Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Holy S*it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 61

NOOOOOOO! The server will be shrouded in misery! D:

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Fantastic news.

But could be a bumpy ride for the server as Bukkit transitions to Mojang and whatever the new API is going to be.
*looks at screen, as he picks himself and chair from the floor* *pats self down from dust and sits down again*
Glad to hear its not all bad news, I am sure we can weather out a bumpy ride as we move onto the new system and who knows what this may bring it could be far better than now. Who knows what the future will bring :D

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Concerned that no mention was made about 1.2 and if this announcement will delay it.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
I for one, really hope that it will not delay it because I have been looking forward to 1.2 for ages now and all the goodies that it will bring :D Hopefully they can make an official announcement soon to clarify more details and certify that it will or will not be delayed.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Concerned that no mention was made about 1.2 and if this announcement will delay it.
I think that the API and other things they will work on with them will be released in 1.3, as 1.2 has been pretty much completed, and there is no need to delay it any longer.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Phew!

Today we can announce that the four main developers ofbukkit– a community-based Minecraft server implementation – have joined ranks with Mojang to bring you the same flexibility and versatility to the official Minecraft server. The four,Warren Loo(@evilseph),Erik Broes,Nathan Adams(@dinnerbone) andNathan Gilbert, will work on improving both the server and the client to offer better official support for larger servers and server modifications.
The plan is to build a fresh server API, and then extend it to support client-side modding (in one way or another). We will try to make it easy for bukkit users to convert if they wish to do so, but backwards compatibility is not guaranteed. We will, however, help bukkit to be compatible with 1.2, to avoid having a long gap while you wait for the official Minecraft server to catch up.
Many of you may ask why we decided to work with bukkit instead of other Minecraft teams, such as Spout or Forge. The reason is that we want more than just modding, and these guys have always had server admins in mind when developing their additions to the game. We hope that this will help the quality of Minecraft multi-player to improve, both for large and private family servers, while still being able to add fun stuff for the bigger audience.
In addition to the bukkit members, Daniel Kaplan (@kappische) will join to handle the project lead to coordinate Minecraft’s broader goals. I (@jeb_) will remain as lead developer and game designer for Minecraft.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
It's all so exciting. I remember this being discussed before but what are the advantages for HollowWorld?

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Well sounds like we are finally getting something good and sorted out. Maybe this new team will bring in much better API system that will be even more useful to us than the current one :D
Maybe I am being an optimist here, but I personally feel that this change will bring great things into Hollowworld :D

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Yeah we'll probably lose a few plugins on the way but in the long run we'll have much greater flexibility in which plugins we can use. With any luck everything will be like spout and people will download anything they need client side from the server.

Geo_08

The Ghost of Altera
Yeah we'll probably lose a few plugins on the way but in the long run we'll have much greater flexibility in which plugins we can use. With any luck everything will be like spout and people will download anything they need client side from the server.
dare i say it... custom items?

Status
Not open for further replies.