Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Geopolitics, Claims, and Lore

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
If you want your town/region to make it into some of the fancier things I'm doing, including getting to name places and have me actually care, listen up.

Hello there chums. It does appear that you bunch of crafters has been set loose upon the world looong before I thought you would, and you might've picked out the besstest places.

Well, it's Naelwyn time, I guess. Sorry to do despicable things to yer cheerios, but I'm gonna try and spin this as positively as possible.

I'm trying to set up distinct cultures in the new world. What Lonmar is going is a prime excellent example, with a Nordic culture claiming a set of towns and interconnecting them in a distinct geographic space.

As a result, I'm going to be going over literally anything they care to write me and do my best to fit it into the lore, because they're working with me to create some actual geopolitical flavor.

To everyone else? Help me make this map into one that looks like it could happen in a real world and I can take us to a wonderful, magical place.

Attached is iteration one of my Geopolitical map understanding.

The Nords and Lonmar are going onto one island. I love it.

If anyone else would like to work with me and establish a consistent geopolitical map, I will use all the pull that I have to ensure you get a particular space if your reasons, motivations, and backgrounds are most deserving.

Map_Iteration1.jpg

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
With a city a few friends and I are planning, located in the desert, would it be possible to create a whole desert culture and way of life based on that? Is that the kind of stuff you mean?

Apologies, I'm a bit "slow".

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
With a city a few friends and I are planning, located in the desert, would it be possible to create a whole desert culture and way of life based on that? Is that the kind of stuff you mean?

Apologies, I'm a bit "slow".
Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Sounds good. We'll start writing and planning some base stuff, and then we'll send it on over to you and we can build from there. Thanks Nael.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I would love to see active regions with a chance to actually pull this off, like the Nords, Timbervale, Arduin and Arcturus lands taking first pick on the new map.
You can claim a few plots in a rival region, but expect to be either butchered and looted or heavily taxed if you do so. (or just be really good at political stuff and RP an advantage out of it.)

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Although actually... Am I the only one steadily falling in love with the island Nael has chosen for us?
So much beautiful snow~

W

wakerman4

"East of Cyrodiil is the Nibenay. Anvil, Kvatch and Chorrol follow Nibenesse culture...."

"...I just love the Imperal city, all races and all cultures!"

"DIE MORTAL!"

"..Nobody wants to live in the Jerall mountains. Well Bruma, but they are Nords..."

"You'll find things in Anvil you won't find in the Imperal city. This is port town..."

-Some ES: Oblivion quotes to help.the topic

C

Cubey

my thoughts that earthspawns may live in edge of mordor-like hell biome, Like Cirith Ungol but no confirmed yet

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I believe Seth already claimed a town on the island in the top left corner.

Lonmar went on the top right continent..

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
When i get my own town, i hope it's gonna be somewhere on the northern islands, so sea-trade and other stuff might occur :)

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Letsjustseewhatsethdracoandnaelsayokay?
Oh hai dare.
The Top-right is where I'm planning to claim my towns-worth for Dwarves atm. There's an Archipelago there, which is where Spark was having Sargoth and I'm planning to use those to utilize a Dwarven Town, where I'll be able to restart Thraall again and get some planning in this time. I've not claimed anything in the top-left yet apart from the Snowy Volcano, which is where I'm housing a Hamlet as well for a different build-style of Dwarven Town. Sooo, nothing in the top-left, just the Volcano but I am claiming the Archipelago in the top-right, which I did discuss with Draco in-game yesterday. Soo...it's the very top-right I've got some stuff going on and away from the Lonmar claims for now it seems.

Hopefully, I'll be expanding the build with a few more Dwarves I'm slowly getting and trying to revive it. I'm also re-writing some of the Yearnen stuff, seeing as it's still more the old base material right now...
Sorry for any confusion peeps :p

Edit: I just re-read this...did that make any sense?