Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Iron Man 3

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Oooh is that what it is!
Yeah, Hulk aka Brucey was listening to Tony's problems, and they worked together in the Avengers

It might be the end of the Iron Man franchise but not of Tony Stark, because *Cough* Avengers

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Yeah, Hulk aka Brucey was listening to Tony's problems, and they worked together in the Avengers

It might be the end of the Iron Man franchise but not of Tony Stark, because *Cough* Avengers
he is coming back for the Avengers Two, then hes off. Rumour has it Tony will die in Avengers 2

Valcust

Lord of Altera
*SPOILER ALERT*

Alright, now that that's out of the way..
Let me start off by saying that I've been an Iron man fan since I was about seven. This was because he had a valid explaination for flight, rather than just "oh, he's got magical super powers~!"
Screw that.
The man's a technical genius and uses (what sounds like) viable technology to achieve his goals.
That being said: this movie was a complete let down for me.
To begin with, it was poisoned by "bayfever", a common illness found in most of today's popular cinema where one trades story or character growth for explosions and sex appeal.
Secondly, the deus ex machina that tony stark pulled completely out of his butt at the end annoyed me to the brink of insanity.
Why was he spending all of the movie attempting to fix Mk.42 when he could've just called the other 39 suits in to help whenever he wanted?!
Yes, he was fixing J.A.R.V.I.S, but he got the guy up and running before even attempting his little raid on the fake Mandarin!
And lastly, yet most importantly, PEPPER SURVIVES.
...no.
Just. No.
NO.
THAT IS NOT IRON MAN.
Iron man is supposed to be overcome with grief because he CAN'T protect pepper.
That was his story.
He works endlessly for the rest of his life perfecting his suits, attempting to ensure that others don't suffer the same fate of not being saved in time.
The destruction of all his suits, his arc reactor, and the sudden "fixing" of pepper made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.
BWAAAAUUUUUGHH THEY KILLED IT. WITH A STEAK KNIFE IN THE HEART. AAAUUUUUIGUGGH

That being said, it was a very entertaining film, though I wouldn't call it a good movie in the slightest.

/rantover

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
I liked the scene where it was in my town.
"What do you want for Christmas, young lady?"

NOOOOO STEREOTYPE!

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Terrible movie.
Ive been an Iron Man fan since I was little. Ive got a stack of Iron Man comics. I loved the first Iron Man movie (though tbh it didnt actually make all that much sense). I could tolerate the second one.
This one sucked.
Firstly: why does regenerative powers = super heat?
Why can at one point the fiery dude burn right through a suit, chopping it in half (as he did in the final fight scene) but in others he can punch Iron Man and it just acts as a powerful punch? And I don't remember them describing anything about super-human resistance, so why could fire guy punch Iron Man full on into a metal suit and not break his arms? Sure, if they did break they would regenerate but they have to break first.
Secondly, with all 42 suits, why the hell did Tony not have a single one plated with Tungsten?!? It would have solved the entire issue of heat. Not to mention that Tungsten is the obvious choice in effective armor(used in tanks), but its melting point is 6000 degrees Celsius, which, judging by the fact that the fire guys were not melting the concrete they stood on or igniting the atmosphere, would have been way beyond what the fire people could melt.
Not only that, but if you were going to design 42 suits to make sure you could withstand anything, how stupid could you be not to make on designed for heat resistance. Especially after being in a situation in which you had to be next to a nuclear detonation! (end of avengers movie)
Furthermore: why the hell waste all the time with the mark 42 if youve got 41 other suits that arent prototypes stashed away at home, easily accessible?
If JARVIS can simultaneously control 42 suit drones, why the hell didnt tony spend his time just making ten thousand standard Iron Mans and then controlling them all from home?
Nothing in this movie made sense!
And its supposed to, because Iron Man is supposed to be a genius who makes sense!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Terrible movie.
Ive been an Iron Man fan since I was little. Ive got a stack of Iron Man comics. I loved the first Iron Man movie (though tbh it didnt actually make all that much sense). I could tolerate the second one.
This one sucked.
Firstly: why does regenerative powers = super heat?
Why can at one point the fiery dude burn right through a suit, chopping it in half (as he did in the final fight scene) but in others he can punch Iron Man and it just acts as a powerful punch? And I don't remember them describing anything about super-human resistance, so why could fire guy punch Iron Man full on into a metal suit and not break his arms? Sure, if they did break they would regenerate but they have to break first.
Secondly, with all 42 suits, why the hell did Tony not have a single one plated with Tungsten?!? It would have solved the entire issue of heat. Not to mention that Tungsten is the obvious choice in effective armor(used in tanks), but its melting point is 6000 degrees Celsius, which, judging by the fact that the fire guys were not melting the concrete they stood on or igniting the atmosphere, would have been way beyond what the fire people could melt.
Not only that, but if you were going to design 42 suits to make sure you could withstand anything, how stupid could you be not to make on designed for heat resistance. Especially after being in a situation in which you had to be next to a nuclear detonation! (end of avengers movie)
Furthermore: why the hell waste all the time with the mark 42 if youve got 41 other suits that arent prototypes stashed away at home, easily accessible?
If JARVIS can simultaneously control 42 suit drones, why the hell didnt tony spend his time just making ten thousand standard Iron Mans and then controlling them all from home?
Nothing in this movie made sense!
And its supposed to, because Iron Man is supposed to be a genius who makes sense!

