Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive Gabriel

Snowymaximus

Lord of Altera
Legend
Snowymaximus
Snowymaximus
Legend
Gabriel Thomsen II
Second of his name to his Grandfather
Son of Lombard Thomsen and Lillian Thomsen
Denizen & Servant of Alteria

Related image

-[X]-

Related image

General Information

Nickname: Gabe
Appears to be: About 40 or 50
Race: Human
Weight: 175lbs
Height: 5'11"
Hair: Brownish-Black
Alignment: Neutral Good
Social Status: Denizen
Languages: Common
Beliefs: Valiant
Skills: Tailor, Forging, Knifework

Appearance & Voice

To the naked eye, a soft but hollow human figure in plain cloth looks almost to be waded around like iced water in the northern sea. A deep shadow seems to gloom around him, accompanied by his soft, but a richly layered voice, which is a surprisingly well-spoken northern accent. He is lean but sturdy, with coarse muscles and defined edges. His dull blue and brine eyes intersect the oval shape of his face; accompanied by whisker-like facial hair, trimmed but scraggly all the same. His hair is well combed, pulled up and back, but greyed slightly at the roots. His lips are soft and dull pink, overlapped by his brown and plain black mustache.

Related image

This idea comes something I read once, that if you could have a discussion, in an interview style, with a character, how do you think they’d respond? Here is my attempt at this prompt, which includes almost everything from the in-depth character sheet. Feel free to let me know what you think!

Tell us about yourself

“Hello, my name is Gabriel, I’m 34 years old, and I’m a - well, I’m - I'm not quite certain what I am at the moment." He softly laughs “I’ve been moving around for a while, got a few jobs here around the landing - I’m from Queensport, you see, and there’s not much to find there or work on besides your three basics: wood, rock and, eh, coal - lots of it too, I’d know well." He shows his left hand, coercing the soles of its marks with his right hand "Still have few marks from splinters and bruises." He points to one "That one - from a bad accident.. with a sailor - a whole wood stick paled out of the base of my pinky, right there, when he dropped it. Fortunately, doctor was nearby - cost me a fortune - about a weeks work. But yes, for the most part, I’ve worked as a laborer, I’ve had my deal in other lines of work, but if I’m being quite honest... I’d like to move on to the next question.”

-[x]-

Related image

Could you tell us about your values, things that motivate you, etcetera?

“I would say that I would be-be a fair kind of guy. I’m not the sort to let, say, someone lay down dead on the street, you know? But-but really, I feel confident in my justice, and my understanding, even if I couldn’t really, eh-get to know a person, that, let's say, isn’t doing so well. Valiant, is someone I look up to for that. I’d say I’m a family man, but I couldn't really, well, pat that down." He softly laughs, looking down against his feet in pause, then up again "Erm.. but-but there is something that I hold dearly in the fact that I - truly - I truly love my daughter. She is the light of my life, even through all the-the muck, you know? Sometimes she’d - He laughs - she’d go about with her little duck feet and have paint all over her face - I’d follow suit in line and... what not." The biggest grin is on his face "In the market, she’s the one that picks out the food - well, the sweets; I pick out the food, mostly.

"But, eh, yes, back to the question, I say that I’m fair... in the decisions, not only I made to myself, but made to others. Honestly, I’d say that maybe there are things I’ve, hesitated, too long on, one of those things, unfortunately, was - well, I divorced a few years ago, so there's, a-a point of contention there, I think; and there's alot I want out in life, particularly for my daughter, but also for myself. Speaking candidly, I want a house, a proper one, that is. I’ve been, well, here and there, but... there really isn't a replacement for a home. My father was a tough man, raised me till I was a teen, taught me tailoring, fishing and whatnot, but I don't ever consider - and this is hard for me to say, but I don't ever consider him to be really apart of the home. He was always out, drunk, came back with a-a-a whore in his lap most of the time. And.. - He sighs - well if I’m being quite frank, I had a deep, deep hatred for the man. So, when I say home, I mean a complete home, you know? Not just for my kid, but also a complete home for myself - one where I don't have to come around and have, you know - whatever - just come into my house and sod wherever they please.”

Would you say that your family, or anyone else, has a major influence on you today from your past?

“Parts.. parts I would say are apart of me today. My mother was a kind lady, didn't know her too well though.. There’s a-another... - He coughs - I’m sorry, I feel like this is getting a bit too personal. Can we move to the next question?”

