Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

kendobot99's Whitelist Application [Approved - Squidziod]

kendobot99

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

My Minecraft username is kendobot99

2. How old are you?

I am 24

3. What country are you from?

I am from the United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

I have read the King's Law, the Tome of Citizenship,some of the Survival Guides, and some of the Official Lore.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming should be defined as using outside sources your character wouldn't be aware of. For instance, if you're new to the world, using the dynmap to get the lay of the land, or asking players themselves where things are instead of their characters.

Powergaming, on the otherhand, would be playing towards a specific goal, and neglecting other aspects of the game. For instance, if someone rushes through roleplay in order to attempt to throw someone in jail, or kill them. It's considering everything that isn't directly related to that one specific goal to be not worth the time and effort to actually do correctly, well, or even at all.

Both are generally used to get a leg up on others, which isn't fair.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

Of course not! Not only would that be unfair, but it would ruin immersion.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!

Well, I practiced ballet for 8 years until tendonitis started to set in and make it difficult, but now I work as a Christmas Elf every December. I have two cats, one of which technically belongs to my sister, and I enjoy video games, writing, drawing, and cooking. I've been playing Minecraft since the 1.8 beta, and have played on a few roleplay servers before. I really enjoy the Medieval setting for the game, and I also love adventuring. I've always been the sort of "funny guy" in my classes, and I'm looking forward to bringing that, along with some seriousness, to the server!

I also like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I did actually take a few graphic design classes and drawing classes. I'll attach some of my stuff!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

Nobody referred me. I found this server simply by searching on google for an RP server.

About Your Character!
Character Name
:

Mikkel Undihl

Character Age:

Character Race:

Forest Elf

Appearance:

Slim, brown hair, grey eyes, light tan skin. Dressed in fur boots, a red tunic and hat, and green pants.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!

He watched the guards ride down the trail, searching with swords drawn. They stopped to search the forest surrounding the trail, cutting down branches, and fanning out. From his belt pouch, Mikkel grabbed a small stone and threw it down the road. Hearing the noise, the guards hopped on their horses and proceeded down the road, searching and searching. The elf waited until he could no longer hear them, before finally relaxing on the high branch he was sitting in. "Fools never even thought to look up a tree!" Mikkel laughed to himself. "I can't believe they wouldn't look in a tree for a Forest Elf!" From his backpack, he pulled out two loaves of bread, and a jeweled necklace. "All for this little trinket... I mean, the Dane has twenty more just like it!" He exclaimed as he stood up, preparing to climb down the tree. "Guess I'm a pretty big threat to the jewelry indu-" The branch snapped, and the elf plunged to the ground with a large thud. "stry..."

Limping into the next town, Mikkel looked around for a place to get a drink. He found the nearest tavern and shuffled in, sitting down at the bar. He ordered a mead and looked around, noticing a few brigands and someone in a long cloak fixing potions off in a corner. After Mikkel tossed a gold piece to the barkeep, he slowly made his way over to the figure crafting a potion and asked "I see you're an alchemist" The figure looked up, showing fair skin, some freckles, and beautiful, brown eyes. "I am indeed," she smiled, "and who are you, then?" "I... I am Mikkel, and I seem to be in love" The woman blushed slightly and waved her hand. "Oh, behave you. What brings you to this particular dark shady corner?" She said with a laugh. Mikkel blushes and straightens up. "I was wondering what sort of potion you're making there. I, uh, fell earlier and I was hoping you might have a healing potion I could barter off of you" The mysterious alchemist pulled a small vial out from under her cloak, and handed it to him. "Here you go, Mikkel. One potion, courtesy of Madam Lystra" she said with a wink. Mikkel's face flushed the color of his tunic, a nice, dark red. He started reaching into his pockets to try and find some gold. "How much do I owe you?" Madam Lystra smiled, placing her hand on his arm "Just a peck on the cheek, cutie" Mikkel froze, feeling his face reach an even deeper shade of red. His eyes widened, and he started stammering "A-are you s-sure? M-me? Really?" She giggled and winked at him, leaning her cheek towards him. He leaned in, and just as his lips would reach her cheek, she turned her head so that their lips were together. Mikkel jumped back, sweating nervously, and blushing with his entire body. "I- you- but-" She laughed loudly at the flustered elf, standing up and gathering her things to leave. "Maybe I'll see you around, Mik. It's been nice" And with a wink, she was out the door. Mikkel stood, stunned that a beautiful girl had just kissed him, when he realized that his leg still hurt. he rubbed a bit of the potion on his knee and drank the rest. "I'm going to meet her again... I swear it"

EDIT 1: Fixed a few spelling errors, corrected what I've read of the world information, and realized I forgot to add some of my art and such that I've done at the bottom...

EDIT 2: Expanded my "about me" section, redefined power and meta gaming, and lengthened my written test!

Attachments

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello, and welcome! Thanks for applying, you app is off to a good start, but there are a few things you need to look over first:
  • Metagaming and powergaming definitions need a second try. You're correct that they are things that provide an unbalanced or unfair experience, but the cause for that is different than what you listed.
  • The "Tell us about yourself" section should be five sentences long. Just flesh it out a little more and you'll be good.
  • Your written test is too short, 172/400. What you have so far is good, but please extend your story to this length.
After you've made the proper amendments, post here in this thread, and I'll take a second look. Thanks again, and you have very nice artwork!

kendobot99

Villager
Alright, I've revised those bits and reposted! Thank you for your help!

(I didn't realize that the format said 400 word minimum! Whoops!)

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Your app looks good except for your powergaming definition, which is still off. The rest is good, so just take some time to fix that last definition and you'll be golden! Same as last time, post here after you've had another go at it and I'll take another look.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations, kendobot99!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.