To address one of those points, they were all buried and inaccessible until the end of the movie.

To address another, the man was having severe anxiety attacks at the mere mention of the Avengers event, so he clearly wasn't in the best state of mind.

Also, it was a hobby of his. Not much of a hobby when you never innovate as a mechanist and just make 10000 of one thing.

Not much to say on the Extremis dudes. That was silly. But hey, movie. Cars generally don't explode into massive pillars of flame when you shoot a 9mm at the fuel tank.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
To address one of those points, they were all buried and inaccessible until the end of the movie.
"Oh, sorry, these super suits can't blow their way through a few feet of rubble."
*watches as a huge ultra humongousaur of a suit crashes straight through steel port boxes and proceeds to support the weight of an entire cargo port on it's back*
iron_man_3_trailer_screen6.jpg
....SCIENCE~!!

though I give you points on your fanime gif signature...Though not a lot. Probably minus points. Minus points, indeed :I

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Only thing I can think of for Tungsten plating:
Heavy.

Thick enough Tungsten plating to provide substantial heat resistance could well impact the possibility of flight, which is an obscene tactical advantage when you have it and the other guy doesn't. [Not that the writers would consider that.] (Which was my major problem with those 42 automated attackers. Why are they closing enough to get jumped on?)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Adds to the action more than blowing up the whole rig. Could also be that it would've been risky to use lots of high explosives when there were high-value people on board, like the Pres. and Pepper.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Only thing I can think of for Tungsten plating:
Heavy.

Thick enough Tungsten plating to provide substantial heat resistance could well impact the possibility of flight, which is an obscene tactical advantage when you have it and the other guy doesn't. [Not that the writers would consider that.] (Which was my major problem with those 42 automated attackers. Why are they closing enough to get jumped on?)
Tungsten Carbide alloy provides lightweight armor that is still plenty heat resistant.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Your signature is a plot hole in itself! Don't invalidate any of the movie's efforts (i.e. trying to survive) , have a little fun in the mean time, or at least try!

Does that make sense? Probably not. Meh. :p

Camernater3

Lord of Altera
I enjoyed the idea of the latest Spiderman Movie, too. I liked the idea behind the lizard man, and the idea that Parker actually made the web thingsies from the web in his lower neck
the lizard man "Lizard" I believe it is is already a character I remember playing a spider-man game when I was younger where he was the main protagonist

Camernater3

Lord of Altera
MOAR SPOLIER

One of them was styled like The Incredible Hulk :)
the one that looks like the hulk is the Hulk Buster Armour its meant to be just as tough as the hulk plus a little more or something but in the ipod game they named it Igor cause they are dumb :/