Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hear me out and don't be rude. (case closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitzbuhel

Lord of Altera
If you actually read what I put - it was not an appeal for xray. I DONT HAVE XRAY Nor have I ever had it. I have been on the server almost since it began. Think to yourself, do you think I would use xray now, when I have a huge town (to myself) - more radiants than cherbert - which I earned fairly, and donated over 100 pounds sterling to the server? I don't think that seems very rational to me. But then again that's just me, I'm just a donator not a moderator that sees another side to purely - oh he mined directly to an ore a few times, we must conclude xray. I dont have it and its pointless?!
I told you - world chunks refreshing in lag, I saw ore locations. That is all.
Now I really do apologise, have removed my fly mod even and would love nothing more than just to continue simply with my other friends rp-ing.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
sometimes I do get the occasional missing chunk, but I don't think they happen very often underground or so often near diamonds (or two veins in one instance) Buuuut I'll grab some screenies anyway and give ID's so other mods can take a look. I was reluctant on banning kitz for this exact reason that he's been such a long time player and doesn't need to xray, so it'd be questioned a heap.

1143937 - Okay I just teleported to this one and thought there wasn't much evidence, but this straight tunnel was dug by Armykender, kitz dug straight down to this diamond (in a sense, it's specifically moving 1 space digging down and so on so forth)
2012-04-02_09.59.49.png

The next vein was hit in 48 seconds.
1144117 - Nothing much to see here, pre-dug tunnel and hidden diamonds.
2012-04-02_10.08.58.png

1144474 - This was the first one I teleported to and didn't think too much of it until I checked that the outside tunnel was again, pre-dug.
2012-04-02_10.10.31.png

Now, yes, I understand chunklag, but this is waaaay too specific and happens way too often to not be xray, or at least some kind of locator. It wont matter if you keep denying it or admit it, you're still banned because this is what hawkeye says.

S

Stevey

Let's not get carried away. The proof is here, Kitz can defend himself or not that's upto him.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
it is a thread that you must have commented on previously but the posts deleted

Aug88

Grand Architect
i MUST admit 1 point, when you fly around you can get to look along time underground, iv seen that a million times chunk loading goes extremlly slow sometimes.

Still this doesnt prove he didn't use it tho...

still this proves that YOU do fly around to search for stuff or else you woudnt be able to use chunk lag to your advantage ;)

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
and besides, that only shows ores on the edges of chunks, not within them

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
When i use TextPacks i sometimes see through blocks so that could be it. I just cant belive Kitz would x-ray he's one of our awesomest players :(

Geo_08

The Ghost of Altera
what I'd like to know is why do people use x-ray I mean it's called 'minecraft' and diamonds arn't worth that much nowadays. Anyway I think Kitz needs a fair oppotunity to defend himself however the evidence against is very compelling

Kitzbuhel

Lord of Altera
I promise you... I have not xrayed, never have and I never will. I support fair play on the server and love everything about it. As I have said before and I will say again (before I even try to defend myself) Hollow World has the potential (and already is very close) to being one/if not the best minecraft server for all-round features and community fun. I enjoy the theme, building large/grand designs... I have been the mayor of not one...but three different towns on three different maps. I know I shouldn't mention being quite a significant donator - but that does show how I have sat and thought "you know what... this server does have potential and I want to be a part of it". (and that was back in summer 2011!! It was near featureless with few plugins etc.)!
Players have come and gone, banned and unbanned. Hell, I've even had theo_paroell AND Lutheranus in my town (Minos Grande back in the beta days) AT THE SAME TIME! :p

I can only say what I have currently said and admit that yes, I was tempted by, and took advantage of a highly unusual chunk load (slowly) - I do not know if the new HD texture pack had anything to do with it that I was trying out.. or the HD water reflection pack that my friend had installed for me. To be honest - I only JUST figured out how to install the fly mod by myself.. I am not very good at installing mods... so I keep them just to the fly mod - I never had another one.

As to the situation detected and analysed by the excellent moderator SallyRose - It does even to me look like someone who xrayed - tunneling a few times straight to some diamond deposit. I assure you it was the world pieces revealing ores, and cross sections of land. It was even still refreshing while I made a tunnel which was really weird...
As I said, my computer is running a lot faster now - I just had a new / upgraded processor fitted as I do a lot of video and film editing on Final Cut Pro.

I miss the server somewhat and am sorry. It wouldn't happen again. I'm not going to defend myself again after this message, it is here for anyone to see. I will not bother you again if you still rule me as a player unfit to be a part of the server - a cheater - or a potential harm to player's experiences on the server.

Thank you all even if it was for the time I have spent on the server since summer 2011 - It has been great.

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Unless you're using a computer made out of stone or a windows 95 computer, it's probably impossible to have chucks load slow enough to see the ores and even if they were loading this slow, the chance you would see any diamonds would still be very low, since they're not all over the place.
Non the less, you might not have been using an x-ray mod or texturepack, you still used something to get to those diamonds. Personally, I don't care if it was x-ray, chunks loading or unicorn magic, you cheated to see the location of diamonds and you dug right towards them.

Kitzbuhel

Lord of Altera
You are a 'professional forum stalker' - I admitted that I was sorry for talking advantage of the world loading; possibly my texture pack assisting? I don't know. Whatever it was, my computer is not stone, and it's a mac. I am not addressing you with all due respect sir. I am offering my apologies and will accept a final judgement from those who called the initial judgement.

ReapingFaith

True Bandit
No from me aswell, although your apoligy does seem sincere. But x-ray and cheating in any form is bad and ruins the fun for others.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I know its bad, but I personally vote yes, as long as the following take place:

All items and money are removed from his chests and inventory
Title reset to villager (he was a radiant before so this is a big hit)
A sincere promise to never take advantage of chunk loading again, perhaps deleting the texture pack and water shader would help this.

Of course, that is just my opinion, and by no means final.

ReapingFaith

True Bandit
I know its bad, but I personally vote yes, as long as the following take place:

All items and money are removed from his chests and inventory
Title reset to villager (he was a radiant before so this is a big hit)
A sincere promise to never take advantage of chunk loading again, perhaps deleting the texture pack and water shader would help this.

Of course, that is just my opinion, and by no means final.
So in other words reset him to nothing.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Maybe it is me, but I often experience severe chunklag. I have an Intel i3 with 4GB ram on optic fibre internet and sometimes whole rows of chunks remain unloaded and only load when i relog. Never was tempted to mine after the ores, because it happens in the NK where I spend most of my time.
(edited, post was made on my phone and had some spello's)

Status
Not open for further replies.