Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game Of Crowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taleis

Loyal Servant of Altera
I don't understand you say that but at the same time you said you're going to kill the king no matter what.... Whats your motive to kill any king. The king could make you a noble for all you know or feed you cake everyday... or he could banish you.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
At the 3-months rule, I think the community should decide whether to let the king sit another 'term', or start rioting after three months (even if they don't have an actual reason, otherwise somebody could be a king for over a year, while there are others who want to give it a shot too).

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
This is amazing! I've wanted a nice explanation of the GoC for a while...

With bounties, will the claim of reward be left to anyone, or will the Council task it to certain Guilds?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
At the 3-months rule, I think the community should decide whether to let the king sit another 'term', or start rioting after three months (even if they don't have an actual reason, otherwise somebody could be a king for over a year, while there are others who want to give it a shot too).
Understandable that people would get restless, but if the King does a good job at providing RP, encouraging an economy and building things for RP, there'd be no reason to make him step down

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Understandable that people would get restless, but if the King does a good job at providing RP, encouraging an economy and building things for RP, there'd be no reason to make him step down
Perhaps opening a better 'King's Shoppe' that buys and sells diamonds or other wares, too? perhaps if the king's shop could buy anything? Anyways, I suppose that's for a different thread.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
It's just like Sally said. If something's not broken, why fix it? Although, there are... well, let's just say "certain individuals" who wish to have a weak, manipulable king so a certain organization can gain power and more control over the Northern Kingdom. But otherwise, if the king is fulfilling his duties, doesn't that kinda cut him down too if he has to give up his kingship because of some pointless rioting? Plus, isn't this a monarchy? Monarchical governments don't have "terms of office," so to speak. At least, last I checked.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
I'll be honest these rules are slightly disapointing. All this waiting and it turns out to just be a body count then only two battles. Oh well, at least we'll finaly have a ruler...to overthrow.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
It's not really a monarchy, since the king gets rechosen every 3 months.
may get rechosen. That's not confirmed. Because why would you need to replace a good king? Yeah, there may be others who wanna try to be king, but if that's the case, then form a coup to take power or make an assassination attempt, or something of that manner.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
I think it's more like being president of the united states then being a king.
Then what's the point of being called a king? Just for giggles? Additionally, if the "king" is rechosen every 3 months, then that would throw basically all plots for power out the window. While getting a new ruler every 3 months might be more fair to other players who wanna try, I think it'll limit the possibilities for RP. Plus, life isn't fair. :T

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
well I know this will be a question anyway, in the process the king chooses the Archmage as king, how would that be handled?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
It's just like Sally said. If something's not broken, why fix it? Although, there are... well, let's just say "certain individuals" who wish to have a weak, manipulable king so a certain organization can gain power and more control over the Northern Kingdom. But otherwise, if the king is fulfilling his duties, doesn't that kinda cut him down too if he has to give up his kingship because of some pointless rioting? Plus, isn't this a monarchy? Monarchical governments don't have "terms of office," so to speak. At least, last I checked.
You're deceptively evil considering your character looks so innocent *staaaares* xD

well I know this will be a question anyway, in the process the king chooses the Archmage as king, how would that be handled?
Well, basically the Mage chosen by the archmages would participate in the Kings court, and probably be his right hand man in cases of assassination attempts and giving the King some tips of how to handle things. I wouldn't doubt the chosen King would do this anyway and have friends or allies to assist him in times of need.

As for the economy things, with a high amount of rads (assuming some houses will enter *crosses fingers*) the King would be able to buy whatever he wants, I'm hoping they'll take it upon themselves to tell others "Hey we need this to build, you can sell it to me here." But if not, I'll probly make Fastidious buy some stuff :p

Status
Not open for further replies.