-[x]-
Related image

Of course. What other hobbies or favorite things do you like or do in your spare time?

“I’d say most definitely riding - horseback, that is. There's nothing better than that, I don't think... been on some a couple of times, up in Queensport, doing some transport work. I do also tailor, made a few shirts for myself, but mostly it's a skill that I keep in the back of my mind when I need it most, you know? Erm.. well, for favorite things - I like green, at least the color. Hate purple - red as well, I'd say..." He softly laughs "I love chicken - pot roasted... Favorite music? I'd say... traditional, surprisingly. I've heard a couple of good ballets in my time."

What would you say your greatest strengths are? Your weaknesses?
“I’d say that I’m mostly a people kind of person. I can make connections with people generally ok, considering my circumstances. As for weaknesses, as I've said - choices, probably, especially the ones that aren't so simple, are not as - not as - well, as easily thought out, you know? At least on my end, I've made a couple of bad choices, particularly ones that, unfortunately, ended poorly, not just on my regard, but to others. I haven't - at least once or twice - haven't really been the one to - to, you know, step up at the occasion. I try, you know, to do that, but that's, erm, that's something I regret not doing alot and think about it, often."

What skills or things would you like to take up or improve in the future?
“I think that I’d like to learn a bit more about the world, you know? There's alot out there that I haven't really seen, people and cultures I haven't met. I’d also like to know how to fight - a bit silly, but in today's world, there's - at least I’ve found - alot of-of baddies out there, to put it simply. I wouldn't want to end up at the wrong side of a knife in an alleyway. Though, I have some experience with the knife. Queensport isn't - well, wasn’t really the place for - for, eh, boys, like me, to grow up too well. Other than that, though, I’ve been practicing for music - not going to well -" He laughs "- dancing too, which is mostly for fun - been practicing a bit here and there. Also tried a bit of cobbling, which, to be frank, He laughs I always butchered the lengths for dwarfs or halflings ... dropped it after it couldn't be - been profitable. I know my grandfather was a barrister, and I've picked up a-a few of his books, but I haven't really gone to into it. But there's - there's alot that I want to get done for myself, and hopefully, there are some kind folk out there looking to take someone on like me, or whatnot."

What things, physically or internally, hold you back?
“Well, ever since my twenties I developed a bit of a stutter, in my eh, sentences. Nothing too - too major, only occasionally does it pop-up. So-so that's been hard for me, at least, to have, uh, flowing conversation. But I do work to set it straight, even if that involves me talking to myself, you know? My age has also been a point of conflict. There's a-a, well" He points to his head, specifically the region of balding and grey-haired "Since my later twenties, my hairs been moving faster than myself, at least. You tell someone you’re 28, 29, 30, and they give you the stink eye, you know? So that's been rough, for jobs sakes at least. But for the most part it hasn't held me back. Internally... I don't even think I know that yet - I can only try to do what's right, in the end.”

-[x]-
Related image

What advice do you have for people for life?

“Well... that's a big one, isn't it?" He laughs "Erm, yes, well, here's what I’d say: Work hard, but know when to relax. That's my philosophy at least. I don't think that you should get to caught up in all the-the politics, the economics of the world, to often. There's a point where you, I’d say, have to stop and-and really reflect upon what you really hold dear. I know there have been a couple of times in my life where, well, you just have to step back. And thats helped, truly. But never forget when to step out of your door and stand up for yourself."

Any other interesting facts about yourself?
“Well, I love animals... hate bugs... I can... wiggle my ears… He demonstrates. Other than that, there isn't much to say.”

Related image

Relationships

Loved & Loves
-Mom
-Lillian Thomsen (Daughter)

Friends & Acquaintances
-

Neutral, Unsure, Unknown, & Heard Of
• A collector of auctioned goods (Unsure / Met)
• A brown-haired elf (Cassandra Glade)
• A drinking halfling ranger (Hadley Bentlee)
• A detached moor elf (Unsure / Met)
• A man with a scar (Unsure)
• Nwalme Fuvur (Heard Of / Seen)
Marcelo Scorpetti (Met)
Ben (Met)
Damon (Met/Fought against)

Disliked & Wary
-
Kailey Yven (Estranged Wife)

Hated
-Dad

Related image

Possessions
Soon

Related image

Recent Memories & Events

- Attended the Coronation of the self-proclaimed Emperor Nwalme Fuvur

Related image

Accomplishments & Achievements
Soon

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Very nicely put together! I look forward to this. :)