponder; Yet, I will protect you, and see you be the Knight I know you can be.

Lillium (@Cukie1); I worry for her safety; With the news given to me on various concerns me for her safety and future, Revenge in her name I will grant that comfort.
Trusted:
Fjorlief Wilkstrom-Eldsvart (@Cukie1 ): Deeply respected and trusted; I respect her loyality and love of her family; I need know nothing else rather then the love of her daughters, for her to have my respect.

Consiel d'Avignon: For the most part...

Respected:

Befriended:
Benjamin Hotspur (@Fishymatt ); A Fine solider, and a better squire.

Sir Benjamin d'Gemeaux (@Deathmoron ) A good man by the look of it, a Knight too, perhaps he can give me a tip or two on wielding the sword.
Liked:
Sir Sif Sigurd (@The Courier ): A fine man to joust against; Strong, impressed by his combat in the melee as well, suprised by the large man's skill as a doctor.

Sir Vlad (@Sir Andrew Wallins): Strong man, not willing to give up and fight to the bitter end, I was impressed when he took so many lances to the chestplate.. However, I do feel bad about the state of his ribcage...

Lord Daeron (Jstar ): A good head on the elf's shoulders, I look forward to the trade between our nations, for a better future for the both of us.

Lord Azure Cerridwen (Immerael ): Wise man, and a brave one as well; I respect his search of Azerport for relics, which I hope to buy, but I also thank him for his honestly concerning Lillium, and his trade agreements between himself and I.

Lord Thearan Aeyeras-Nolder (Kvothe ): Interesting man.. Interesting Kingdom, I look forward to the trade and the embassy in Heaven's Reach.

Lord Cedric Lydel (Balatro ): Hopefully a strong alliance between Tambry and Avignon, Cedric is a man I can respect for his head and knowledge of trade.

Jaden Seeker (CloakedReaper ): Another who informed me of Lillium's past and current issues, I like the man, and he better protect Lillium, because I cannot do so full time.

Lady Fania Brus (Jasper151627237 ): Keep serving as well as you do with loyalty and honour and I can see great things in your future.

Neutral:
Lady Myaela Eldrin (Jstar): Useful.
Lucifer (Arcana ): Ambition.

Unsure of:

Wary of:

Afraid of:
The Gods.

Disliked:

Hated:

"Awild horse cannot gallop; but with guidance, it can be taught."
Godsend, 6th Of Winterfeast, 2260.

Last edited:

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Curious, are you planning on staying at Marche? As the current owner I'm likely going to be going through some major reconstruction in the near future. Especially considering the current Marche is nowhere near done.

No worries either way, I'll make due!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Curious, are you planning on staying at Marche? As the current owner I'm likely going to be going through some major reconstruction in the near future. Especially considering the current Marche is nowhere near done.

No worries either way, I'll make due!
Actually, I was looking for a reason for the family to leave the region, relating it likely to the fall of La Marche, I'd appreciative if the church stays, or atleast the idea of Ignis but its not my region anymore.

However, the Family has left the land (And a notable amount of RP items would of been taken, basically everything from the Crypts) As Francis was just there, aside from that, I wish you the best of luck.

Edit: The whole House/Farm is being redone.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Actually, I was looking for a reason for the family to leave the region, relating it likely to the fall of La Marche, I'd appreciative if the church stays, or atleast the idea of Ignis but its not my region anymore.

However, the Family has left the land (And a notable amount of RP items would of been taken, basically everything from the Crypts) As Francis was just there, aside from that, I wish you the best of luck.

Edit: The whole House/Farm is being redone.
I own it under Henri, who is an Anhald, so the Ignis influence is a definite must, no worries there. However, I am likely going to likely scrap the region and build an Anhald fortress there with a small Ignis chapel. Henri is going to /find/ the place empty and ransacked of RP items except the occasional odd and end.

If you want any part of the church saved via w/e or anything, let me know. I probably won't be starting for a little bit anyways.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I own it under Henri, who is an Anhald, so the Ignis influence is a definite must, no worries there. However, I am likely going to likely scrap the region and build an Anhald fortress there with a small Ignis chapel. Henri is going to /find/ the place empty and ransacked of RP items except the occasional odd and end.

If you want any part of the church saved via w/e or anything, let me know. I probably won't be starting for a little bit anyways.
Perfect, mind you the RP items that were taken was mostly cultural things, like ashes and urns so you're fine xD

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Status Update; After a long night he has finally made it south, getting bad directions on the way, currently wandering between Silverwatch and Caldwell~

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Prized Possessions updated, sadly he cannot use the majority of his items, Welp!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I've had quite a bit fun with this character, expect him to stick around c:<