Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

How does your character speak? AKA I can't hold all these damn accents

Do you really want the entire textblock of michcharacter accents

• Total voters

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I really seriously can't!

Its becoming a legitimate ISSUE when I try and altbox multiple characters and I stick jaxon's southern pirate-y muddlespeech on sophie, who speaks with only the strictest of old-english shakespearian sophistication.

Bah! If there's enough interest, I'll list out the range of all my characters (of which there are many, many more than I can carry). Before I do, though...

... How does YOUR character speak? Better yet, do your alts have different accents ranging between them?

edit: poll results
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/ho...l-these-damn-accents.36802/page-2#post-619521

Last edited:

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
From the Northern accents of Ase and Thordin to the sophistication of Daeron and Mylaela.

Then you have the middle ground Wynde and Zaleria have. It's a spectrum.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Nylarii used to have much more of a slur/drawl but she's kinda stopped that over time. It picks up once in a while, and some words more than others..
Syra tends to pick up on what other people sound like(and mimic), but generally she's average and has no.. Accent, really. I imagine shes got a natural tone from the Mok'yra she speaks but I wouldnt know how it sounds. xD
Marian was the worst I think. She was extremely uneducated and constantly drunk. >>

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Arabella was a frenchie, so I just drop the use of ' whenever I can, and say she z's everything
Soren uses alot of the '

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Lilly having very... Very eloquent speech it almost makes me feel like I fall short of my own characters knowledge.
Ellethwen being my middle ground, and having an Irish accent... I have to say their phrases are so fun.
Fjor being from the cold north, my god it's hard not to plaster her accent onto Ellethwen.
Violet is still developing her accent, which, oddly enough is a mix of several influential character's speech and mannerisms.
Meena is just Meena. She says what she feels like when she feels like, could be rudest thing you can hear and she'll say it with a smile.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Arabella was a frenchie, so I just drop the use of ' whenever I can, and say she z's everything
Soren uses alot of the '
That reminds me... Njorun was a nightmare. She mixed the northern accent with the French one. Never again

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Cymic speaks in a pirate-like dialect. ICly his elven has a different taste as well, a subtle flare of the seas.

Cymic: Ye', i'm a tail'r, i deal wit' threads n' th' likes. T'ss nah' a bad occupation, brings in th' coin.

Last edited:

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Edward speaks like he's literate, Ghado struggles with common and has eleven accent severe, Eudoxius only speaks noble, Archaeus spoke proper English.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Nylarii used to have much more of a slur/drawl but she's kinda stopped that over time. It picks up once in a while, and some words more than others..
Syra tends to pick up on what other people sound like(and mimic), but generally she's average and has no.. Accent, really. I imagine shes got a natural tone from the Mok'yra she speaks but I wouldnt know how it sounds. xD
Marian was the worst I think. She was extremely uneducated and constantly drunk. >>
Illthilior was kind of the same as Syra previously, with just taking the accent on of most people he interacted with in a certain period. For example; Hang around with piirrraatessss , speak with y'jolly apostrophes. Over time though, he kind of lost every accent he might have had, and now just speaks common English.

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
sometimes i write 'vot' instead of what. sometimes i write 'nyet' or 'da' since vlad is renatun, and renatuns are somewhat slavic/polish. i regularly use 'aye', 'yea', 'hullo'.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
Violet is still developing her accent, which, oddly enough is a mix of several influential character's speech and mannerisms.
I guess I need to step up my efforts.

Ater has a rader veird, rader enjoyable accent. Given de desert origins ov de Sooleran people, Ater's accent is best compared to a Persian Farsi accent, dough similarities can be found betveen his voice and several oder accents ov desert origin. De main parts ov it are replacing de letter "w" vit de "v" sound, dough, in reality, de sounds ov "v" and "w" sound more like a mix ov bot. De oder important part is de replacement ov "th" vit "d" or "t."
Past dat, Ater's accent is furder determined by de use ov big vords and de lack ov contractions.

Neve's voice is similar, but uses loads more slang and informal language.
None of my other characters have really noticeable accents (granted, I only have one other character.)

Edit: should add that the Soolerans don't seem to have an official accent or anything of the like, given the incredibly mixed origins of the Sooleran people. This is just my interpretation for one family.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Roy was intended to have a kind of scottish accent, but it honestly seems like it's become some strange mix of scottish and jamaican ._. mostly because of the lack of pronunciation on hard endings and H's. Lucie seems to just have a lighter accent that mostly influences the way she says certain words (ya not you, fer not for, etc.) rather than leaving out part of the word. And Tyr, well I based his accent off of how Paint does William's accent, but I made that lighter as well due to his time spent away from home.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Hmm, the only fun accent any of my characters has is Lena's. Her little mind runs so fast she tends to muddle several dialects together, often in the same sentence.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Roy was intended to have a kind of scottish accent, but it honestly seems like it's become some strange mix of scottish and jamaican ._. mostly because of the lack of pronunciation on hard endings and H's. Lucie seems to just have a lighter accent that mostly influences the way she says certain words (ya not you, fer not for, etc.) rather than leaving out part of the word. And Tyr, well I based his accent off of how Paint does William's accent, but I made that lighter as well due to his time spent away from home.
Yeah.. The funny thing is, William's accent is a form of accent I've done for Northerners for years, I simply cannot regard where I actually started using this accent or its influences.. I just do it xD

Ye see? Its ah pain in meh arse.