Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hear me out and don't be rude. (case closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
In my grandpas computer i lag so much i can see through everything, that's one of the reasons i stopped playing till i got my own computer =/

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
Alright, after seeing the reason "chunk-lag" popping up, I wanted to see if these diamonds were actually found within these chunks (as Legion noted: You can only see the edges of a chunk, an example would be the following picture: http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/5/4201/2011-02-03_17.33.58.png)

I spend quite some time trying to figure out a way to easily find these distribution of chunks, and with that I experimented if your argument is still valid.

For the first picture I show how I did it: Ice and water below has some sort of glitch which
becomes very useful, you can actually see the edges of chunks. With that information, I
marked every ore found, the location, pre-dug tunnels and of course the edges of the chunks.

Hawkeye log number #1811391

This one indeed was on the edge of a chunk. But I decided to look further, since only one
place would not suffice as proof.

Hawkeye log number # 1144117

As you can clearly see, the diamonds were not at the edge of a chunk and it was just next
to a pre-dug path (mossy cobblestone)

One out of three is at the edge of a chunk, one out of three is not at the edge of a chunk.

For the final one I checked out the single diamond (very hard to find a single block of diamond right next to lava) And did everything the same as I did with the previous finds.

Hawkeye log number # 1144767

Now.. Yes, it is at the edge of a chunk.. So you might conclude that it was all the blame towards simple chunk-lag. HOWEVER, the pre-dug path (again, mossy cobblestone) is what exposed you as a x-rayer. As you mined through the pre-dug path (showed in orange) right to the diamond which was hidden in lava and the path you took was NOT at the edge of a chunk, so you can impossibly use that as an argument anymore.

So, as of this research I conclude that you indeed did use x-ray, and my vote will be that the permanent ban will stand.

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera
Unless you're using a computer made out of stone or a windows 95 computer, it's probably impossible to have chucks load slow enough to see the ores and even if they were loading this slow, the chance you would see any diamonds would still be very low, since they're not all over the place.
Non the less, you might not have been using an x-ray mod or texturepack, you still used something to get to those diamonds. Personally, I don't care if it was x-ray, chunks loading or unicorn magic, you cheated to see the location of diamonds and you dug right towards them.
its dont be mean, i had a computer only 5 years old giving me these kinds of chunk errors, thankfully i have a better machine now, but its not unreasonable to assume its just a well worn computer, not something made of stone, also how old were you when i was running windows 95....

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Thank you aux for doing that research, that was what i was trying to point out but i wasnt sure how to go about testing it in the game.
The point is, that excuse doesnt work. My vote is no.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
I personally agree with the Idea Itzza had.
Let him stay on the server, but demote him and take his things, as he has been on the server for a long time, and I think he won't give any more trouble for the server if he is let back on.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
I personally agree with the Idea Itzza had.
Let him stay on the server, but demote him and take his things, as he has been on the server for a long time, and I think he won't give any more trouble for the server if he is let back on.
That is what we thought last time when we had given him his very last chance.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
When he was last reset? Im pretty sure you havent been on that long ^^
Silly, no I don't. But I'm trying to make a point here that he messed around in the past until he was given a final warning, and now it clearly shows that he x-rayed.

Lets wait on his own response now and then make a final decision.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
shows that he x-rayed.
Really? 2 were on the edge of chunks and the other in the visible wall of a pre-dug tunnel. I'm not saying he hasnt cheated, he most certainly has, but the means, whether it is xray or chunk lag, is not proven by this, as much as I admire your effort to get a clear showing.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
Really? 2 were on the edge of chunks and the other in the visible wall of a pre-dug tunnel. I'm not saying he hasnt cheated, he most certainly has, but the means, whether it is xray or chunk lag, is not proven by this, as much as I admire your effort to get a clear showing.
Please re-read what I posted. Though it is at the edge of the chunk, he mined through a pre-dug mine to the diamond within the same chunk, towards the edge with the diamond in the same chunk. That is what I'm trying to put here.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
And about the other one, he had to mine down/corner (through solid rocks) to get there. (check out the picture which Sally posted.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
yea itzza i remember him being a huge trouble as well, hed already been banned but let back under the conditions of restarting. Clearly it didnt make a difference.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
yea itzza i remember him being a huge trouble as well, hed already been banned but let back under the conditions of restarting. Clearly it didnt make a difference.
People forget over the course of 8 months legion. I don't remember what I was doing back in 1.7, besides getting minecraft.

can we wrap this one up guys...
I know he already made his statements, but with this new evidence, let us see what he now thinks.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Assuming he is happy with the proposal I would like everyone who voted no to consider giving him a final chance and reseting him to zero in both wealth, items and rank.

ps. I will not accept any further donations from him to bypass this judgement until such time as he reaches 50,000 radiants by legitimate means.

ReapingFaith

True Bandit
Assuming he is happy with the proposal I would like everyone who voted no to consider giving him a final chance and reseting him to zero in both wealth, items and rank.

ps. I will not accept any further donations from him to bypass this judgement until such time as he reaches 50,000 radiants by legitimate means.
Your decision is final Manic, so I guess so.

Status
Not open for further replies.